Lysimaque
Corporal

Multiplayer

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi, could we hope a 2vs 1 campaign , Imperial and English side versus France. I love play this kind of scenario on Ageod, and beside, it is the only way to simulate the difficulty of command beetween Eugène and Malborought and the different goal Imperial and British had.

PhilThib

Re: Multiplayer

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:41 am

Not planned now as far as I know, but it is possible in a patch as an extra scenario. Would require some serious rework of events and options on the Grand Alliance side and should be, iMHO, left only for a full player contest, as the AI would probably have serious difficulties with it.

Lysimaque
Corporal

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm

So dissapointed about it. It will another very scripted game only trigerred by historical events. You have fascinating conflicts to picture, why dont give the freedom to choose where the mains forces should. If i want Malboought sent to Spain and concentrate my forces to take Madrid first and stay in defensive in Germany, why shouldnt be possible? Why as France i cannot ignore totally Itally, build a strong force in Flanders and try to invade Holland?

Same as multiplayer, a 3 players game would make a lot of sense in this conflicts, even 4(Hasbourg, English-Dutch alliance, Bourbon Spain, Bourbons France), with their own conditions of victories. Imagine the fun of such system in pebm, the english player that try to weak France but not let Austrian get a fully victory, would be so enjoyable and so historical.

PhilThib

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 am

You are making a confusion between multiplayer and strategical flexibility or liberty I am afraid :sourcil:

Nothing in the game prevents you from concentrating on Spain, or on the contrary abandon it altogether and play a XVIIIth dynastical conflict in the way of a WW2 American strategist focusing on the main enemy first... you'll just not be rewarded for it, but it is entirely feasible...

Marlborough can go wherever you see fit, or Eugene, or anyone else for that matter... and same for the Bourbon side

The style of game you want if perfectly possible as the game is now

Lysimaque
Corporal

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Yeah sorry, just looked the stream and it looked extremelly scripted in beginning. I wish i could have build my army and send in other theater that was used historically but maybe because it was not great campaign start.

Anyway i will buy it, just really hope you guy make 2vs2 or 2vs 1 big campaign on future, would be so awesome.

Return to “Wars of Succession”