animalshadow
Private

Thanks AGEOD

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 am

Hello, probably not the best idea to to create a new thread, but feels like I have to thank you!

After a week of doubts, reading AARs, watching videos and reviews, I've finally acquired Alea Jacta Est & Civil War II and you know... Damn! Your games are sooo interesting and historically accurate, I feel like I have missed a lot not trying'em.

Want to wish best luck and thank you for your wargames, they are just brilliant.

Pocus

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 am

On behalf of the all the team, thanks :)

It's ok to open new threads for that, because a forum is a living things with ebb and flow. New stuff appears at the top, old stuff goes down in the bottom, no problem!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Leibst

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 pm

This is why are so important good AARs.

To me happened the same, i knew BoA because my brother told me. But i didnt get interested on the game until once day i bought it and discovered what was inside.
At this level of strategy wargames for me are simply the best games like AJE, WiA, CW2 or RUS.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

anjou
Lieutenant

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm thinking on beginning a new RUS AAR and this thread is making me lean toward yes.

Pyrrhus@Heraclea
Civilian

Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 pm

I too want to thank the AGEOD team! Until last week i had no idea these kind of games existed, ive bought almost every game, im hooked for life.

Jim-NC

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:54 am

Welcome to the forums Pyrrhus@Heraclea. :wavey:
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 am

Welcome indeed! And how you discovered us? :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pyrrhus@Heraclea
Civilian

Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks!

I just was feed up with games that lacked depth and real strategy/tactics. Im a hardcore history nerd and ive always wanted to play these kinds of games that ageod makes.
So i just search google and found ageod forum and now im here. Ive got so many games now that my mind is on overload, im so used to always win easy, now im getting
my ass kicked, and i love it!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Pyrrhus@Heraclea wrote:I just was feed up with games that lacked depth and real strategy/tactics.

Beware, IIRC, encirclements are not used for combat results; they're useless but to forbid supply.
But that's the only big missing feature.

Return to “General discussions”