Gribeauval
Sergeant

Small bugs (?) in v101 of the game (great northern war)

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am

I have found these small issues in the v101 of the game, playing the Great Northern War against Sweden.

1) In 1701/1702, I have occupied the area of Saint-Petersburg with a russian army, the option "foundation of St-Petersburg" was unlocked. But a small swedish force occupied again this area and I got two options "foundation of St-Petersburg" , one was unlocked and the other was locked.

2) After Denmark left the anti-swedish alliance, you can still build danish garnison units almost everywhere (in Russia, in Poland, ..).

3) After the "Peter rules" option is applied, there are some erroneous elements in the garrison units (example : in Arkhangelsk).. These garrison units don't have any pictures and you see in the unit info panel the word "erroneous" appears.

4) After the "Peter rules" option is applied (?), the russian player gets a new line of replacements : they are called "common" and they have a green colour. It could be good to know where they are used (maybe in the new garrison units ?)

5) The manual furnished with he game doesn't seem the last version.
There is a button "manual" that you get when you launch the game : il conducts the player to a web page where you can download a more recent version of the manual.

Best regards.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Re: Small bugs (?) in v101 of the game (great northern war)

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 am

(I wanted to attach a saved game, but my "save" folder is empty (these files must be hidden and I don't know how to get them).

Nikel

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Try in this folder.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Your name\Documents\My Games

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks Nikel, but I don't have any Wars of Succession folder there.
The installation of Wars of Succession on my computer is different from the installation of the last other matrix products (English civil war or TOAW4 for instance) that have their save folder where you show me.
Regards.

Nikel

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Here? Appdata is hidden.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Wars Of Succession\saves

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:21 pm

No, sorry, Nikel. I have a save folder in program files/WSS, but it seems empty (the file must be hidden).

As to the bug with the erraneous element in the garrison unit of Arkhangelsk, it is due to an upgrade of one of the two elements of the garrison infantry unit. The garrison element has been changed in an elite garrison unit with a classic OTAN infantry symbol. This elite garrison element is not defined in the game, (thus the term "erraneous"). it doesn't even have any combat power.

Regards.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Could the designers of the game have a look about the bugs of my list, mainly the bug with the russian garnison units ?
These units seem upgraded in an erraneous element This error creates garrison units that have a zero strength (since this type of unit is undefined in the game), making these russian cities good targets for an invader.
Apparently, a lot of work is done by Ageod in the new game, but could you as soon as possible have a look again at Wars of Succession ?
This bug is a little worrying (I'm sorry , I can't find where my saved games are, so i can't post any saved game here).

Regards.

Return to “WSS Technical support / Aide technique”