paulferris1964
Conscript

Video Replay?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Will this game have a Replay function, as many other AGEOD titles do? I notice that TYW hasn't, and I think this feature would be a significant addition for PBEM.

In any event, I am very excited about this title; ECW being my favourite wargaming period.

Thanks

Paul

Durk

Re: Video Replay?

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 am

There is a method where you can get a reply in all games even if it is not easily accessible in the options menu.
Use the Control ~ command and it will bring up an option where you can then use the 'replay' command if you know the file or folder of the game you wish to replay.

Agree, replay in the option menu is important.

paulferris1964
Conscript

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks Durk. I thought that only worked if the particular AGEOD game created a replay file, and that not all do. Have you got this feature working in TYW? If so, I'll try again with the Command Console

BR

Paul

Durk

Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:03 am

My memory is so bad. I have been looking around. The last discussion of this is still there in forum history, I suppose, but I have been unsuccessful finding it.
I use replay rarely, so I have not memorized the path. It is something like this:
The control and tilda ~ sign does bring up the menu in games like AJE which do not have convention play.
The command line then is LoadReplay (the computer path to the file) Hopefully someone with a better memory can chime in.

paulferris1964
Conscript

Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:01 pm

Almost six years later, I finally got the replay function in ECW to work!! ... by following Durk's instructions a bit more closely ... ;)

Now, does anyone still PBEM this game, I wonder?

Antonius67
Conscript

Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:47 pm

paulferris1964 wrote:Almost six years later, I finally got the replay function in ECW to work!! ... by following Durk's instructions a bit more closely ... ;)

Now, does anyone still PBEM this game, I wonder?

I'd be interested in having this working too. I'd be grateful if you could let me know the path to the replay file.

I've just installed the game after several years and am finally getting to grips with it now I have the various fixes in place.

Durk

Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:55 pm

Yes they do. You might check The Wargame Club
https://thewargamingclub.online/
Several members there really like this game.

Antonius67
Conscript

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:17 pm

I wanted to get the replay feature working too, but the replay toggle in the options window wasn't there. But I found the setting in UserInterface.opt that enables the feature (change the 0 to 1), and I can now turn it on in the options window.

/ ********************************************************
    // Replay
    // ********************************************************
    inoCanUseReplay = 1 // replay is NOT allowed in current game engine, player can't activate it with inoReplay (stored in general.opt, shown to player in Options Window, Main Menu)

When using the LoadReplay command in the game I don't need to enter the full path, and it works just fine.

Nikel

Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:02 pm

Durk wrote:Several members there really like this game.

Have they modded or improved the game in any way?

Durk

Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:04 am

Yes. Small updates, mostly tweaking to eliminate the crashes.

Return to “English Civil War”