vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

a request for accessibility

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:01 am

This game seems utterly fascinating, almost like a Europa Universalis set in the Ancient world, with tactical battles as an option.

However, I do make a request on behalf of those of us who face visual challenges.

All previous Ageod games allowed Windows magnifier to operate without a problem. Some
Slitherine games also have this feature, such as Sengoku Jidai, but many do not.
I request that the game be compatible with the use of Windows Magnifier, as all previous Ageod games are.

All recent manuals to Ageod games use a PDF format that allow the user to change the print and background colors to those that they find easier to read. Unfortunately, Nearly all Slitherine manuals do not allow this to be done.
I request that The manual be done in the format of the other Ageod manuals, which allow the use of this feature.

I request that all tooltips and popups be done with black backgrounds, and white or orange letters, as this makes them very easy to read.

Finally, I request that there be an enhanced zoom feature, which would enable one to zoom in more closely than most Ageod games. Birth of Rome and the other games in the Ageod Ancient series had a feature similar to this.

I also request that the size of letters be larger rather than smaller, with increased font sizes.

I understand that there are many considerations and issues in doing this, but I would be most grateful if these features could be implemented.

Thank you for considering these requests.

Regards,

Vaalen

Tamas

Re: a request for accessibility

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:46 am

Hi,

I have just tested it with our current version and Magnifier seems to work with it, without any issues I could spot.

Our tooltips are on a dark background, almost always white text, although colour-coding is necessary in a few instances of individual words/numbers.

On the PDF manual, could you give me an example of a Ageod manual that allows you this option, and ideally a Slitherine one that doesn't, so I can look into it and see what we can do? Thanks!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Tamas,

Ageod manuals that allow this option are Wars of Napoleon, and Wars of Succession.

Slitherine manuals that do not include this option include Field of Glory 2, and Strategic Command, World War 2, War in Europe.

I am overjoyed to hear that Windows magnifier works in this game, and about the color of the tooltips.

I want to thank you for your kind response, and interest in this issue.I am grateful to you.

I am so excited about this game, I feel like a kid just before Christmas. It is a nice feeling.

Regards,

Vaalen

sionnach
Private

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 am

I just wanted to drop a note saying how impressed I am by Tamas' response here. I am an advocate of accessibility in general and Tamas' response here to vaalen's request is very refreshing to read. Keep up the great work!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”