ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Titles of threads

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:21 pm

General Rules
(...)
9. You will use descriptive subject titles when creating new threads.
(...)

Violations and Penalties
(...) In any case, do not try to become yourself part of the authority of the forum, just report it to the people in charge.
(...)

Sorry, as I don't like (exclusive rights of) police (I think everybody should have the police duty), and I nor don't like reporting to authorities if I can talk with the offender (I always report spambots), then I didn't report.
I had signed here, I was wrong:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?15487-Ageod-Forum-Rules

Rafiki

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Sending people a discreet PM about this, saying something a la "Happy to see your post, but if you'll allow me to give some advice, your thread titles aren't helping the discussion or helping you get the answers you're looking for", rather than whacking them in the head in public has a greater chance of being taken the right way by the recipient and thereby usually be more successful.

Another approach would be to make a generic thread about this in e.g. the CW2-forum (where this is occurs more than other places these days, naturally), raising the issue in general and encourage people to have it in mind when creating threads instead of getting right up in their faces, much like if you wanted to pick a fight or something....

In any case, assuming the role of "forum police" is tricky, especially if you don't formally have that role ;) You may not like it, and I agree with your goal of resolving issues at the lowest possible level without unnecessary escalaton, but at times it can be the best thing to simply bring things to our attention and let us worry about it for a while :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “General discussions”