vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:24 am

Art replacement were brought down to lowest common denominator. The generic replacements are a challenge to work with. The largest art unit requires 16 replacement chits to replace a single element. But now the art repl chits align with all the varying build costs

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:01 am

vicberg wrote:Everything. The base game is going for shorter battle times. I reduced to hit/cohesion done, assault, for everything. Naval was also revamped

Can you post some battle logs from vanilla and your mod in comparison?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:11 pm

I haven't played base in months. The decisions to reduce to hit, etc., came from playing the base game in December/January. I saw something was off because battles were only a round or 2 and corps were initially getting decimated. Then I started checking the models and that's when I saw some of the issues.

A single ARTY was doing 40 cohesion per hit. Average units only have 55 cohesion. One hit and that unit is running away. I saw this across the board with damage done, cohesion done being very high, thus short battles and high losses.

So though AGEOD has been attempting to bring those casualties down over the last 5 months, it was looking at the models that drove me to these changes. The same ARTY now does 15 cohesion. I looked at EAW, which also has long battle times, and use it as the model for this.

BruceASinger@gmail.com
Captain

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:18 am

vicberg wrote:Art replacement were brought down to lowest common denominator. The generic replacements are a challenge to work with. The largest art unit requires 16 replacement chits to replace a single element. But now the art repl chits align with all the varying build costs

I know that units that are down elements at the begining of the game don't show in the "Missing Elements" field. As long as these Art Replacments are going into units, I don't mind building them. In 40 turns I had built ~100 more Art Replacments than I did in 138 turns in the original game. I just wanted to be sure they were not going into the "ether."

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:39 am

They are. We've tested that out already. It requires a LOT of Arty replacements now.

The problem with "generic" replacements is that you either make cheap units too expensive to replace or expensive units too cheap to replace. So the lower denominator solves that.

colonelflag
Conscript

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:03 am

Hi Vicberg,

Great mod. I really like it so far. How do I turn off "debug" mode however ?

Cheers
Colonelflag

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:45 am

colonelflag wrote:Hi Vicberg,

Great mod. I really like it so far. How do I turn off "debug" mode however ?

Cheers
Colonelflag

From the main menu options.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:48 am

I tried the mod and got it working partly, I messed the installation, I am not very good with installations.

oho
Corporal

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Enjoying your mod very much until now in SP-mode,started June 1805 as French, big thanks!
Need some advice how your mod works. I’m in October 1805 and just conquered Vienna and having a corps in the area. My army is around Vienna, some Russian/Austrian troops in nearby areas. I hope I can fire Pressburg soon or is there another restriction?
All Bavarian towns have a french flag. Does this mean, that they act as depots for my army and I don’t have to build depots myself?
Where should I send my troops before winter after Pressburg/Peace treaty with Austria to avoid too much attrition.
Into Bavarian towns or into French towns or into French areas?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Take Wien and you can fire Pressburg. I build a depot in between Ulm and Ravensburg. This insures you can winter even in Austria. Check though. Having multiple corp in the same foreign city can eventually cause supply issues. I have 3 corp in same city in northern Bavaria in winter. In 2 months, I started seeing "slight" supply issues but they continued so I was forced to start separating them. A corp in Austria, 1 in Bavaria. 1 in Northern Bavaria should be fine. Just go slow on movements. You don't need to rush the entire army out at once.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:37 pm

RebelYell wrote:I tried the mod and got it working partly, I messed the installation, I am not very good with installations.

If you have issues, just post. I've fixed a few for people.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:26 pm

vicberg wrote:If you have issues, just post. I've fixed a few for people.

I dont know what I messed as everything else was there but the control of the vassals, what should I control from the start?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Switzerland and Kingdom of Italy

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:22 pm

vicberg wrote:Switzerland and Kingdom of Italy

Should I see some troops in the recruitment panel?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Ok, what mod have your started? Aug or Jan. I need to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Also, yes, but they will almost same color as France. You'll need to scroll through and they will have Italian, Switzerland...etc..

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:53 pm

vicberg wrote:Ok, what mod have your started? Aug or Jan. I need to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Also, yes, but they will almost same color as France. You'll need to scroll through and they will have Italian, Switzerland...etc..

January, I deleted the installation so cant check anymore.

I will try again tomorrow I think.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:58 pm

I just started a new game and the Swiss and Italian infantry are there. Don't forget to set MODPATH.INI in order to point at the mod files.

oho
Corporal

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 pm

vicberg wrote:Take Wien and you can fire Pressburg. I build a depot in between Ulm and Ravensburg. This insures you can winter even in Austria. Check though. Having multiple corp in the same foreign city can eventually cause supply issues. I have 3 corp in same city in northern Bavaria in winter. In 2 months, I started seeing "slight" supply issues but they continued so I was forced to start separating them. A corp in Austria, 1 in Bavaria. 1 in Northern Bavaria should be fine. Just go slow on movements. You don't need to rush the entire army out at once.

I can't fire pressburg. Is only posession of vienna a criteria?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:28 pm

You have the event and fire it and nothing happens? You have 75 elements in Austria? And you own Wien, both region and city? If answer is yes to all, then zip your script output for the turn and post here so I can see what happened.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:35 am

I am giving up my 'base' game and going back to your mod. Tomorrow. Cannot deal with supply issues and loosing another year due to starvation. Plus the battles lasted longer, and more realistic.

oho
Corporal

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:49 am

I have all the criteria you mentioned but I don't see the Pressburg Event. I Don't have any Decree available.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 am

Kev_uk wrote:I am giving up my 'base' game and going back to your mod. Tomorrow. Cannot deal with supply issues and loosing another year due to starvation. Plus the battles lasted longer, and more realistic.

Yep I might try it tonight.... getting fed up with having to time peace treaties like they are the starter for a sprint : "ok, I crushed the bastards, now I need to move some troops out, sign peace aaaaaannnndddd Go Go Go, run for the hills before starvation !!!".

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:59 pm

oho wrote:I have all the criteria you mentioned but I don't see the Pressburg Event. I Don't have any Decree available.

Check very carefully because there can be up to 15 government decrees. It will say Offer Peace to Austria and it tends to be towards the end. If you still can't find it, post your latest turn script output file and I'll find out what happened.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:24 pm

vicberg, if you do the installation right, you should have an ED folder in the main directory, right? I'm asking because in the first version of the zip, it created the ED folder like that, I believe (could be misremembering). To be specific, I created a separate game copy for your mod, which I called WoN ED (the name of the topmost, main directory). IIRC, I unzipped (just double-clicked on it) the first version as .../Won ED/ED.zip and it created .../WoN ED/ED.

Now I unzip (double-click) the latest version and it creates the ED folder under ED.zip (afaics).

If you would, can you clarify this procedure and what the results are supposed to be?

Thx - GS.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:37 pm

The final result should look like this. ED is in the main directory along with the base game directory (and game files). You won't have EDDev as that's the directory I test against for my development and so I don't screw up the main ED folder if I make a mistake.

[ATTACH]38473[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-21 06_35_13-Wars of Napoleon.png

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Well, as far as I can tell, the present ED.zip is unzipping the ED folder underneath itself, and not into the main directory. Could be mistaken. I had to C&P ED and its contents to the main folder, which, I believe, is what the unzip is supposed to obviate.

Thanks, anyway, for your response.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]

-Daniel Webster

RULES

(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

What I think a number of people are doing is creating a ED folder, placing the zip file into that and then unzipping from there, which will create an ED/ED, which doesn't work. If you place the ED.ZIP into Wars of Napoleon and unzip from there, all is good

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:37 pm

I could have not been looking at the folder rightly. It seems like it might take a moment or two to display the ED directory icon in the main directory.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

oho
Corporal

Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:53 pm

I dont habe any decisions on the screen, already From the sstart.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:24 pm

First turn you won't. Second turn they show up.

Return to “WON Mods”