Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

War in the East Announced Matrix Games!

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 am

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty
-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
-Napoleon III-

PhilThib

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:13 am

Kind of War in the Pacific on the Eastern Front ;)

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:20 am

PhilThib wrote:Kind of War in the Pacific on the Eastern Front ;)

Yeah its gonna be a monster I like big games though the longer the better
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty

-Napoleon III-

PascalB
Lieutenant

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:24 am

If it's based on the gigantic boardgame "Fire in the east" it'll be awesome!

I'm really waiting for this stuff... :thumbsup:

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:28 am

This one looks really good !! :D
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vegetius
General

+1

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Fine ! But i hope it won't be the same kind of monster game than War in the Pacific ;) !
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Vegetius wrote:Fine ! But i hope it won't be the same kind of monster game than War in the Pacific ;) !

It seems to be worse, my friend !! ;)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Hehe, I played quite some epic games of the DOS version of War in the East and I'm sure I won't be disappointed here.

Now I would not be surprised to see between 2012 and 2014 a "Gary Grigsby's World War II" arriving... ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Pocus wrote:Hehe, I played quite some epic games of the DOS version of War in the East and I'm sure I won't be disappointed here.

Now I would not be surprised to see between 2012 and 2014 a "Gary Grigsby's World War II" arriving... ;)

Oh by the way, dear Philippe, what about an Ageod's World War II between 2010 and 2011 ... :siffle: ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adlertag

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:10 pm

DarthMath wrote:Oh by the way, dear Philippe, what about an Ageod's World War II between 2010 and 2011 ... :siffle: ;)

Maybe, let's play a bit VGN before any other announcement. :)
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

DarthMath
Colonel

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Adlertag wrote:Maybe, let's play a bit VGN before any other announcement. :)

Not my favourite period, but ok, I'll be waiting a little and I'll play this one first !! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prussian Prince
Captain

Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:52 pm

I played WIR forever it seems back in the day. This will be the monster of East Front Games. Division and sometimes Brigade level! Awesome :thumbsup: Right now I am playing War in the Pacific Admirals Edition. Can't wait for Vain Glory and....looks around....HOI3
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Grigsby Games!!

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Don't want; wouldn't have a GG game!! They suck big-time imho. t

TheDoctorKing

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am

I don't know if I'm going to order HOI3. But if Ageod works fast, maybe you can get your WWII game in before Matrix gets around to selling MWiF. Since they've taken longer to work on the game than the actual war took, who knows how much longer it will take...
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 am

Prussian Prince wrote:I played WIR forever it seems back in the day. This will be the monster of East Front Games. Division and sometimes Brigade level! Awesome :thumbsup: Right now I am playing War in the Pacific Admirals Edition. Can't wait for Vain Glory and....looks around....HOI3

What do you think of WITP AE?

-Napoleon III-

vonRocko
Colonel

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Comtedemeighan wrote:What do you think of WITP AE?

No normal person can play WITP AE. If someone has any life at all,then they wouldn't have time for this game. WITP is for people who never leave their homes,or have multi year prison terms. :wacko:

runyan99

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:10 pm

That seems to be the usual assessment of WITP. I'm hoping this east front game is a little more streamlined. I want to like it, but we'll see.

caranorn

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:40 pm

CWiF was playable as an open beta years ago. MWiF when I was a beta was quite advanced too. Not sure what's keeping the game delayed these days, but you should consider the complexity of the original WiF game design and how MWiF will be using a single scale world map which will require quite a bit ob testing. Not to speak of an ai for such a monster (the original idea back in Chris Marrinacci's days was for an ai-less CWiF (originally Computer World in Flames, now Chris' World in Flames to avoid confusion with Matrix' World in Flames))...

I for one have no doubt that I will buy MWiF, and if Ageod produces a WWII game (at which point I'd probably offer to join the team to work on the model and unit files as well as some OOB stuff) I'd buy that too. I wouldn't look at these as rival products...
Marc aka Caran...

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Dno?

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:26 am

Anyone remember/play Drang Nach Osen?[I][/I] I had our spare bedroom to set up the map etc. I almost gave up gaming in total frustration. My cat destroyed my careful setup. :mdr: :confused: :p apy:

Prussian Prince
Captain

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Comtedemeighan wrote:What do you think of WITP AE?

Like the original...Monster Game. Love the detail. It plays faster. They did away with the ability to let the AI run certain theaters so you now actually have to run the Chinese theater. Otherwise not much diffence to me. Oh, the map has been graphically enhanced. Fun stuff. :thumbsup:

Prussian Prince
Captain

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:01 pm

vonRocko wrote:No normal person can play WITP AE. If someone has any life at all,then they wouldn't have time for this game. WITP is for people who never leave their homes,or have multi year prison terms. :wacko:

Or work night shift with nothing really to do :bonk:

Adlertag

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 am

Prussian Prince wrote:Like the original...Monster Game. Love the detail. It plays faster. They did away with the ability to let the AI run certain theaters so you now actually have to run the Chinese theater. Otherwise not much diffence to me. Oh, the map has been graphically enhanced. Fun stuff. :thumbsup:

Great game I'm trying now, but unfortunately I know I will never finish a single campaign :bonk: .
The improved repair system is a very interesting addition and I'm just a bit lost on how to manage all those loading/unloading features, especially with the plethora of new transport vessels. Seems the port size is now of major importance.

Sol Invictus

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 pm

I really don't like monster games and the endless counter pushing involved. I also don't care much for any wargame that goes beyond 1870. Give me brightly clothed men marching in lines any time. But I feel compelled to get this game and I think I will actually enjoy it. There is just something haunting about the war in the east during WWII that draws me like a moth to a flame.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Prussian Prince
Captain

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Adlertag wrote:Great game I'm trying now, but unfortunately I know I will never finish a single campaign :bonk: .
The improved repair system is a very interesting addition and I'm just a bit lost on how to manage all those loading/unloading features, especially with the plethora of new transport vessels. Seems the port size is now of major importance.

Don't forget to change your troops to Strategic otherwise they won't load on a normal transport TF mission. Keep them in combat to do an Amphibious Transport move/attack. Also dock your ships in port for faster loading/unloading. The ports tonnage capacity has to to with the amount allowed.

Adlertag

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 am

Prussian Prince wrote:Don't forget to change your troops to Strategic otherwise they won't load on a normal transport TF mission. Keep them in combat to do an Amphibious Transport move/attack. Also dock your ships in port for faster loading/unloading. The ports tonnage capacity has to to with the amount allowed.

Thanks for the advices, especially the 'strategic move' setting, and now the pack/unpack delay is another parameter to handle. Moving units belonging to a restricted HQ is also a challenge, troops in India won't profit from transport by ships in this case until unrestricted.

Returning to "War in the East", it's another game I'm looking for even if I will another time follow the syndrom "buy more games that you can afford to play"... :wacko:

Prussian Prince
Captain

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Adlertag wrote:Thanks for the advices, especially the 'strategic move' setting, and now the pack/unpack delay is another parameter to handle. Moving units belonging to a restricted HQ is also a challenge, troops in India won't profit from transport by ships in this case until unrestricted.

Returning to "War in the East", it's another game I'm looking for even if I will another time follow the syndrom "buy more games that you can afford to play"... :wacko:

Yea. Thankfully school is about to start so my girls will be gone on Mondays and Tuesdays when I'm off so that I can play more.

Rafiki

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am

tagwyn wrote:Anyone remember/play Drang Nach Osen?[I][/I] I had our spare bedroom to set up the map etc. I almost gave up gaming in total frustration. My cat destroyed my careful setup. :mdr: :confused: :p apy:

In our case, it was my friend's mother who decided that guests should get to use the guestroom. Stupid guests! :D
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “General discussions”