RavenWargaming
Conscript

How do I 'get ahead' with my economy?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm

I've reached mid 1645 as the Parlimentarians and I'm having a reasonably successful game, but I feel like I'm running out of steam. There's been a lot of fighting (though I've more or less always traded evenly or come out ahead), and I'm at a point where my army is well hollowed out, with many missing and depleted chits (especially amongst cavalry).

My main problem is that my war supply income is only 9 per turn. This despite the fact that I've consolidated a good amount of territory, including Cornwall, Scotland, 3/5 of Wales, and Southern England (Up to a line following Worcester, Warwick, Northampton, Cambridge).

It just feels like I should be making more war supply and I surely must be doing something wrong. I haven't raised a 'new' regiment for two years, because my war supplies get gobbled up so quickly by AI replacements. The other red flag is that I have 1,004 lb of gold, and nothing to spend it on without war supplies. Most other AGEOD games have some way to convert money into supplies, and vice versa, but I can find no such option here.

So, am I missing something? I know that's really a vague, open ended question but I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks.

jack54
Brigadier General

Re: How do I 'get ahead' with my economy?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:16 am

First thing to check is the options screen and see if automatic replacements is on .... turn it off.

War Supplies are tight in this game and the automatic replacement options spends too much. With it off you can prioritize what you need as there is never really enough.

Return to “English Civil War”