bobbob
Corporal

Replay?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 am

Whats happened to the replay feature? As i understand it was not possible in PON, but what about the roman games. Will we see it in AACW2. Thanks

PhilThib

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 am

We are investigating the issue.

Pocus

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 am

It works in AJE but you have to activate it with an option (Media Tab), reason being it slows by 20% turn processing and very few people actually uses it.

For ACW2, we are unsure the code will stay compatible, so perhaps the feature will be discontinued. It asks a lot of efforts to maintain.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:10 am

Pocus wrote:For ACW2, we are unsure the code will stay compatible, so perhaps the feature will be discontinued. It asks a lot of efforts to maintain.

That is a pity.

The non-hosting player would miss a lot of information about what actually happened during the turn without it, like where an enemy stack is going before it disappears from sight, or a brief appearance of an enemy stack somewhere.

I even find it instructive for my own movements when I see them happening in concert, instead of as a confusing mess of lines when ordering the turn.

Die Zieten
Sergeant

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:That is a pity.

The non-hosting player would miss a lot of information about what actually happened during the turn without it, like where an enemy stack is going before it disappears from sight, or a brief appearance of an enemy stack somewhere.

I even find it instructive for my own movements when I see them happening in concert, instead of as a confusing mess of lines when ordering the turn.

I agree, it really would hurt.

Lindi
General

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Other solutions is log information about when the opponent troop are arrive in other area, log with other icone in filter option

Gen. Monkey-Bear
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 am

Perhaps a replay in scenes? Instead of the video-like replay of AACW it could be a series of a few snapshots every few days. I don't know if this makes any significant difference because I don't know how it works, but I think this would work as well as the AACW system.

Return to “General discussions”