PhilThib

Second Post Release Patch

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Latest Post Release Beta patch (N°01b, 30th March, dated 31/03/2018) can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vpobFj ... sp=sharing

It’s all inclusive of all previous patches (unless errors fixed by same, such as replacement bug) and can apply on either a previously patched version or a vanilla game. It’s NOT save compatible (although in theory no blocking changes made, behavior of previous saves may be broken and/or altered by changes and lead to weird results or CTDs).

LIST OF CHANGES

-------------- version 1.01b -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major
* Replacement bug: should now revert to vanilla situation, and units maintenance cost have been reduced to ease the replacement situation
* Combat damages (in both hits and cohesion loss inflicted) has been increased, to reduce the number of ‘skirmish-like’ endless battles.

Other / Events / Options
* Arkhangelsk has now received a Russian shipyard and can be reached via Norwegian Sea
* Number of Supply Wagons in Pool has been largely increased
* All British admirals can lead Dutch ships and vice versa.
* Swedish and Finnish region names changed in map (thanks to our volunteers)

* New option to “Sell War Supplies” has been added, converting 100 WSU to 1000 money
* Option to buy WSU has been beefed up a bit, you now get 50 WSU instead of 20 for the same cost.
* Altranstädt treaty beefed up, Sweden now receive large benefits in money, NM and conscripts

---------------- other changes as per previous patch ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please report anything weird.

This can serve as a base for the first official patch when thoroughly played.

:dada: :feu:

marek1978
Colonel

Re: Second Post Release Patch

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:08 pm

Is the daniesh re-entry to the war fixed?
Is GNW works well now? I mean with the depot concern and sanitation even bug?
Do saxon troops can still cross germany to reach Holstein?

PhilThib

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:27 am

What was bugged was in theory fixed by the team. Sanitation event was not bugged

GenGrant21
Private

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Swedish Lifegaurd uniforms are not fixed yet. If you all remember, Phil Thib came up with a great fix for them in the posts about the Swedish Grenadiers. It would be cool to see this more correct uniform implemented. Other than that, I like some of the ideas implemented in the new patch, such as the selling of war supplies. This should help me in my future campaigns.

Francescopgg
Corporal

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:18 pm

I'm sorry, but the depleted force bug is still here. It's less serious, but still breaks the game.

I post the save and script in another post

HHFD50
Captain

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:09 am

Francescopgg wrote:I'm sorry, but the depleted force bug is still here. It's less serious, but still breaks the game.

Confirmed!

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Nice to see that the Treaty of Altranstädt was changed, but as the Breaking of Patkul event was left untouched, it's now a really overpowered combination. Hopefully you'll tone down the effects of Patkul!

HHFD50
Captain

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Honestly, I have given up. I will wait until the problems are resolved. I started a new AI only game in vanilla since its currently impossible to play MP. Ironically, this is one instance where vanilla plays better than patch "improvements'. :confused:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:45 am

My experience is that the patches have really improved the game, at least tee Great Northern War, in the game I am playing. The fixes listed seem to have taken place. The armies involved are now quite different from each other, the one battle I have fought so far had more losses, though it was still indecisive. Still, it is important to remember that most of the battles in this war were not decisive or particularly bloody, with the exception of a few like Narva, Poltava, and Fraustadt. I feel the game has become much more immersive.

I cannot speak as to the War fo the Spanish Succession, as i have not played it yet, As far as I can tell from what I have read, the depletion bug has not occurred in the Great Northern War scenario.

I wonder if anyone has started a fresh game of the War of the Spanish succession and still seen the bug. I have noticed, in the past, that sometimes a patch will not fix problems that have already occurred in a current game, but will work with a new game. Just a thought.

My sympathy to those who are still experiencing it in the War of the Spanish Succession scenario. as it sounds very frustrating Yet my long experience with AGEOD causes me to be believe it will be fixed, hopefully soon.

I appreciate the hard work and responsiveness of the team and PHilThib.

PhilThib

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:49 am

Francescopgg wrote:I'm sorry, but the depleted force bug is still here. It's less serious, but still breaks the game.

As mentioned below by Vaalen, does the bug affects a NEW game, or is it still present in a save game. I fear that the patch won't work on a previously saved game, sorry :blink:

PhilThib

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:52 am

pantsukki wrote:Nice to see that the Treaty of Altranstädt was changed, but as the Breaking of Patkul event was left untouched, it's now a really overpowered combination. Hopefully you'll tone down the effects of Patkul!

Thanks, what is your suggested toning done for Patkul then :indien:

Francescopgg
Corporal

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:39 am

First I try with a saved game, then I started a new game, the bug is still in both the old and the new one. The saves and scripts attached in the dedicated post are from the new game.

I want to dispel any doubt: I don't blame the team nor I'm complaining about the game; I'm writing here only to get the bug fixed and I'm sure it will be sooner or later.

I really enjoy the changes made in the patch and I appreciate the work done so far

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:53 pm

PhilThib wrote:
pantsukki wrote:Nice to see that the Treaty of Altranstädt was changed, but as the Breaking of Patkul event was left untouched, it's now a really overpowered combination. Hopefully you'll tone down the effects of Patkul!

Thanks, what is your suggested toning done for Patkul then :indien:

Well, considering that we are talking about the execution of one person, who most likely wasn't even that well known in Sweden. It would be another matter if he had murdered the Swedish king or something like that. Patkul was a Livonian nobleman who conspired with foreign powers. I've understood NM as the manifestation of the nation's and the population's will to fight, and as such I'd say that the event should give at most a few points of NM, possibly some other small gains too. IIRC currently it also awards quite a lot of conscripts, what's the reasoning for that? Personally I think that the event should be a flavor type of event, with close to no gameplay effects.

Speaking of events, currently the death of Karl XII -event feels quite OP too. Firstly, why only Sweden (in GNW) has the chance to lose their monarch? Russia's Peter for example was really close to being captured by the Ottomans. I think that every monarch who is used as a general should suffer a small chance of getting captured/killed in action, or alternatively the event dealing with Karl's death should be removed (one should also take into account that he died near the end of 1718). Besides, the current conditions (less NM and VP than the coalition and Karl in foreign lands) mean that Sweden might lose the game's best(?) general and also suffer a massive NM loss very early in the game, as the coalition starts with an advantage in both NM and VP. I dare say that getting hit by the event early on would basically ruin the game.

phoenix
Captain

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:04 am

+1 on the loss of Karl XII event. I also think it would be great if every leader stood a small chance of being killed.

PhilThib

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:53 pm

phoenix wrote: I also think it would be great if every leader stood a small chance of being killed.

It's already in game: 1% per battle for 3***, 5% for 2** and 10% for 1*...this is rather more than a "small" chance especially for low-ranking officers :indien: :papy:

PhilThib

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 pm

pantsukki wrote:Speaking of events, currently the death of Karl XII -event feels quite OP too. Firstly, why only Sweden (in GNW) has the chance to lose their monarch? Russia's Peter for example was really close to being captured by the Ottomans. I think that every monarch who is used as a general should suffer a small chance of getting captured/killed in action, or alternatively the event dealing with Karl's death should be removed (one should also take into account that he died near the end of 1718). Besides, the current conditions (less NM and VP than the coalition and Karl in foreign lands) mean that Sweden might lose the game's best(?) general and also suffer a massive NM loss very early in the game, as the coalition starts with an advantage in both NM and VP. I dare say that getting hit by the event early on would basically ruin the game.

The chance is 4% and it cannot happen before 1710, so it won't affect Sweden at all in the beginning of the game as you say.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Well, the event description fails to mention that tiny detail regarding the year limit :D. Maybe the event should only become visible from 1710 onwards to avoid confusion?

Liberty Bell
Captain

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Historically a very important event was king Charles XII exile in the Ottoman Empire 1709-1714. Is this event possible in the game?

Nikel

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Liberty Bell wrote:Historically a very important event was king Charles XII exile in the Ottoman Empire 1709-1714. Is this event possible in the game?

I thought you were part of WSS team, who are the members then?

PhilThib... and PhilThib? :rolleyes:

On a second thought, and after reading this thread on matrix, who else is needed? :)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4462011

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Liberty Bell wrote:Historically a very important event was king Charles XII exile in the Ottoman Empire 1709-1714. Is this event possible in the game?

It would require a very specific set of circumstances to happen. Such as Sweden somehow ending up in Ukraine, suffering a devastating defeat there combined with the survivors surrendering and then having all other routes blocked by enemies leaving Crimea as the only option. IMHO it's not worth modelling.

On the other hand, the Ottomans definitely should be looming as a threat to Russia (and the PLC, I guess) and available as a potential ally to Sweden. I haven't played the campaign past 1707 (or something like late 1706), so dunno if Ottoman entry is already possible later on.

Altogether I feel that adding more diplomatic options would be great. I've already suggested some in the other thread.

Nikel

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:58 pm

pantsukki wrote:
On the other hand, the Ottomans definitely should be looming as a threat to Russia (and the PLC, I guess) and available as a potential ally to Sweden. I haven't played the campaign past 1707 (or something like late 1706), so dunno if Ottoman entry is already possible later on.

+1

The units and commanders graphics are already in the game. But PhilThib said the Ottomans are out.

I guess they are only included for a future addon, if it is done.

PhilThib

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:38 pm

pantsukki wrote:Well, the event description fails to mention that tiny detail regarding the year limit :D. Maybe the event should only become visible from 1710 onwards to avoid confusion?

Well, this is again the same old story...some players complain that events should be ALL displayed before hand so that they can "anticipate"...I have read here requests for an event list....and some others won't want that because it spoils the effect of surprise...impossible to please everyone in contradictory situations like these.

I agree that the event description should "mention" it.... Personally I hate telling players in advance the events (where is the fun then...just like if you were knowing in advance everything that "may" happen to you in your life :tournepas )... but it is a game, and sometimes people are voicing those kind of request too loudly and/or frequently :laugh: :pleure: :grr: :papy:

Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm

I definitely think events should be a surprise for most players - which I guess means a few developers and beta testers need to be let in on the list for testing prior to release of a game.

History is a series of coincidences happening or not happening. If Franz Ferdinand's driver had not got lost there would have been no assassination - and World War One was all a mistake.

Mind you, Hitler had about four assassination attempts on him before 1933 alone. Give each a 10% chance; plus about another 10 attempts after 1933. Suppose you bought Hearts of Iron and no war broke out! You had built all those tanks and planes - and finished the Maginot Line. :)

Nikel

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:04 pm

What was done with RUS Gold is a good compromise.

A separate pdf listing the events. You have the information there if you are willing to read it, with no ingame info that spoils the surprises.

Once you have played the game and the surprises are mostly gone, you still has the pdf as a valuable reference.

Greetings to andatiep and his team for the good job done :hat:

PhilThib

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Yes, RUS did very well...I believe it was hell of a job to do that compiling....might be something worth the trouble with some modders/supporters/fans assistance :sherlock:

Nikel

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Yep.

For those who do not know what we are talking about, the event chronology document is available for download, it is the first listed in the link below:

http://www.ageod.com/products/579/downl ... Siege.Gold

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 pm

pantsukki wrote:

It would require a very specific set of circumstances to happen. Such as Sweden somehow ending up in Ukraine, suffering a devastating defeat there combined with the survivors surrendering and then having all other routes blocked by enemies leaving Crimea as the only option. IMHO it's not worth modelling.

I think it is the last battle Ottomans were superior vs Russia. I think game is more of a grand strategic scale that doesn't need exact conditions such as in RuS. It can be worth modelling.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:43 pm

After Poltava, Karl abandoned his still large and powerful army , and decided to go to Turkey to bring the Turks into the war.

His army surrendered, without a fight, to a much smaller and weaker Russian force.

The plan almost worked. The Turks admired Karl as a great soldier, and hated the Russians. Karl actually persuaded the Turks to go to war against Russia. The Russian army was surrounded , with minimal supplies, by the Turks, and it looked like Peter would be captured and his whole army lost. The Russian military situation was hopeless.

However, Peter was accompanied by his commoner born empress, who took her huge stash of jewels with her wherever she and Peter went. She persuaded Peter to bribe the commander of the Turkish army, which Peter did, A peace treaty was signed Peter and his army were allowed to leave. Even though Peter broke a number of the provisions of the treaty, but it did not matter. The Russians used bribery to keep Turkey out of the war. Karl refused to bribe, and lacked the resources to do so.

Once the Russians learned they could bribe the Turks to stay out ot the war, by bribing individual officials, there was never a chance that turkey would enter the war. Karl left his nation and armies without effective leadership for nearly five years while he tried to get the Turks to re enter the war, and was finally expelled by force, after refusing to leave peacefully.

Perhaps the best way to simulate this would be to have a conditional event that cause s Karl to be unavailable for five years if he suffers a significant defeat in Russia, This would give the Russians a real motivation to try for a decisive battle, and perhaps the AI could be instructed to seek one with him if they can get a really strong force together. I dod not know if this is possible.

Another possibility would be to have Karl removed from the game for five years by event if he does not capture and hold Moscow or Kiev by the winter of 1709. This would certainly motivate the Swedish player to invade Russain. Perhaps the Ai could be scripted to have Karl try for these cites no later than January,1709.

It is interesting to note that Karl never lost a battle before Poltava, and he never won a battle after Poltava,even after he returned to Sweden and led Swedish forces. It could also be argued that he never made a good decision after Poltava, and that the shock of losing the battle caused him to snap mentally. This is debatable, of course, but he went from succeeding in everything he was personally involved in to failing in all his efforts.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:07 am

It's also interesting to note that Karl actually didn't lose at Poltava either. Due to his leg injury the overall command was held by Rehnskiöld.

In any case I think that locking him for 5 years just because of one battle or for failing to capture a certain city would be far too harsh.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:03 am

pantsukki wrote:It's also interesting to note that Karl actually didn't lose at Poltava either. Due to his leg injury the overall command was held by Rehnskiöld.

In any case I think that locking him for 5 years just because of one battle or for failing to capture a certain city would be far too harsh.

While I have read that Karl put Rehnskold in command,, and that Rehnskold developed the plan of attack. Karl did approve the plan. Karl was present at the battle on a litter, close enough to the action that most of his litter bearers were killed. Karl could have taken command at any time, and his failure to do so, or delegating command functions to Rehnskold, does not change the fact that He was in actual command.

This is comparable to the command situation at Narva, where Karl put Rehnskold in command, and Rehnskold developed the plan of attack, which Karl approved. Karl was present at the battle and took part in the fighting. Yet it was Karl, not Rehnskold, who got credit for the victory.

To me, the fact that Karl approved the plan of attack in both battles is good reason to consider him as being in actual command of both. So I consider that he lost Poltava. OF course, we can disagree on this.

I agree with you that the consequences of following my suggestions are extremely harsh. They are intended to be. It puts the Swedish player to actually defeat Russia or face the nightmare that hit Sweden when Karl was gone for five years. The decision of Karl to abandon his army and go to Turkey to try to get the Ottomans to fight Russia, and to stay in Turkey for nearly five years until the Turks drove him out by force is not anything a rational player or AI would do.

Yet, you are correct in how harsh that is. Perhaps it could be done through a scenario with an event for those players who are interested in the challenge if they are playing Sweden, or would like to have the AI forced to attack into Russia if they are playing the Russians.

Return to “WSS Technical support / Aide technique”