Nikel

Outofeight gameplay review

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:48 pm

http://www.outofeight.info/2018/02/wars ... eview.html

He is very critic with the engine.

Somebody in the team should contact him and explain:

- The reason of the crashes. Windows administrator, UAC, folder to install, etc.

- The sluggish performance, that probably should improve with the software posted in this forum by alwaysfish :

http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm

- Slow turn resolution. It is what it is. Now try a turn in WitP-AE.

We are green and we are going after the orange people, did he really say that? :mdr:

Morgan
Corporal

Re: Outofeight gameplay review

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:54 am

The only thing that I really agree with him on is that Wars of Succession is not a good introduction to AGEod games for beginners. I always recommend Alea Jacta Est when people ask for a first game. Wars in America 2 is even better, but it isn't on Steam.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 am

I think it is more about how much they know about the conflict. It can be important for player rather than actual gameplay to evaluate difficulty. Italy Campaign shouldn't be difficult than Wars in America or AJE smaller beginner scenarios. New players can start with this game I think.

phoenix
Captain

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:45 am

I think - as a beginner - that it's more about what tutorial videos are available. For me the best sets of videos were for CW2. The tutorial videos for this (WoS) and TYW are ok, but pretty basic.

I used to respect James Allen's reviews a lot more before - way back, before he started all the videos. But if you look at the rubbish he rates as very good now you realise he's never going to go for something niche like this. He's looking at a different market.

Return to “Wars of Succession”