jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Best time leaving!

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:22 pm

WE hope to please NCP gamer’s community with the upload of [SIZE="2"]Modder Times NCP installation ver. 1.01.[/size]

The way we arrived posting it was a bit unpleasant and distressing: Me and Nikel were in a hurry to leave after different challenges. The final rush to improve and fix last issues following our PBEM was quite chaotic and we had no time to go after last minute planned upgrades. Having a couple of weeks more to spend over it will has not greatly improved things, but we’ll be less tired!

Anyway we did and new ver. 1.01 is now available at Modder Times Thread:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11548

I take my personal chance to leave from AGEod forum and to farewell you all.
JastaV
Ney: The army will not move!
Napoleon: The army will obey me!
Ney: The army will obey to its Generals’ orders!

[SIZE="1"]Fontainebleau, April 1814[/size]

Bruit Bleu

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:28 pm

jastaV wrote:I take my personal chance to leave from AGEod forum and to farewell you all.

Hope we'll see you around soon ! :(
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Jasta: NO!! Please say this is not an irrevocable decision? t

Pocus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks for all the nice mods you put out for Napoleon's Campaigns JastaV. Good luck in your new endeavors!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Adlertag

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes, JastaV gave a new youth to Napoleon's Campaigns. :hat:
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Clovis

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:19 pm

[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

PhilThib

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Nice guy indeed :( :wacko:

I particularly love these people who take half your words and quote them out of context :D

Clovis

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 pm

PhilThib wrote:Nice guy indeed :( :wacko:

I particularly love these people who take half your words and quote them out of context :D

The modder syndrom;;; regularly one modder comes to consider himself as the game producer. It's unavoidable in his love and passion for the game he will come to conflict with the real producer, generally for a chidish cause, just because the real reason is his frustation for not being the real leader of the development. And so love is changed in hate.

yet one more day for rejoicing myself for not wanting my mod to become official :neener:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 pm

deleted

Clovis

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Well, he's in good company over there with the other malcontents that think that everything they utter is absolute gospel. Other than the annoying startup bugs, the game designs stand on their own. Their opinions are minor in the grand scheme of things.

As we say in French: "tout ce qui est excessif est dérisoire"
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:40 pm

PhilThib wrote:Nice guy indeed :( :wacko:

I quoted the original thread, in my post, for those looking for the full context:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12358

AGEod forum pages master the fine art of censorship, banning, shutting up critic voices: you are not in a position to give me lessons! :D

Rafiki

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

jastaV wrote:AGEod forum pages master the fine art of censorship, banning, shutting up critic voices: you are not in a position to give me lessons! :D

Let's at least attempt to have some connection to reality when feeding our own addiction for drama, shall we? Image
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:49 pm

jastaV wrote:I quoted the original thread, in my post, for those looking for the full context:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12358

AGEod forum pages master the fine art of censorship, banning, shutting up critic voices: you are not in a position to give me lessons! :D

I believe it was stated that you took "half the words", which I will agree with you is incorrect. IMHO, you quoted about 15%.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Clovis wrote:The modder syndrom;;; regularly one modder comes to consider himself as the game producer. It's unavoidable in his love and passion for the game he will come to conflict with the real producer, generally for a chidish cause, just because the real reason is his frustation for not being the real leader of the development. And so love is changed in hate.

yet one more day for rejoicing myself for not wanting my mod to become official :neener:

It’s not matter of modding!
Mods are freeware add-ons, edited by volunteers!
Here we are talking of an AGEod sold program: users bought it out of their money.
It’s commonly expected buyers are given that is officially stated in a product presentation: from WWI we just got bugs, instability unfinished scenarios!

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:17 pm

jastaV wrote:I take my personal chance to leave from AGEod forum and to farewell you all.
JastaV

Welcome back! ;)

And I sincerely do hope you stay...seriously and with all honesty. The current disagreement aside, you've been an asset to AGEOD games as can be seen by your stellar reputation.

Clovis

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:46 pm

jastaV wrote:It’s not matter of modding!
Mods are freeware add-ons, edited by volunteers!
Here we are talking of an AGEod sold program: users bought it out of their money.
It’s commonly expected buyers are given that is officially stated in a product presentation: from WWI we just got bugs, instability unfinished scenarios!

1) you have proposed to edit a file about aces

2) it was answered the game design didn't needed to include such a modification as in the boardgame which is viewed as much unplayable than the definitive word about WW1 simulation

3) you could have decided to mod the aces file and upload it as a private mod.

4) you decided you were outraged, announced with tragical sense your departure, lurked here from time to time in the hope to read posts mourning your loss, immediatly flowded the Matrix forum with negative andunaccurate posts about AGEOD treachery and WW1 failure, when the preceding you were proponing to help AGEOD to achieve it

Aside your modding talent, you're just in short what my post is painting. Sorry guy, you're just that this day. I know it's pretty shameful, but fortunatly this sort of childish behaviour is totally unsignificant.

Oh, last point: AGEOD has never banned you. You did that yourself.You should learn to weight a little more your words, little guy.

Regards,

and don't forget: I don't want my mod to be official. :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Franciscus

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Why do have the feeling that sometimes lots of people here forget that we are talking about... games ??

I for myself refuse to add my games to my long list of real life troubles and problems. :bonk:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:11 pm

AGEod forum pages master the fine art of censorship, banning, shutting up critic voices: you are not in a position to give me lessons!

Iwas not referring to the WWI air aces issue, but to some more serious incidents.
I had decency to no make them public.
There's people could confirm that!

Clovis wrote:and don't forget: I don't want my mod to be official. :thumbsup:

Indeed me too! :thumbsup:
I stated that clear with Pocus.

Clovis

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 pm

jastaV wrote:Iwas not referring to the WWI air aces issue, but to some more serious incidents.
I had decency to no make them public.
There's people could confirm that!

Indeed me too! :thumbsup:
I stated that clear with Pocus.

Decency... To be decent, either you make all public, either nothing. What's not decent is to put charges without giving clue or proof.

About modding, I persist to note you wanted first to put changes in the official aces file and not into a modded file, then after Ph Thibaut's reply ( who incidently just stated for him to be a very secondary enhancement) you you decided WW1 was suddenly the worst game you ever owned. That's certainly logical in the X Files world, but somehow less in our reality.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Nial
Colonel

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Franciscus wrote:Why do have the feeling that sometimes lots of people here forget that we are talking about... games ??

I for myself refuse to add my games to my long list of real life troubles and problems. :bonk:

Amen to that!! I use my games to escape drama not wallow in it. :mdr:

Nial
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “General discussions”