jack54
Brigadier General

I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:13 am

Hi again,

The Big Map has me concerned. I can play 30 Years War and CW II fine but I've avoided the monsters like TEAW and WON. I've got 1 gig of video ram.

I love Ageod but sometime they run a little slow on my machine; mostly map scrolling.

Thanks for any help! :)

Durk

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:12 am

I assume you have selected the game option to reduce memory demand and winter maps and such.

This is not a monster game, just covers a lot of potential territory. Each scenario is pretty contained.

jack54
Brigadier General

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Durk wrote:I assume you have selected the game option to reduce memory demand and winter maps and such.

This is not a monster game, just covers a lot of potential territory. Each scenario is pretty contained.

Thanks Durk... I always keep winter maps on because I'll forget and get every body killed. (what I did to Gates and Arnold (WIA) is probably grounds for Court Marshal).

I did a forum search and then tried some things with TYW and it ran MUCH faster. It was Ok before but got better. I increased available memory to 50% (I got 16 GB) then scrolled the whole map to get every thing into memory. Seems to help.

So WOS is very tempting indeed!

Thanks again!

Nikel

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:23 pm

jack54 wrote:
I love Ageod but sometime they run a little slow on my machine; mostly map scrolling.

Is it a laptop?

jack54
Brigadier General

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

No it's a desktop... Windows 8.1, (1 GB Nvidia Ge Force GTX650 video card), (AMD FX-6300 processor) with 16 GB ram.

I don't check the settings very often but I decided to check my Ageod games and they're all over the place. Some are set for 10% physical memory a couple at 50% and 1 that I set to 75%. AJE writes 10 log lines per second while BOR is writing 100.

jack54
Brigadier General

Re:Resolved: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Ok I bought it and installed.... running fine :) slight hesitation first time around the map but after that scrolls very fast at least for me...

Nice looking game

BTW the map is really large and impressive!

Nikel

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:15 am

jack54 wrote:No it's a desktop... Windows 8.1, (1 GB Nvidia Ge Force GTX650 video card), (AMD FX-6300 processor) with 16 GB ram.

I don't check the settings very often but I decided to check my Ageod games and they're all over the place. Some are set for 10% physical memory a couple at 50% and 1 that I set to 75%. AJE writes 10 log lines per second while BOR is writing 100.

It was because this tool posted in this forum improves the performance (FPS), AFAIK works with laptops with 2 graphics cards, but you could try it.

Extract in the folder where the exe is located and check if it is better or not in your case.

http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm

Return to “Wars of Succession”