User avatar
jack54
Brigadier General
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Location: East Tennessee USA

I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:13 am

Hi again,


The Big Map has me concerned. I can play 30 Years War and CW II fine but I've avoided the monsters like TEAW and WON. I've got 1 gig of video ram.

I love Ageod but sometime they run a little slow on my machine; mostly map scrolling.

Thanks for any help! :)

User avatar
Durk
Posts: 2378
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Wyoming

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:12 am

I assume you have selected the game option to reduce memory demand and winter maps and such.

This is not a monster game, just covers a lot of potential territory. Each scenario is pretty contained.

User avatar
jack54
Brigadier General
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Location: East Tennessee USA

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Durk wrote:I assume you have selected the game option to reduce memory demand and winter maps and such.

This is not a monster game, just covers a lot of potential territory. Each scenario is pretty contained.


Thanks Durk... I always keep winter maps on because I'll forget and get every body killed. (what I did to Gates and Arnold (WIA) is probably grounds for Court Marshal).

I did a forum search and then tried some things with TYW and it ran MUCH faster. It was Ok before but got better. I increased available memory to 50% (I got 16 GB) then scrolled the whole map to get every thing into memory. Seems to help.

So WOS is very tempting indeed!

Thanks again!

User avatar
Nikel
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:23 pm

jack54 wrote:
I love Ageod but sometime they run a little slow on my machine; mostly map scrolling.



Is it a laptop?

User avatar
jack54
Brigadier General
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Location: East Tennessee USA

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

No it's a desktop... Windows 8.1, (1 GB Nvidia Ge Force GTX650 video card), (AMD FX-6300 processor) with 16 GB ram.

I don't check the settings very often but I decided to check my Ageod games and they're all over the place. Some are set for 10% physical memory a couple at 50% and 1 that I set to 75%. AJE writes 10 log lines per second while BOR is writing 100.

User avatar
jack54
Brigadier General
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Location: East Tennessee USA

Re:Resolved: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Ok I bought it and installed.... running fine :) slight hesitation first time around the map but after that scrolls very fast at least for me...

Nice looking game

BTW the map is really large and impressive!

User avatar
Nikel
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: I'm thinking about picking this up but need to ask how smooth is it running?

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:15 am

jack54 wrote:No it's a desktop... Windows 8.1, (1 GB Nvidia Ge Force GTX650 video card), (AMD FX-6300 processor) with 16 GB ram.

I don't check the settings very often but I decided to check my Ageod games and they're all over the place. Some are set for 10% physical memory a couple at 50% and 1 that I set to 75%. AJE writes 10 log lines per second while BOR is writing 100.



It was because this tool posted in this forum improves the performance (FPS), AFAIK works with laptops with 2 graphics cards, but you could try it.

Extract in the folder where the exe is located and check if it is better or not in your case.


http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm

Return to “Wars of Succession”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests