vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Any tips on playing Judea?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:59 pm

I have just started a game with this very interesting faction. They start with a single poor province, a tiny army, and everything around them is owned by stronger nations. Nabatea is an obvious target, but it is defended by an army stronger than mine. And building up my army will take a long time.

I would appreciate any tips on how to play as Judea.

Durk

Re: Any tips on playing Judea?

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:32 am

Don't panic. Find someplace to expand. Keep up the faith, this is actually important as your fanaticism is a bonus. It is a tough faction, many are, but the tough ones are fun if you are not wedded to winning.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Durk wrote:Don't panic. Find someplace to expand. Keep up the faith, this is actually important as your fanaticism is a bonus. It is a tough faction, many are, but the tough ones are fun if you are not wedded to winning.

Thank you for the ideas. They make sense. Just hide in the shadows until an opportunity opens up.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Yeah, I love that if you aren't a victory lover, you still have a chance to win by playing underdog nation, just by playing against all odds, without looking for the win!
So, at first appearing boring, playing infighting gauls is fun, often I reach top 3 for several turns, enfuriating Rome, without even having looking for the top (I play on balanced difficulty).
I really don't know how I do this, I just play thoughly.

Pocus

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 am

Judea main goal is to recapture Jerusalem, so that you can start building up the holy temple (it has no less than 8 levels of improvements and the higher the get, the more impressive the bonuses are)

to do so you must bid your time so that either one of these 2 things happen:

a) Jerusalem owner is in deep troubles from wars or decadence
b) Jerusalem somehow becomes independent or rebels from its original owner

You'll get for that no less than (up to) 25 mini events to boost your nation and some opens different choices. When you get the message saying the high priest thinks it is time to move, then it means you get no further bonuses. With your bonus try to build up and expand even if in poor territories.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Pocus wrote:Judea main goal is to recapture Jerusalem, so that you can start building up the holy temple (it has no less than 8 levels of improvements and the higher the get, the more impressive the bonuses are)

to do so you must bid your time so that either one of these 2 things happen:

a) Jerusalem owner is in deep troubles from wars or decadence
b) Jerusalem somehow becomes independent or rebels from its original owner

You'll get for that no less than (up to) 25 mini events to boost your nation and some opens different choices. When you get the message saying the high priest thinks it is time to move, then it means you get no further bonuses. With your bonus try to build up and expand even if in poor territories.

Thank you so much Pocus, for explaining this. It is a truly different and fascinating way to play the game, and I will happily do so.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”