User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 am

Hi there,

As WSS mod forum is locked, I do open this mod thread in the main forum.

This mod, with no name for now :) , has the below settings

Game version : Version Patch 1.0 (April 30th, 2018)
Scenario : 1701 Campaign

Modifications :
Gameplay
-Blockade Box in operation as in CW2
-Due to the above Bourbons will benefit from Privaters units.
-Privaters units will now provide some money and WSU while in Naval Boxes
-Overseas and colonial areas are now playable.
-Many models and units DB
-Local Strings (Text)
-Expanded ForcePool for both Factions (BOU and GAL)[/color]
-Duchy of Modena and Parma are now fully unlocked.
-Added Warband units (Native Indians). Can be recruited in Great Lakes area by both Main Faction
- FRA Gardes du Corps and scottish Gardes du Corps portrait changed ( no more cuirassiers)
- Colonial Militia and Garnison Militia Units can be recruited in colonial areas.
Circumvallation Decisions now can be played only in a region with an ongoing siege
-Coastal Guns Target change from Naval to Land as game settings does not allow ship bombardment for them
-Bombing galliots now can bombard coastal structures and troops by Regional Decisions
-BOU faction access to Native Indians replacement added
-BOU faction access to HRE replacement removed.
- Conscripts cost adjusted for models to get consistency between DB models, structures production, gameplay and ''historicity''
- Merchant ships and Galliots added to GBR and NED forcepool.
- Privater ships, Merchant ships and Galliots added to FRA Force Pool
- WSU Production Balance : GunFoundry will produce more WSU, commerce ships wil not generate WSU any more
- Riverine boat transport capacity reduced from 10 to 2
- British-Dutch abi fixed
- Spanish-Neapolitean abi created.
- French-Spanish abi fixed
- Miquelets units created for FRA, SPA and SP2. ForcePool expanded accordingly
- HRE commerce ship units created. ForcePool expanded accordingly and units added to North Sea and Baltic Naval Box
- Double command abi added to some leaders
- Set and fix Faction entrenchment levels
- Storms added (WIP)
- Oldenburg Garrison Added
- Major review and rework for recruitment areas (WIP)
- Major review and rework for each subfaction ForcePool (WIP)
- Raider*5 attribute removed for brigs, sloops and ketchs







UI
- F2 Minimod (pre WON reinforce/replacement ledger). See http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=408&t=52239 for instructions
-Regional Decisions are now displayed by category
-Pillage icon is no more animated and has a old style look
-Fix Native Indians primary color (was black)
- Number of Prisonners, after a battle occurence, is now correct in message log.
-Siege icon is no more animated and has a old style look

Fix :
-Mantova exit point to Po will now allow fleets to move in/Out the region
-Attrition for locked units in city (Garrison) fixed
-Naval bombardment settings adjusted to allow them
- Muenster Arsenal is now properly located.


Event Fix
- SpainInvaded Event
-Line of Brabant
-Peace of Utrecht
-Camisards Rise
-Structures Production
-Prisonners options
-Morale to Loyalty for AI options
-Bonn and Koeln Garrison Faction Tags changed from HRE to KOL.
-Muenchen objective is now properly located (was Rosenheim)
-SP2 Reinforcement units in Spain wrong subfaction fix
-Duc of Bourgogne added for BOU
- Structures Production reworked, balanced and fixed.
- Peasants revolts units fix.
- Savoy Defect and Savoy join Grand Alliance fix and WIP
- More Concessions to Prussia unlock Fix


And many more that I have forgot to record :innocent:

The mod was built during a previous PBEM with Dedcastel forum member. Many credits to him. :hat:
We have a new one that has started today and so the mod will continue to improve, I hope.

As there is no AAR sub forum for WSS neither, I will report post it in the main forum too.

1071 Mod v0.10 is.



Download link ;


https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kkpufcrq0fy3fd/1701Mod.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7anub5gfplb4pr/03935Region.zip?dl=0

Installation instructions ;

WSS last patch applied

First Link
Unzip the downloaded file into your WSS root directory (where the .exe is located).



Go to to WSS/Graphics.
Copy the Regions folder
Go to WSS_Mod/Graphics,
Paste the Regions folder
Go to WSS/Settings
Copy the general.opt file.
Go to WSS_Mod/settings.
Paste the general.opt file

Second Link
Unzip the downloaded file anywhere in a temp location. Open extracted folder and copy the 2 files.
Paste into WSS_Mod/Graphics/Regions folder. 2 files must be overwritten.

Launch.

To revert back to vanilla game: open Modpath.ini in WSS root folder. Replace WSS_Mod by WSS.


Note : Next texts/strings in english only.





Do not hesitate to report or comment.

Regards

Regards
Last edited by Bohémond on Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 am, edited 11 times in total.

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:18 am

Update #1, Blue lines in the first post.

User avatar
andrzej
Lieutenant
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 am
Location: Russia.Saint Peterburg

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:58 am

Very interesting! I will definitely install and read it.

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:54 am

Update #2, Pink lines in the first post

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:14 pm

AAR in the Technical forum, to be able to include screenshots. :wacko:

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:48 am

Update #3 : Green Lines in the first post.

lok90
Civilian
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:18 am
Contact: Website

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:23 am

Bohémond wrote:Hi there,

As WSS mod forum is locked, I do open this mod thread in the main forum.

This mod, with no name for now :) , has the below settings

Game version : Version Patch 1.0 (April 30th, 2018)
Scenario : 1701 Campaign

Modifications :
Gameplay
-Blockade Box in operation as in CW2
-Due to the above Bourbons will benefit from Privaters units.
-Privaters units will now provide some money and WSU while in Naval Boxes
-Overseas and colonial areas are now playable.
-Many models and units DB
-Local Strings (Text)
-Expanded ForcePool for both Factions (BOU and GAL)
-Duchy of Modena and Parma are now fully unlocked.
-Added Warband units (Native Indians). Can be recruited in Great Lakes area by both Main Faction
- FRA Gardes du Corps and scottish Gardes du Corps portrait changed ( no more cuirassiers)
- Colonial Militia and Garnison Militia Units can be recruited in colonial areas.




UI
- F2 Minimod (pre WON reinforce/replacement ledger). See http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=408&t=52239 for instructions
-Regional Decisions are now displayed by category
-Pillage icon is no more animated and has a old style look
-Fix Native Indians primary color (was black)

Fix :
-Mantova exit point to Po will now allow fleets to move in/Out the region
-Attrition for locked units in city (Garrison) fixed

Event Fix
- SpainInvaded Event
-Line of Brabant
-Peace of Utrecht
-Camisards Rise
-Structures Production
-Prisonners options
-Morale to Loyalty for AI options
-Bonn and Koeln Garrison Faction Tags changed from HRE to KOL.

And many more that I have forgot to record :innocent:

The mod was built during a previous PBEM with delcaltel forum member.
We have a new one that has started today and so the mod will continue to improve, I hope.

As there is no AAR sub forum for WSS neither, I will report post it in the main forum too.

Mod is quite huge as I did not make any installer. PM me for We transfer link. GBWhatsApp

RegardsGBWhatsApp

Very Intresting.. :)

User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 25568
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:37 am
Location: Lyon (France)

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:57 am

Is lok90 another avatar of Loki? :eyebrow: :blink:

User avatar
Stratman
Captain
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Location: S-Petersburg, Russia

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:45 pm

Looks great but where is the link?
BTW I sent my e-mail by PM.
Or it`s because mod doesn't finished yet? :confused:

Thank you for your efforts anyway!

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:15 pm

Stratman wrote:Looks great but where is the link?
BTW I sent my e-mail by PM.
Or it`s because mod doesn't finished yet? :confused:

Thank you for your efforts anyway!


Sorry, my PM was full and your PM was on hold. I got it now. :)

The mod is not yet finished as the PBEM is ongoing and we keep doing modifcations.

The mod by itesel is the whole WSS main folder.

So you'd better start from a fresh install and delete the vanilla WSS folder.

I will send you the link later tonight with up to date version

Regards

JuanaAzurdy
Civilian
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:35 pm

Wow this looks great! Your Charlemagne mod for AJE is so good. I always thought it was a shame this game didn't get one or two final patches, but this mod looks to fix alot of the things those would of added.

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:52 pm

JuanaAzurdy wrote:Wow this looks great! Your Charlemagne mod for AJE is so good. I always thought it was a shame this game didn't get one or two final patches, but this mod looks to fix alot of the things those would of added.


Thanks. :)

Based on our current pace, we still have at least 4 months of PBEM to keep fixing/modding stuff.

Regards

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Update #4 : Orange Lines in the first post.

JDwoody
Civilian
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:53 pm

Would I be able to get a link to this mod? I added you as a friend on the forum but I can't DM yet apparently because I haven't made enough posts to do so. However, I'm really interesting in checking this mod out since I love WSS :D

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm

JDwoody wrote:Would I be able to get a link to this mod? I added you as a friend on the forum but I can't DM yet apparently because I haven't made enough posts to do so. However, I'm really interesting in checking this mod out since I love WSS :D


Give me a few days and I will try to provide a link. We are doing a major change on conscripts management and a few testing turns are required.

However, the mod still WIP as the PBEM is still ongoing ( Turn 18)

Regards

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:31 pm

Update#5 in blue

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:55 am

Update $6 in Red

First release of the mod will be around November 15th,

DVX
Conscript
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 am
Location: Montréal, QC

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:52 pm

I am so incredibly excited for this mod! Let me know if you want any help with colonial units and events (René Duguay Trouin's capture of Rio de Janeiro could be very cool). I am a professional historian of the period.

Syrius337
Conscript
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:08 pm

Sound excellent! I will check it our when it comes out.
Can I ask a question though? Do you have any idea how I can change leader stats and abilities? I've made some changes to the WSS\GameData\Models, but when I start a new campaign the changes aren't in the game. No idea what I am doing wrong.

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Update #7 in blue

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:41 pm

DVX wrote:I am so incredibly excited for this mod! Let me know if you want any help with colonial units and events (René Duguay Trouin's capture of Rio de Janeiro could be very cool). I am a professional historian of the period.


Hello

Any help is welcome. If you have a list of colonial units raised during this period, it will be nice.
Adding some events, like the Rio de Janeiro Capture, by options is possible too.


Regards

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:43 pm

Syrius337 wrote:Sound excellent! I will check it our when it comes out.
Can I ask a question though? Do you have any idea how I can change leader stats and abilities? I've made some changes to the WSS\GameData\Models, but when I start a new campaign the changes aren't in the game. No idea what I am doing wrong.


Stratman answered your request in a different thread.
Do not hesitate if you have any additional question

Regards

Syrius337
Conscript
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:20 am

Bohémond wrote:
Syrius337 wrote:Sound excellent! I will check it our when it comes out.
Can I ask a question though? Do you have any idea how I can change leader stats and abilities? I've made some changes to the WSS\GameData\Models, but when I start a new campaign the changes aren't in the game. No idea what I am doing wrong.


Stratman answered your request in a different thread.
Do not hesitate if you have any additional question

Regards


I was thinking of making the Anti-Swedish Alliance a bit more powerful in terms of resources - manpower and money, but now I'd rather wait for your release and check it out.

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Download link in instructions in the first post.

Regards

DVX
Conscript
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 am
Location: Montréal, QC

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:04 am

I just installed the mod and it looks great so far! The expanded naval/colonial areas add a new dimension to the War of the Spanish Succession as the first globalised conflict.

However, a big issue I'm having is that the armies are not showing up on the map. They exist, I can select them, but the icons are not visible on the campaign map. I also noticed that some of the tabs in the strategic atlas appear to be mislabeled (for example, the map and the objectives are in the wrong places). Would you like us to post bug reports and technical issues like these in this thread, or via PM?

I'm so happy to see a fan mod for this flawed gem -- keep up the good work!

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:17 pm

DVX wrote:I just installed the mod and it looks great so far! The expanded naval/colonial areas add a new dimension to the War of the Spanish Succession as the first globalised conflict.

However, a big issue I'm having is that the armies are not showing up on the map. They exist, I can select them, but the icons are not visible on the campaign map. I also noticed that some of the tabs in the strategic atlas appear to be mislabeled (for example, the map and the objectives are in the wrong places). Would you like us to post bug reports and technical issues like these in this thread, or via PM?

I'm so happy to see a fan mod for this flawed gem -- keep up the good work!


Hello

Could you please post a screenshot of the campaign map with one stack selected and also one with the mismatched tabs ?
Are you playing in french ?

Could also post the mainlog (WSS_Mod/Logs) ?

As attachment are not allowed in this forum, you can post them in the AAR Thread.

Regards

DVX
Conscript
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 am
Location: Montréal, QC

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:50 pm

Bohémond wrote:Hello

Could you please post a screenshot of the campaign map with one stack selected and also one with the mismatched tabs ?
Are you playing in french ?

Could also post the mainlog (WSS_Mod/Logs) ?

As attachment are not allowed in this forum, you can post them in the AAR Thread.

Regards


The WSS AAR thread appears to be locked. Is there a way to unlock that forum?

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:12 pm

You can post in the WSS Technical forum support forum.

Regards

HootsMaguire
Conscript
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:58 pm

Thanks Bohemond for a fantastic mod, it really seems to correct the deficiencies in the base game. It particularly infuriated me that I couldn't do a Trieste-Mantova supply/reinforcement run as the Grand Alliance before.

I'm playing through now and can report everything bug free as of now

There was a mini-bug where English militia units were invisible on map for 1 turn but that passed and now all units are visible

Thanks again for your fantastic work!

Also @Syrius337 - this mod does not include the Northern War only the Spanish Succession grand campaign so if you want to beef up the Poles and Russians (good idea IMO) you have to do it yourself

User avatar
Bohémond
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Mod for 1701 WSS campaign

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 am

Thank you HootsMaguire !

Credits to my teammate Delcastel for sugesting, moding, testing...... and playing this mod :hat:

Regards

Return to “Wars of Succession”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests