Dunhill_BKK
Sergeant

Three Kingdoms for three players?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:35 am

I wonder if it is possible to adapt Athena and the AGEOD system to a three-player game? I reckon the Three Kingdoms would be great fun.

Is a three-player game easie to build than a 3+n-player game?

Just curios.

Rafiki

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 am

Dunhill_BKK wrote:I wonder if it is possible to adapt Athena and the AGEOD system to a three-player game?

Well, VGN is a more-than-3-player game, so the answer is "yes" :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Dunhill_BKK
Sergeant

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Cheers mate, I'd not been following that development. Looks good.

The Expatriate
Civilian

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Yes! If AGEOD could take the exhaustive officer roster of the KOEI games and add historical authenticity and realistic military tactics/strategy, I could die a happy man.

Only after I played through the game of course.
"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils."
--Gen. John Stark

Anguille

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 am

Meanwhile, i recommend Sango 2 by Magitech...it's a great single-player strategy game based on the novel with real-time battles. The AI is top.... ;)

Sango 2

Cheers

Adlertag

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Anguille wrote:Meanwhile, i recommend Sango 2 by Magitech...it's a great single-player strategy game based on the novel with real-time battles. The AI is top.... ;)

Sango 2

Cheers

Thanks. Interesting news about games I didn't know.

So, besides being set in China or Japan, what are the main differences between Sango 2 and Takeda 3 ?
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Anguille

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Adlertag wrote:Thanks. Interesting news about games I didn't know.

So, besides being set in China or Japan, what are the main differences between Sango 2 and Takeda 3 ?

Both games are based on the same engine, Takeda 3 being slightly more realistic.

There are two main differences though:

1. In Sango 2, you have the choice between 3 techtrees (Research). Once you choose one, you'll have to stick with it. Takeda 3 does not have research but you can visit the "Emperor"...with bonus.

2. In Sango 2, various of your officers have special "powers" (as described in "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms) which are hugely important to win a battle (affect nearby units): "False Command", "Paralyse","Heal" etc...An army full of such generals can become, they learn after each battle, become almost invincible...this is the case for the AI as well ;) .

Franciscus

Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:10 pm

@ Anguille
Thanks for the heads up, these games look interesting. A few questions, though: on the ezgame forum I see mentioned that Takeda is fixed resolution (a pity, in this LCD era) and has some problems graphic-wise with the zoomed out campaign map. What is your comments ?. And what is your favorite ? (Takeda or Sango ?).

@Ageod
Not really any of my business, but maybe these games (Takeda, etc) could be a good addition to your webshop (that seems a bit...dead ?)

Anguille

Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Franciscus wrote:@ Anguille
Thanks for the heads up, these games look interesting. A few questions, though: on the ezgame forum I see mentioned that Takeda is fixed resolution (a pity, in this LCD era) and has some problems graphic-wise with the zoomed out campaign map. What is your comments ?. And what is your favorite ? (Takeda or Sango ?).

Yeah...the zoom-out doesn't look that great but i use mostly the World Map in the Palace Mode/Screen. I believe they want to change it in their next game. I use the World Mode to move my armies mostly. All in all, it doesn't disturb me too much.

Takeka 3 is the game i had been waiting for (being a japan - sengoku afficionado) and i had ordered Takeda 2 and Sango 2 to keep me busy. I have to say that i enjoy the dynamic aspect added by the heroes in Sengo 2. Still, due to my interest, i think i would choose Takeda 3...but not by much ;) .

Cheers

Pocus

Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Sengo 2 seems to have been done after Takeda III, so this would explain the additions? (perhaps they will retrofit some features into Takeda III).

It seems to be fine games indeed, if only I had ample time :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Pocus wrote:

Eheh, if available time was a valid factor in the equation I should stop buying more games in the next 10-20 years... :wacko:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Eye on the Prize

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Scatrat: Keep your nose to grindstone! Afterall, you take those huge month long vacations on the beach, etc. t

Adlertag

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Anguille wrote:Both games are based on the same engine, Takeda 3 being slightly more realistic.

There are two main differences though:

1. In Sango 2, you have the choice between 3 techtrees (Research). Once you choose one, you'll have to stick with it. Takeda 3 does not have research but you can visit the "Emperor"...with bonus.

2. In Sango 2, various of your officers have special "powers" (as described in "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms) which are hugely important to win a battle (affect nearby units): "False Command", "Paralyse","Heal" etc...An army full of such generals can become, they learn after each battle, become almost invincible...this is the case for the AI as well ;) .

Thanks for the informations.
I see that Magitech Corporation has produced other games like Strength and Honour which seems also very interesting (SnH2 not yet released).
This company is rather active but has maybe a too small audience (?).
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Anguille

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Pocus wrote:Sengo 2 seems to have been done after Takeda III, so this would explain the additions? (perhaps they will retrofit some features into Takeda III).

It's the same game engine but Sengo 2 was released before (last year but both games have just been released on gamersgate). Strengh & Honor 2 will be the next game with the same engine and is being tested (not by me)...it should be available this autumn/late summer.

The lack of Research in Takeda 3 has been explained by the fact that not much research did happen during the Sengoku period. Teppos (riflemen) do arrive in the latter part of the game (late 16th century, i think).

Individuals in Takeda 3 do not have the "powers" of the ones in Sengo 2 as it's focus is on realism. Sengo 2 is based on the "romance of the 3 Kingdoms" where heroes do have special powers.

Cheers

Anguille

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Adlertag wrote:Thanks for the informations.
I see that Magitech Corporation has produced other games like Strength and Honour which seems also very interesting (SnH2 not yet released).

You're welcome! ;)
S&H is a good game but it's fairly complex. It's also a very unique title as the other games by Magitech have had another game structure: Takeda & Sango focusing on linear campaigns (battles only) while Takeda 2 & 3 as well as Sango 2 & Strength & Honour 2 play differently.

Adlertag wrote:This company is rather active but has maybe a too small audience (?).

Yes...while i did buy S&H some years ago, i've never been very active. I started being a regular on their forums since december of last year (waiting for Takeda 3) and i've bougth 4 games since then (Sango 1 & 2, Takeda 2 & 3). I am really enjoying these games but i do believe they have a fairly poor marketing department!

Cheers

Dunhill_BKK
Sergeant

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:38 am

Very interesting. Takeda 3 looks like an updated version of STW. How many units can you control at one time? Is it like TC2M?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers,

Anguille

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am

Hi,

I believe you can control 12 divisions per battle (max. numbers of soldiers in a division depends on the type) but an army can be larger (reserve divisions may be vital for further battles). These are the type of units you can recruit. TC2M focuses only on battles. The maps in Takeda 3 are much smaller (as the game also has the strategy map). Tactical competence is vital however... ;)

- Spearmen
- Swordsmen
- Archers
- Cavalery (40 men)
- Riflemen

Cheers

Anguille

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:15 pm

For those who have Takeda 3, a patch has just been released:

Takeda 3 downloads

- Added a Retreat Button for the Army in BattleMode.
- Changed the tooltip description for barracks.
- Removed advice dialogue that refers to 2 magical swords and other advice -dialogues that do not belong to this game.
- Fixed bug that caused the player's clan to have white banner.
- Fixed Memory Leaks.
- Fixed problem where Windows Vista users was not able to see the ending and intro movies.
- Fixed bug where unequipped weapons by an AI clan would end up becoming lost.
- The Castle Name Sprites enlarges when zooming out. my fav :thumbsup:
- Fixed bug where tooltip wouldn't be displayed in some modes.
- Fixed potential crash bug when starting battlemode.
- Allow player to propose a marriage for the ruler.
- Allow married rulers to have non-historical children.
- Improve battle AI with basic learning ability.

Return to “General discussions”