Francescopgg
Corporal

Save location is unavailable

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 am

I tried to attach my saves for the missing Line of Brabant problem, but the folder Saves, in War of Succession-WSS-Saves it's empty. I ctrl-clicked on the game in the load game screen, but popped up an error message telling that the location is unavailable.

The game load and I can play it without problems.

what can I do to find my saves?

Thanks

PhilThib

Re: Save location is unavailable

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 am

It is probably in the default folder that usually can be found in MyDocuments

Nikel

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Probably because you installed in Program Files folder.

Look here, note that appdata folder is hidden.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Wars Of Succession\WSS\Saves

phoenix
Captain

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Try
My Documents/My GAMES/Civil War 2

With a default win 10 install that seems to be the default location

bkosar19
Sergeant

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:33 pm

I had the exact same problem with WSS: the saved game files couldn't be found anywhere on my PC. Even a file search would fail to find them. Yet, I could still load and play the saves. I just couldn't find where on my PC they were being stored. They couldn't be found in either the folder that the game was allegedly saving them or in any Documents or My Games folder.

This issue occurred when I installed WSS to its default installation folder in my Program Files (x 86) folder. For some reason installing to that folder caused the saves to go "invisible."

My solution was to completely uninstall and then re-install to a non-Program Files (x86) folder. That did the trick- I can now visibly see the saved game files in the saved game folder. Of course, the problem with this solution is that if you're in the midst of a campaign then you're going to lose your saves. (This isn't the first time I've had this happen with Ageod game. I had the same issue with TYW and resolved it the same way.)

On my PC, I have WSS installed to: C: Matrix Games\Wars of Succession.

Francescopgg
Corporal

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 am

Seems to me that I have the same problem of bkosar19. I will uninstall and reinstall the game as he told but, before that, I could post here just the save, because if I delete it (from the load game screen), it appears in the bin, from which I could take it.

I can't post the scripts, because I can't find them anywhere.

Tell me if just the save could help.

Francescopgg
Corporal

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:56 am

Thank you Nikel I have found the appdata you were telling me, now I have found saves and script

Nikel

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:21 am

Francescopgg wrote:Thank you Nikel I have found the appdata you were telling me, now I have found saves and script

:hat:

Return to “WSS Technical support / Aide technique”