RebelYell wrote:I again tried to install your mod but messed it up again, I feel really stupid for not getting it working.
oho wrote:What exactly do you mean by 'Beefed up Austrian/Russian AI for 1805 campaign (only)'?
vicberg wrote:Both Scenarios will be fine.
I made the AI events specific to PRIOR to pressburg. After pressburg, I'll add AI events for Prussia, Russia, Austria and possibly Britain prior to Tilsit. After Tilsit, Spain. After Spain, everyone against France. But this is first generation on AI so I'm starting with Austria, prior to Pressburg.
veji1 wrote:Hi Vicberg, I hope you'll be able to fix the issues I found in your mod (military modifiers and missing new leaders in 1806) if indeed they are an issue with your mod and not the patch.
Regarding the feel of your mod so far playing as the french in SP : I really like what you have tried to do to circumvent the issues in the vanilla game, particularly in matters of expeditionary forces and force builds by minors. I just have a few ideas / questions :
- If there was a way for all those minors to go under direct french control in game BUT keep their flags on the map, it would be great. It might just be chrome but this massive blurb of france has a distinct arcade feeling. If there was a way for the Swiss / Koi / etc flags to still be there.
- I find that horses are a real bottleneck in your mod, probably as should be for the french anyway.
- Accumulating the EPs is super tricky and the script for annexing minors is sneaking : the HRE declared war on me as I was battling Austria and Prussia (it had dowed Bavaria so I counted dowed) and after a battle with the Prussians in Francfort I stormed the city and boom, next turn I had annexed it and paid 100 EPs (i think) for it... Getting the 400 EPs for the RHC is going to be really hard.
- I find that including Bavaria in the RHC event is quite radical, Bavaria is probably the one minor I would treat differently to emulate their particular status. it's part of those inbetweeners with Danemark and Sweden that really aren't majors but not really pure minors either, + it really is the only minor for which for reasons unbeknwonst to me the expeditionnary force thing seems to work reliably. So it might be the only Minot I wouldn't "annex".
- The wargaming part is also considerably improved : In vanilla Archduke Karl runs to Bavaria straight away and arrives on the other side of the Alps while Mack has or is being crushed and gets beaten piecemeal by the Grande Armée. Here he stayed in Italy and since I had been careless we had a few running battles in Verona/Treviso/Venezia. french numbers eventually bore out, but he really bled the Armée d'Italie with 3/4 battles where I would lose 8 000 to his 6 000 or so. It massively ate at my replacements and I haven't built much since the start.
I really want to command you for your hard work on this !
vicberg wrote:Currently, you can see the difference in troops by uniform but not by background. But it would be nice to have the country color background. When I add the units to the French build pool, the engine is converting the background color to France. I'll need to figure out how to maintain the country background color.
You do have to be careful with the automatic annexations. I wanted to use RGD cards, but found issues identifying the region it was played in and it pushed performance of the game off the edge. HRE declaring war is a first. If you don't do any other annexation events or automatic annexations, you can get RHC going by around early 1806. You need < 30 elements to not trigger automatic annexation. A division will usually smash any minor like HRE.
It's not in the mod yet, but when/if Denmark joins the alliance, they will be annexed into France (essentially) as well. Bavaria, Sweden. AI can't be relied upon. Humans control fully the minor (or semi-major) in question. Not the AI.
Thanks for the feedback on AI improvements. It's just the beginning.
veji1 wrote:Hi Vicberg, I played your mod a fair bit this weekend, probably won't be able to play much for the next month or so but i wanted to have a look at ways this game could improve and your mod looked like a good "out of the box thinking" exercice.
I really like it, of course it's too "brutal" because so far only brutal solutions can fix the issues of non fonctionning interactions between majors and minors, particularly minor full allies, ie vassals. But the work is really good and a bit like Clovis in his time I also greatly appreciate what you are trying to do to the AI.
Just one issue I wanted to point, it looks to me like the last version of your mod slows down the turn resolution quite a lot after a few turns. It never happened before with the vanilla game or your mod, but with the last version after 3/4 turns I would start having turn resolution go really slow, it was noticeable during battles where the sound effects were effectively slowed down and really lagging. I don't know if there is something there or not, but I figure I should point it out.
vicberg wrote:There are more rolls. AGEOD, by design, had the cohesion and damage increased to account for some issues like this. I toned these down, meaning combats will last longer. This in turn uses more computer memory. I don't have sounds on personally, so that is somewhat beyond me. I have noticed laggy response rates, and that may be due to the increased memory demands that the mod is requiring.
The answer is to do the age old tradition of upgrading or living with the decreased performance.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest