pantsukki
Brigadier General

CTD with new patch

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:31 pm

I installed the new beta patch and continued my old save game. First I actually reversed one turn, because I had previously fired the bugged Altranstädt event. At the end of my first turn processing, I got a CTD. I'm attaching the save and the main log.
Attachments
Processing CTD.rar
(392.46 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Re: CTD with new patch

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:44 pm

This is weird: despite the CTD I was able to load the save, and it has actually progressed one turn. However, I have received the resources from the Treaty of Altranstädt, but there's no mention of the event in the log. Also my stack that was in Dresden was only moved to the neigbouring province of Radeberg; shouldn't Saxony become neutral and inaccessible?

Before the patch provinces in Courland and Poland changed ownership to Sweden, this didn't happen now. Is it WAD?

zerem
Civilian

Re: CTD with new patch

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:54 pm

Anyone here?

I'm currently playing my first GNW campaign in Sweden and I also get a CTD when firing the Treaty of Altranstädt. Patch 1.01 was installed before starting the campaign.

When resuming the game after the crash, like pantsukki, I was on the next turn and had got all the resources and morale from the event, but no mention of it in the log. Also, it was still listed in the M Reform tab.

So, I rolled back a turn and have now played long with simply occupying Saxony, because every time I try to fire it the game crashes. (Sometimes I have two Treaty of Altranstädt events listed in the M Reform tab, one unlocked and one locked, for some reason.)

What's curious is that the event didn't become available after I had installed Stanislaw, kept 100 elements in the Polish theater and occupied Dresden - I had to occupy all Saxon cities first, then it unlocked. There's also a condition that you need to control a majority of the objective cities in the Polish theater, of which there's only one for Sweden, Warsaw, but there's also Lemberg which is an objective for the ASW coalition. I then went for taking Lemberg in order to control both the SWE and ASW objectives, but still CTD.

Maybe you need to take Lemberg before Dresden and then it triggers properly? I didn't fancy restarting just to test that, so I'm stuck occupying Saxony indefinitely and taking the PLC city by city...

Also, it seems to be impossible to get 150 NM and win the game. Every time I get over 120 NM the game triggers the "game balancing" feature of reducing the Swedish morale. It doesn't matter what I do, take Moscow, Kiev or win a crushing victory on the battlefield, the NM is back where I started two turns later. Currently, after doing exactly those three things, I got the "game balancing" event three turns in row...

Maybe the only way to reach 150 NM is to start at 119 NM, then take Moscow, Kiev or some other objectives while also defeating one or two big enemy armies and fire the Treaty of Altranstädt plus the breaking of Patkull - all that in quick succession within 2-3 turns - so that you outpace the balancing events that would then happen every turn...

However, that seems to be a very stupid way to beat the game... especially since the game crashes when trying to do just that... :neener:

Return to “WSS Technical support / Aide technique”