vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

New patch makes the game even better

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:57 pm

I am loving how the new patch, which came out today, has really improved the game. It feels more balanced, as if the changes made in the Triumph patch were adjusted to work much better. The problems with the Triumph patch that were raised on the forums were fixed, at least the ones i noticed.

The game started out great, and it keeps getting better.

Pocus, your hard work, responsiveness, and ability to find solutions is very much appreciated. Thank you.

choppinlt
Conscript

Re: New patch makes the game even better

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 am

I would agree on all counts, it's fantastic to see a great game continue to evolve and get even better! :cool: And maintaining an 80% on Steam is quite a feat! :dada:

With that in mind, is there any way you could share what is on the horizon in terms of additional content like the Triumph patch? I know you can't get very specific, but broadly speaking what are you looking at? For instance will diplomacy be a major focus soon, or are there other significant mechanic changes or additions on the agenda?

Pocus

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:17 pm

The next big patch will be on improving Diplomacy indeed, most notable the peace treaty!

wrlertola
Corporal

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 pm

I loved getting the quote, "It was horrible what happened to your last client state." after Dalmatia got picked apart by independent hordes in my last game LOL.
Current game as Rome got the decision to absorb Samnium & Etruscans after they both allied with me but it lasted 36 turns and couldn't get Samnium as a client for about another 100 turns after that expired but they finally accepted and a bit later joined Rome completely. Etruscans were a bit more demanding :) Allies of Rome at 100 relations and cooperating with Carthage at around 40 relations they wouldn't declare war on Carthage when Rome did and it took me stripping Carthage down to its last region (the island east of Spain) to get the client state percentage above zero to 49 and thankfully it worked. They almost immediately gave me Clanis and have only their original capital region left (Celticii took Arnus very early on and I grabbed it from them.).
1.05 is a great update and looking forward to the diplomatic improvements.
Thanks for this wonderful game Pocus, one thing however... my other games are quite annoyed with you monopolizing my gaming time :hat:

Pocus

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:01 am

Haha, yes, each game is in fact a sentient entity vying for control of your gaming time!

I'm happy you like some of the contextual quotes. There are many and it is difficult to not have some fall short from time to time. Now it is a nice comfort to see some be just to the point also.

You can also thanks Chris (Hobbes) and Roger (Loki) for their efforts in writing them. I put the system in place, they did the text. Some are quite amusing.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Great game indeed.

What really lacks though is the possibilty for ingame messages in MP.

Pocus

Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:07 pm

it was not judged as a priority feature of the new PBEM server (the first one where you can have 16 concurrent players) because of the slow pace of sending one message through this method, waiting one turn for the target to read it, and another to get it.

Players are encouraged to maintain a thread in a forum, or to have some room on servers like discord, or to exchange by mail for private conversion (or by PM in your mutual forum)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”