We want every person to have an enjoyable experience and these rules have been written in accordance with this goal.
In order that everyone may receive the maximum benefits from their participation these Rules must be obeyed at all times.
By voluntarily participating in these forums you agree to follow the Board Rules and the User Agreement or forfeit your rights to participate.
- You will adhere to the User Agreement at all times
- You will not argue with, comment on or question the actions/authority of the AGEOD staff (Administrators, Moderators, Coordinators or any official member) in a public forum. If you wish to do so, you are directed to contact the AGEOD staff using the email@example.com email account.
- You will at all time respect and refrain from harassing and/or personally attacking other forum users or AGEOD staff.
- You will respect the rights of other users to have their own opinions.
- You will not use expressions that are considered foul, vulgar, sexually harassing, racially offensive or in any way discriminatory. These expressions include, but are not limited to, ethnic slurs, hate speech and religious epithets. Whether an expression fits under this definition will be determined by AGEOD official staff at the time.
- You will not make posts that are inflammatory with the perceived intent to rile people up (i.e. "trolling" and "flaming" are prohibited in this forum).
- Except for the specially designated "other language" forums, all posts are to be in English as that is the common accepted language on this forum.
- You will only post messages that are within the particular forum’s scope or topic.
- You will use descriptive subject titles when creating new threads.
- You will not hijack threads for your own purpose but, rather, will begin a new thread with the new subject.
- You will not link to images on other websites unless you have authorization to do so. This kind of "hot linking" is stealing the bandwidth of the server you link from, and is not appreciated.
- You will not post material (including text, images, graphics or other artwork) unless:
- the copyright is owned by you, and/or
- the copyright is owned by AGEOD, and/or
- the material is not in violation of any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that you may have signed, and/or
- you have the express permission of the copyright holder to do so, and/or
- you fully attribute the holder of the copyrighted material.
- You will not flood or post on the forums redundant, empty, or nonsensical posts or advertisements as determined by AGEOD staff (i.e. no "spamming").
- You will not post messages to advertise products that benefit you financially in any way without the permission of AGEOD.
- You will not post messages that offer or discuss pirated software/media/links to other such sites that offer it or discuss p2p sites/methods - hereunder posts that condone or support piracy.
- You will not post pornographic, sexually offensive material or images of a type unsuitable for a family/office environment or post links to such material or images.
- You will not make posts of illegal nature or posts that detail ways to perform acts of an illegal nature.
- You will not create offensive usernames as determined by AGEOD staff.
- You will not exploit any bugs or loopholes in the Forum Board security. This includes re-registering to evade bans imposed by the Forum Administration.
- You will not register more than one Member account without prior approval of an Administrator.
- You will not impersonate AGEOD staff or any other user.
- You will not attempt to or aid others in breaking into the forums or into other users’ accounts. Guessing your way into another users account is considered a violation and will leave "finger prints" in the forum logs.
[SIZE="5"]Violations and Penalties[/size]
If, for any reason, you are in violation of any of the rules of the Board or the User Agreement then your privileges to post on this Board will be reviewed by an AGEOD Moderator/Administrator. The penalties range from being given a severe warning as to future conduct, a timed ban (for a specified time), a total posting ban (you may still read the forums) or a total IP ban (you will not be able to read the forums). If the matter warrants it then you might also be reported to your ISP/appropriate authorities.
In any case you see someone infringing the rules, we encourage you to use the "Report this post to a Moderator" button to report the infringement as soon as possible to an official Moderator of the Forum. In any case, do not try to become yourself part of the authority of the forum, just report it to the people in charge.
AGEOD forum staff (Moderators and Administrators) have the final say over what constitutes a violation of the User Agreement and the Board Rules. In addition we reserve the right to terminate your account without warning and move/delete/close posts/threads that break these rules without further explanation.
Please note that an AGEOD Moderator is to be taken notice of no matter which Sub-forum he happens to post in. Just because his name does not appear in a particular Forum moderation, does not mean he should be ignored. The Moderators cover for each other as they cannot be here 24 hours per day.
If a warning is sent by a Moderator it will be sent by PM inside the forum board. It is your responsibility to ensure that your PM box is clear to receive such PMs. Ignorance of a warning is no excuse. You have a PM box, use it.
If a warning is sent by an Administrator (a little more serious) then it will be sent to your registered e-mail address. It is your responsibility to ensure that your e-mail address is a valid one and able to receive such e-mails. If for any reason an e-mail to your account is bounced back then your account will be banned until you contact us - we will not attempt to re-contact you.
This is a games Board and was never intended to facilitate the needs of everyone who wants to talk about anything at any time. It is not intended to be community television or a public park. The Board is privately owned, operated and maintained. Moderators and Administrators are used to keep the content in-line with the vision and purpose of AGEOD as a whole.
All administrative actions taken by the Moderators and Administrators of these forums are final. These actions include, but not limited to: delete/close/move thread/post, banning and warnings. Public posts against administrative/Moderator actions are against rule 2 and will be deleted and penalties liable by the user. Users that wish to contest these actions with a good explanation should conduct them over an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org a decision given from there is final and not subject to debate.
The User Agreement and the Board Rules are subject to change without notice. Further, some sub-forums have additional restrictions and/or guidelines for posting that are “stickied” at the top of the sub-forum. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the current rules and forum guidelines for posting.
By posting material (such as text, graphics and database files) to these forums, you irrevocably grant AGEOD full use of the materials in any and all ways that AGEOD deems suitable.
Anyone other than AGEOD seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the AGEOD message boards must receive the express written permission from the Webmaster of the AGEOD forum in which the content was posted.
By posting on the AGEOD message boards you are agreeing to all of the above.