jack54
Brigadier General

Should I have control of these objectives?

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi Leibst, (I'm playing as Royalist)

I have 100% military control of Plymouth and Exeter and also control both towns, however, loyalty heavily favors Parliament. The Objective screen and the tool tip indicate I do not own them yet? Should I own them or do I need to raise loyalty?

I have a 'save' if you'd like to take a closer look but I think the attached image shows all the info

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6809vjutfgz4c ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Thanks! :)

Durk

Re: Should I have control of these objectives?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 am

I know you are asking Liebst but just a note. Raising loyalty is a long term investment. You need regular infantry, at least one, or one of the few cards which impact loyalty.
For me, to raise from the usual 25% loyalty to 51% (auto garrisons) is about a year.

jack54
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:16 am

Thanks Durk...I appreciate your answer. Do you think I need loyalty to get full control or do you think it's lack of military units? I have 100% Military control but have no units there. :confused:

I thought once I got the flags I'd get credit on the objectives screen.

Durk

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 am

Until Loyalty is 51% you must garrison with a non-militia unit (train bands in this game).
So, you need a military unit until you gain enough loyalty. The good news, unless you are short of units, garrisoning the low loyalty regions raises their loyalty.
And the bonus, once you reach 51% then the region generates an auto-garrison.

This is a really tough game with regard to loyalty as Leibstandarte has really portrayed well the very mixed loyalties of this conflict. In most places 'I don't care' prevails at first. So creating a priority list of regions to shift to 51% loyalty is a part of game planning. And also essential for the raising of regional forces as you cannot raise forces in a region until you have a city with 51% loyalty.

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 am

Thanks Durk

This makes sense and is actually better than I thought .... grabbing a town and putting up a flag isn't enough; winning the hearts and minds is also important.

Ardie
Captain

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

One thing I noticed (however I'm not 100 percent sure of this) that if as a Royalist player one gives Sir Marmaduke Langdale an independent command... he starts pillaging the countryside and lowers the loyalty for the King.

As far as I know from the English Civil War (not much) this is historical.

Return to “English Civil War”