Offworlder
General

Sieges

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:13 am

How will sieges play out? During this period, there was a rough balance between defence and attack, in that well made fortifications could hold up even the largest armies if these were not well prepared for such an event. So sieges were quite an undertaking and success or failure at sieges kind of determined political outcomes.

PhilThib

Re: Sieges

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:21 am

So far the system seems to work correctly with lengthy sieges, but also sometimes surprising outcomes (e.g. immediate surrenders)...we are working on it :cool:

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:51 am

Indeed, in the end it's the fortress of northern France, well manned, that gave the french army time to regroup and eventually get sort of a final draw with the Denain victoryar whereas it looked like the allies were on their way to Paris a few years earlier before getting bogged down in sieges.

The key in this game should be that supply wagons shouldn't be able to travel accross a province with an ennemy fort, meaning that an army just cannot go any further for more than a turn or two.

PhilThib

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:20 pm

veji1 wrote:The key in this game should be that supply wagons shouldn't be able to travel accross a province with an enemy fort, meaning that an army just cannot go any further for more than a turn or two.

Not sure how this could be done :bonk:

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:38 pm

PhilThib wrote:
veji1 wrote:The key in this game should be that supply wagons shouldn't be able to travel accross a province with an enemy fort, meaning that an army just cannot go any further for more than a turn or two.

Not sure how this could be done :bonk:

Well I don't know either, I am not the designer ! But it sure is important that the game show how a well fortified border could really put a stop into offensive operation on a campaign scale. How you modelize that is up to you, I just hope you find the right way to do it !

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:26 am

I just want everyone to bear in mind that this release is going back to basics. No more complex systems. Some of these requests would have to be ignored for the sake of a stable release. Two entirely different theatres will be covered, the western and eastern front. Attention to one scope such as sieges is most welcoming but this can wait and be added as an update after the game has been released and any upcoming bugs ironed out.

Return to “Wars of Succession”