pepe4158
Colonel

Rumors

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:40 am

I have heard from someone I PvP here with....that possibly a WWI game would be the next era your staff might take on...If so I think that would be tottaly awesome as I would love to see your rendition of such fiqures in history as, 'the red baron.'
------Ahhh the generals, they are numerous but not good for much.------

The Civil War is not ended: I question whether any serious civil war ever does end.
Author: T. S. Eliot

New honorary title: Colonel TROLL---Dont feed the trolls! (cuz Ill just up my rank by 1 more post!)

Rafiki

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:37 am

Other than Vainglory of Nations, AGEOD do not have any plans to develop a WW1-related game, I'm afraid.

BTW, pepe, the "News from AGEOD"-forum is under moderation since it primarily is for news from AGEOD; better to post in "General discussions", which isn't a forum where new threads need to be approved :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:22 am

I confirm Rafiki statement. We have currently 3 games under development, and none is WW1-only (although WW1 may occur in Vainglory of Nations :king: ).

On the other hand, AGEOD has partnerships with various developpers (see Montjoie or Wicked Defense for instance)...and, ...who knows :sourcil: :niark: :innocent: :siffle:

But my mouth is shut for some time...

dooya

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:27 am

PhilThib wrote:[...]
But my mouth is shut for some time...
Is this being-cruel-thing more of a hobby or rather a prerequisite for being AGEod-staff? :p leure:

:niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

Carnium

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:46 am

PhilThib wrote:and none is WW1-only (although WW1 may occur in Vainglory of Nations :king: ).

MAY ? :8o:
WW1 is a must in VGN :grr:

Nikel

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:50 am

From what I have read in this forum, the three games should be

1 Birth of America 2

2 Vainglory of Nations

3 A secret project, read here too that could be ambiented in WWI, other rumor was Seven Years War.

Nikel

Tue May 06, 2008 8:49 am

Online only this:

"Ageod : plan de campagne pour 2008" :siffle:

http://www.cyberstratege.com/dernier_mag

But if it is not a secret anymore, why not to post it here? :niark:

Spharv2

Thu May 08, 2008 2:48 am

Carnium wrote:MAY ? :8o:
WW1 is a must in VGN :grr:

Why? If you as the leader of Austria-Hungary decide to settle your differences with Russia, much the same way that English governments worked out their differences with France and Russia, why is a WWI necessary? Of course, I'm quite sure there will be a WWI scenario or something along those lines, but when playing the campaign, you might have your WWI in 1890, 1900, or never, you never know what might happen. :)
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carnium

Thu May 08, 2008 8:29 am

Spharv2 wrote:Why? If you as the leader of Austria-Hungary decide to settle your differences with Russia, much the same way that English governments worked out their differences with France and Russia, why is a WWI necessary? Of course, I'm quite sure there will be a WWI scenario or something along those lines, but when playing the campaign, you might have your WWI in 1890, 1900, or never, you never know what might happen. :)

I meant that WW 1 should be just one of the scenarios :innocent:

Also there were almost no chances that A-H would settle with Russia as Russia was (and still is) the main supporter and ally of Serbia and as we know A-H tried HARD to expand further into Balkans....
But if we get a good diplomacy model everything is possible - heck it would be cool to have an option to set "area of interest" and "discuss" it with other nations.

Spharv2

Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 am

I don't think the Czars were all that concerned with Serbia, more that their leadership was basically under attack from their own populace for about the 30 years before WWI, and would have taken a huge hit if they'd failed to play the "big brother" role for the Balkan Slavs. If they could get big enough concessions from AH, then their people would probably have been quite willing to overlook the issue. Figure out a way to get naval access to the Med and nearly any concessions would have been forgiven. Of course, that desire had already gotten them in a fight with England and France once.

No matter, it'll be fun to see exactly what can be done with the new game when it's ready. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carnium

Fri May 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Spharv2 wrote:I don't think the Czars were all that concerned with Serbia, more that their leadership was basically under attack from their own populace for about the 30 years before WWI, and would have taken a huge hit if they'd failed to play the "big brother" role for the Balkan Slavs. If they could get big enough concessions from AH, then their people would probably have been quite willing to overlook the issue. Figure out a way to get naval access to the Med and nearly any concessions would have been forgiven. Of course, that desire had already gotten them in a fight with England and France once.

No matter, it'll be fun to see exactly what can be done with the new game when it's ready. :)

We are hijacking this thread a bit :siffle:
A-H would NEVER give Russia/Serbia such concessions as A-H would sooner or later clash with Russia as it had nowhere else to expand except into Balkans.
Also A-H occupied Bosnia which had a huge Serbian population before WW1 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BosniaHerzegovina.gif ( Serbs in blue ) which has upset Serbia ....
The truth is that Russia was seen as a big Slavic brother only in Serbia and Montenegro (same religion) and never to the other South Slavs (different religion, mentality and culture).

Hopefully there would be a way to play minor nations in VG as playing with Serbia would be quite some fun :niark:

Spharv2

Sat May 10, 2008 2:29 am

Carnium wrote:Hopefully there would be a way to play minor nations in VG as playing with Serbia would be quite some fun :niark:

In addition to being, in all probability, quite a short game. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Sat May 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Frederick the great and the Mexican wars are next.

Clovis

Sat May 10, 2008 11:29 pm

a WW1 game made by Luther or Zwingly? :innocent:
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Nikel

Wed May 21, 2008 5:19 pm

In this german forum there are some details about the "not so secret now" projects :niark:

"Im zweiten Quartal 2008 kommt: Birth of America 2: Wars in America (Screenshot im Teaser)

Auf der BoA 2 Engine basierend kommt um Weihnachten 2008 herum: Frederic the Great: Rise of Prussia (Screenshot im Teaser). Umfasst wohl den österreichischen Erbfolgekrieg und den Siebenjährigen Krieg.

Ein weiteres Projekt, dass aber noch nicht datiert ist, wird sich mit den Mexican Wars zwischen 1830 bis 1920 beschäftigen (Fort Alamo bis Pancho Villa) (Screenshot im Teaser)

Anfang 2009 soll dann dann Vainglory of Nations kommen"

http://si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?p=429683

But where are the screenshot he talks about?

dooya

Wed May 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Nikel wrote:In this german forum there are some details about the "not so secret now" projects :niark:

"Im zweiten Quartal 2008 kommt: Birth of America 2: Wars in America (Screenshot im Teaser)

Auf der BoA 2 Engine basierend kommt um Weihnachten 2008 herum: Frederic the Great: Rise of Prussia (Screenshot im Teaser). Umfasst wohl den österreichischen Erbfolgekrieg und den Siebenjährigen Krieg.

Ein weiteres Projekt, dass aber noch nicht datiert ist, wird sich mit den Mexican Wars zwischen 1830 bis 1920 beschäftigen (Fort Alamo bis Pancho Villa) (Screenshot im Teaser)

Anfang 2009 soll dann dann Vainglory of Nations kommen"

http://si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?p=429683

But where are the screenshot he talks about?
You can find this information in the teaser of cyberstratege: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=81094&postcount=5

There you also find the screen shots.

By the way, "this German forum" is the official German AGEod forum. :cool:
No quote - No bullshit!

Nikel

Wed May 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Oh, thanks for the link!

About "this german forum", no offense was intended, it was a description, it is a german forum after all :fleb: ;)

dooya

Wed May 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Nikel wrote:Oh, thanks for the link!

About "this german forum", no offense was intended, it was a description, it is a german forum after all :fleb: ;)
No offense taken. :) I just wanted to do some advertising. Sorry if I sounded harsh. :innocent:
No quote - No bullshit!

Nikel

Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 pm

dooya, it is not your fault but mine.

As there are french and spanish fora here (besides english), I did not know that there was a german one out there! :innocent:

And about the new games, I thought that I had discovered America :niark: In fact I had seen the link you posted before, but as it was an exe, not a pdf I did not try it! Well, perhaps this happened to more people here and this info is new to them too...

By the way are there more screenshots available of better quality and detail? ;)

Adlertag

Wed May 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Carnium wrote:Hopefully there would be a way to play minor nations in VG as playing with Serbia would be quite some fun :niark:

"Minor" nations won't be playable in VGN, I think.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Rafiki

Wed May 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Adlertag wrote:"Minor" nations won't be playable in VGN, I think.

IIRC you will be able to mod them to be playable though :)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Adlertag

Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm

Indeed yes, with modding so many things are possible excepted one : modding needs the game to be finished first.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Rafiki

Wed May 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Details, schmetails ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 pm

No! Made by John Calvin!!! LOL

GoldSpear
Private

Thu May 22, 2008 12:42 am

So it's possible that even the Boers War(s) may or may not be unfolding events in VGN? I'm finding it very interesting reading in Churchill's Last Lion bio.
Gentlemen, religion is still of importance in peaceful matters to some folks.
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . . (Last words of Gen. "Stonewall" Jackson)

Return to “General discussions”