User avatar
Tamas
Posts: 1481
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:51 am

Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:27 pm

The second official update for Empires is finally here, with remarkable changes and improvements.
It’s been two intense weeks after the release, with many positive feedback from the community along with some constructive criticism.
Developers haven’t rest on their laurels and after fixing the most important bugs after release, they have worked hard in keep improving the whole gameplay experience.

Version 1.0.3 brings many changes and additions, among the most important ones are:

Abandoning a region

You can now under some circumstances abandon a region to its fate. Know though that bandits will rapidly take over and who knows what nation can emerge from these unclaimed lands.

Image

New buildings and unrest fighting

Three new buildings to fight off unrest in your large cities! But it might come at a cost... We also have strengthened (slightly) the effects of some existing buildings.

Image

Image

Image

Alternate Power Display

Some were confused with the 'combat power' of their armies. And others were fine with how it was displayed. So, how about 3 options?

- As before (Combat Power)

- Unit count

- Categorized count (Heavy/Medium/Light)

Image

Additionally:

* Rebellion will now not take over the city walls, only the countryside. Have fate in your garrisons to fend them off. Although we recommend sending a professional army!

* Units rebalancing

* Smarter AI, with more sensible declaration of war, less loitering (and pilfering) in your land from allies

... and more than 30 extra entries about rebalancing, tweaking and fixing bugs!



Check the full changelog here!

User avatar
caranorn
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Great improvements just as was to be expected by Ageod. So thanks.

How exactly do you relinquish a region? I haven't seen a button or any way to do so yet. I looked both for a region I'd conquered under 1.02 a couple of turns before switching to 1.03 and one I took since. Neither would be regions I'd actually want to release at this point (the earlier one my first foothold in Cisalpina as Rome, though had this situation arisend 20 turns earlier while I was still strugling in the two Italias I might have. The second one was Umbria as I got tired of Samnite agressivity and for once had the necessary breathing space to lock a consular army in a several turn siege, that ne I obviously wouldn't let g at this time.

Or should I start a new game? Once I get established in Cisalpina being able to launch a punitive mission against some pestering barbarians and just releasing them a turn or two later would come in handy.

Oh and being able to disband legion camps and limes sounds good. Is there actually any reason to keep the camps once you've built palisades?

Spaceface
Conscript
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:15 am

caranorn wrote:Great improvements just as was to be expected by Ageod. So thanks.

How exactly do you relinquish a region? I haven't seen a button or any way to do so yet.


You do it by selecting an army that is in the region you just conquered and there is a button on right side of the interface (the same interface you use to merge/disband/pillage etc.)

User avatar
loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: Caithness
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:16 pm

caranorn wrote:...

Oh and being able to disband legion camps and limes sounds good. Is there actually any reason to keep the camps once you've built palisades?


the camp gives a small supply bonus so may be useful in a poor region, the Limes have the advantage (or massive problem) of increasing frontage in an assault battle.

I personally wouldn't now keep eiher in a region well behind my frontiers and where I have at least walls

User avatar
caranorn
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Spaceface wrote:
caranorn wrote:Great improvements just as was to be expected by Ageod. So thanks.

How exactly do you relinquish a region? I haven't seen a button or any way to do so yet.


You do it by selecting an army that is in the region you just conquered and there is a button on right side of the interface (the same interface you use to merge/disband/pillage etc.)


Thanks, hadn't thought to look there. Might come in handy soon as my current war and the one I expect to lead after that might temporarily lead me beyond into the Balkans or Germania (the Boii and the Raetians). That is if the Boii don't catch my consular armies before they can unite (they have a ~100 power army to my two 80ish power armies and they have a 1-2 leader with a good trait to boot while i have one 2-0 besieger and a regular 1-1) than I'd expected when they DOWEd me...

User avatar
caranorn
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:27 pm

loki100 wrote:
caranorn wrote:...

Oh and being able to disband legion camps and limes sounds good. Is there actually any reason to keep the camps once you've built palisades?


the camp gives a small supply bonus so may be useful in a poor region, the Limes have the advantage (or massive problem) of increasing frontage in an assault battle.

I personally wouldn't now keep eiher in a region well behind my frontiers and where I have at least walls


Thanks, I will indeed disband them relatively quickly once I've secured my borders. Haven't built any limes yet as I haven't decided on longer term borders yet and I'm not sure the added frontage will do me much good...

daztek
Conscript
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 2:11 am
Location: Canberra

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 pm

Prior version save games?

User avatar
loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: Caithness
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Field of Glory: Empires has been updated to version 1.0.3

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 am

fine

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest