Generalisimo

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Rafiki wrote:I think it is rare that football teams get to work under perfect conditions; there's "always" a player you'd want to see on the team who is injured (for Norway's part, John Arne Riise was hospitalized after a sustaining head injury on the field the day before the match, yet his brother played one of the best matches he has played for the national team), or there are some events or conditions surrounding the team that take focus away from the match (e.g. Portugal's coaching problems, the English team's players' somewhat carefree attitude towards fidelity, not to mention the French meltdown in South Africa).

However, in the end, the match "has" to be played, the score will be counted and in this case, the end results will decide who gets to participate in Euro 2012. The NOrwegian team played a good match, and I'm looking forward to the coming matches in the Euro qualifier, both against Portugal and against Denmark (while hoping we don't lose points against Iceland and Cyprus ;) )

I think the level of confidence of the portuguese players has reached rock bottom ... there is no other way to change this than changing the "captain of the ship"... ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Tonight... :winner: The Final of the King's Cup between Real Madrid C.F. and F.C. Barcelona. You can start betting... Predictions are admitted! :D

Regards! :hat:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for that - I assumed it would be at the weekend! I'll go 2-1 to Madrid - but Barca to win in the champions league 5-2 on aggregate.

Cheers, Chris

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 pm

The last saturday they played the league match in Madrid and the result was 1-1. Tonight is the final of the King´s Cup (I think it's the equivalent of the FA Cup), to a single match in Valencia. The next week they both will play the semifinals of the Champions League...

Greetings! ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 pm

And my forecast for the Manchester Utd v Barcelona final is 3-1 to Barcelona :) (after Man Utd have a player sent off when 2-0 down).

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 am

I also think that this may be the Final, although I hope to be wrong because I'm a supporter of Real Madrid... Sorry, but nobody's perfect :D

All kidding aside, I think Manchester United will surely be in the Final and whatever the team playing against, will be a nice Champions League Final. We all will see an awesome show. I have no doubt! :thumbsup:

Regards! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

deguerra
Major

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:07 am

Hobbes wrote:And my forecast for the Manchester Utd v Barcelona final is 3-1 to Barcelona :) (after Man Utd have a player sent off when 2-0 down).

hey, hey! Schalke hasn't lost yet! :P

we're screwed, aren't we?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 am

You're right, deguerra. Please excuse me! We have left out of the Final Schalke ;)

They are the 4 best teams in this edition. Because of this they are in Semifinals. :) Good Luck for all!

:wavey:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:17 am

I was just kidding - Schalke look very good so far!

Cheers, Chris

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 pm

In fact, the powerful Inter (current winner) was knocked out by Schalke. :w00t:

:hat:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 am

Well, at the moment, it seems that Hobbes has predicted correctly half of his forecast :D ... No offense to Schalke supporters (Deguerra ;) ), I think Manchester United has 3/4 of the ticket for the Final in its pocket... We'll see what happens tomorrow. :dada:

Regards! :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:59 am

Well, at the moment, it seems that Hobbes has predicted correctly half of his forecast :D ... No offense to Schalke supporters (Deguerra ;) ), I think Manchester United has 3/4 of the ticket for the Final in its pocket... We'll see what happens tomorrow. :dada:

Regards! :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

deguerra
Major

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:01 am

:neener: I would have to agree wholeheartedly. (Though I'm more a German-team supporter than specifically Schalke. If anything, my team is Dortmund)

I thought Schalke played quite ok, against what was simply a much better team. A deserved win, and yes, I don't see any chance of an upset in the second leg.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:27 am

What does team do you think will win tomorrow, Real Madrid or Barcelona? :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

deguerra
Major

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 am

hmmm, I don't honestly know. My heart is probably with Madrid, but they are both such excellent teams, I think they both can and both deserve to win.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 pm

:p ompom: :p ompom: [color="Indigo"][SIZE="4"]¡¡¡Alé, Real Madrid, Alé, Alé... Alé, Real Madrid, Alé, Alé!!![/size][/color] :p ompom: :p ompom:

[SIZE="4"][color="indigo"]GO REAL, GO!!! [/color][/size] :D

:thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Well... At the moment 1-1 in Wembley. :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I thought this a thread worth bumping :) I feel a bit wierd at the moment. I couldn't stand the suspense anymore so I ended up watching the Victorian Kitchen for the last ten minutes of the game. I missed Torres' goal!

I'll never do that again.
Attachments
T1.jpg

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Chelsea FC wins the Champions League

Sat May 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Congratulations to Hobbes and all Chelsea FC supporters! :winner: :p ompom:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Sun May 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks Ethan! We certainly had a bit of luck this year :blink: But we have also had some unlucky times in the past few years when we were a better team.
Wierd how things work out - very happy that we finally have our name on the trophy. Hopefully we will get stronger in the next few years.

We will miss Drogba though - a great big game player.

Chris

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Sorry for you French guys, but... [color="#FF0000"]OLÉ, [/color][color="#FFFF00"]ESPAÑA[/color][color="#FF0000"]!!![/color] :p ompom: :p ompom: :p arty: :p arty: :winner:

Best Regards!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hobbes

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 am

Great result! To win in Brazil would be pretty special and Spain could possibly pull that off. Spain amazing and can do without players like Torres (what would they be like if he was at his peak)? I'm salivating and jealous. Spain were crap for years though so there is hope for all :)

Cheers,
Chris

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:04 am

I don't think Spain needs any striker at all !! midfield is adequate and can strike by itself. :D
I also wonder the formula. But it seems talent plus youth development but to what extent? And how it can done with this efficiency? :bonk: :neener:

Return to “General discussions”