Taillebois
General of the Army

Re: Review at Wargamer

Mon May 29, 2017 11:28 pm

That's a great review for you. Just make sure the next patch clears up as many of the niggles that people are spotting and the game can get widespread recommendation.

Can you consider producing a demo version with just one scenario so the game can be tried without commitment?

Nikel

Tue May 30, 2017 2:22 pm

With "you", you are referring to Leibst, are you not? :hat:

Leibst

Tue May 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks,yes,
we have to continue working on that issues.

Regarding the demo is Slitherine terrain as they plan all regarding Marketing.

Thronfolger
Corporal

Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:19 am

Thanks, love the review :coeurs: :)

RavenWargaming
Conscript

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 am

Sorry to 'necro' this but it was still on the first page and I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know what the reviewer meant by this?

But now the game whistles along at Warp 10 with not a single problem to be found. A combination of AGEOD support and forum discussion (mine was not an isolated issue) revealed you had to install the game in a separate location from the default Program Files (X86) folder, delete an “ini” file from the game’s root directory and then open up another game file into Notepad to change a few numbers. BAM! Now the game runs like a thoroughbred even on my wife’s low-end Lenovo, so no problem, right? Welllll . . . As a reviewer I got some pretty quick help, I love forums and as a former IT Director I’m pretty comfortable going into files and recoding them (tho my “what the Hell, let’s do it” personality doesn’t hurt). Other folks, not so much maybe. They expect a game to be ready to play out of the box and may not be nearly as knowledgeable or comfortable in doing what I had to do.

I'd like to try and improve my performance if possible.

WallysWorld
Captain

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 pm

I've never deleted any ini file myself, but found that some recommend deleting the userpath.ini file if you are having crashes: http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=42242

I think the file he mentions to update is the General.opt file to make the scrolling smoother which is what I have done:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=397&t=52188

The modifications only help with scrolling and the actual turn processing performance.

Return to “English Civil War”