Welcome to the Enhanced Diplomacy Beta Version Mod.
You may download the mod here
Download ED.ZIP and place in Wars of Napoleon Directory (where the NGC.EXE exists)
Unzip ED.ZIP from Wars of Napoleon Directory and a new ED folder will be created
Open MODPATH.INI from Wars of Napoleon Directory and type ED into it (it will be empty at start) and save file
The game engine will use the ED directory for the game and save files
If you wish to play base game, open MODPATH.INI and remove ED (MODPATH will be empty now) and save file
Game Engine will use the NGC directory for the game and save files
Only Scenario 7 and 8 are useable with the mod. Don't try to play it with scenarios 1-6.
What this mod does
- All Major Powers may declare war on a minor, move 30 elements onto the capital of the minor and at the cost of 1000 money and 100 ep, automatically annex the minor. Annexation gives loyalty and military control to the conquering major power. All unit builds of the minor are given to the conquering major as well as economic assets.
- All Kingdom Creation events, Annexation Events operate on the same principle. Control, loyalty, economy and force pools are given to the event player. Kingdom creation events are more expensive in terms of money and ep due to the increased gain from them
- Land and Naval Combat was revamped to cause less casualties
- Unit costs were revamped as well as replacement costs
- Economic production is every turn rather than once every 4 turns
- Peace Treaty events were revamped a bit. Peace is enforced during the duration of the treaty
- Spanish Ulcer events were revamped to force France to go into Spain by 1808 or loss 2000 VP and 100 NM
- Portuguese events were revamped so that anyone invaded Portugal causes Portugal to become annexed by Britain. A Portuguese corp will spawn after 16 turns with British "advisors". Wellington is released (in India and must be moved). Oporto will revolt if not garrisoned by 20 elements.
- RCH was revamped to include Baden, Berg, Bavaria, Nassau, Hessen, Brunswick, HRE (which becomes the RHC). These minors will be annexed by France at the cost of 4000 gold and 400 ep
- Westphalia was revamped to be along historical lines of region ownership. Hannover gets a few northern Prussian regions. Brunswick is annexed by Westphalia as are parts of Hessen
- Saxony will switch sides when France owns Dresden and Lepzig.
- Supply rules temporarily changed to allow supply through neutral countries and to allow supply depot builds in neutral countries. The supply rights/foreign access doesn't seem to be working (at least in my experience). If this gets fixed, I'll adjust supply back to base rules.
- This mod is primarily for you. The thing I haven't done yet is create peace treaties for non-scripted war. So if Russia/Prussia go to war, I'd like peace treaties for both Prussian victory or Russian Victory. Same with Britain/Turkey, Britain/Spain, etc...If you choose to use this in PBEM and you see the opportunity for a peace treaty that doesn't exist, let me know and I'll create one and include in mod
For Single Players
- France becomes a superpower. In multi-player, France can still be beaten by combined efforts of the other major powers. Especially since France will be disbursed from Spain to Russia. In Single Player, not so much as the AI seems to be running small divisions, even single artillery units, into battle. My goal here within the next couple of months is to beef up the AI by creating events to build pre-built corps for the AI countries. I may even remove AI building all together and manage it completely by events. This will be version 2 of the mod.
Have fun. Post questions if you have any. Post feedback if you have any.