Well, we will be waiting for your comments about it then...
Well, some preliminary thoughts - more from the demos than from the full game - this is not for the "casual" strategy gamer, although several levels of complexity exist.
- This is a unique game - more a simulation of the role of a Napoleonic army commander in a battle, really
- A 200+plus manual is a must read
- All the bad things of ETW are not here
. You will find corps, orders, chain of command, historical formations, meticulously attention to historical detail in everything from uniforms, commanders, etc., proper behaviour of units - routs before melee, prisioners - adequate grand tactical AI, etc, etc.
- All the "good" things of ETW are also not here
: 3D graphics are sub-par compared to today standards, and there is no campaign, the GUI is "clunky"...
- Complete editors are available - OOB, map, doctrines
Some improvements in the game are to be expected, specially in AI and in some "quirks" in what the 3D engine shows in regard to what is happening in the game engine.
Nevertheless, to all true strategy/wargame gamers, the efforts of an almost lonely man (JMM) should be recognized and rewarded, IMHO