vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Looks like the supply RGD card issue isn't fixed. The AI is still building them like crazy. Sigh

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 am

vicberg wrote:Looks like the supply RGD card issue isn't fixed. The AI is still building them like crazy. Sigh

I just don't understand why it even exists ! We should just build depots using the old fashioned Order with a supply unit in the stack... Sometimes those RGDS are more of an extra layer of confusion than a plus...

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu May 12, 2016 6:42 pm

New release deployed and installation instructions and link scattered throughout this thread.

Changes
- Fixed a bad Saxony changes sides event that caused Saxony to change sides for no reason
- Put more fixes in for the AI Building Supply depots everywhere using the RGD Supply Depot card (untested). Hopefully, the AI will be contained.

Pocus

Fri May 13, 2016 8:57 am

Did you report that in the Help Improve subforum? We can tweak the parameters and have the AI build depots more intelligently with the RGD. She often fail when there is a need of troops in a particular region.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you value at least a bit WON then you should redeem your Steam key at the Matrix Customer Area and put a quick review with a thumb up (that's the most important part, paradoxically), as we got some heavy flak from a few people and it puts the game in the red, review wise.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Clerc
Private

Fri May 13, 2016 12:09 pm

I am pretty interested to try out ED as it seems harder to play and more historically accurate. i've installed WON in french (my native language). Do i need to reinstall it in english in order to play your mod ?
Regards.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Yes, I haven't done much with the Strings yet. I haven't gotten them translated. In truth, there only a handful of new strings, so you can play in French if you wish.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Pocus wrote:Did you report that in the Help Improve subforum? We can tweak the parameters and have the AI build depots more intelligently with the RGD. She often fail when there is a need of troops in a particular region.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you value at least a bit WON then you should redeem your Steam key at the Matrix Customer Area and put a quick review with a thumb up (that's the most important part, paradoxically), as we got some heavy flak from a few people and it puts the game in the red, review wise.

You aren't hijacking at all. I'm trying everything to get the AI to NOT build RGD Supply Depots at all. I just got a report that what I'm doing has improved but not totally resolved the situation.

However, I haven't posted on the sub-forum yet because I opened up the RGD Supply Depot card a bit more than base game. It's playable in a few more areas.

I'll go ahead and post on the improve sub-forum and see if I copy whatever you add.

I currently have

AIImprovedCalc = -10

and that has helped but not totally fixed yet.

Clerc
Private

Sat May 14, 2016 11:34 am

Sorry for my question but to understand well i need to ask you. I really want to give a try to your mod but if i understood correctly what you explained page 1 of this thread : For a single player game, France is unbeatable until version 2 of this mod is released ? ... At the moment playing France is not very interesting ? For a better challenge the player needs to choose England or another major nation ? Am i right ?
otherwise : for a challenging experience, which nation is the best to choose at the moment ?
Regards

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat May 14, 2016 1:23 pm

France is best. I'd suggest August start as that's a bit more challenging.

It's a LONG game so play away. At some point soon, once I get this darn Supply RGD card issue with the AI under control, I'll focus more on the AI. What I'm going to add is in 1810+, some trigger event (yet to be determined) will cause all major powers to declare war on France. So France will need to hold out for a minimum of 3 years, possibly more.

Also, if you don't do the Spanish events that put France at War with Spain, you'll lose 100 NM and 2000 VP! So that's challenge by itself.

Start playing and wait for a new full release (not just bug fixes).

Clerc
Private

Sat May 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Thanks for your answer :)

vicberg wrote:France is best. I'd suggest August start as that's a bit more challenging (...) Start playing and wait for a new full release (not just bug fixes).

Of course the new state of the mod you're planning to provide to us soon will be save compatible ?

vicberg wrote: At some point soon, once I get this darn Supply RGD card issue with the AI under control, I'll focus more on the AI

In between does i apply the 19-Build Depot.zip ?

zooter
Captain

Mon May 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Its 1807 and I noticed Belgium has popped up on the Foreign Ministry table, but not on the map?
Also I want to go to war with Prussia but can't, on the treaties in effect table I have indefinite access with them but nothing about a peace treaty or the number of turns until it expires. I have gotten CB's and been able to declare war from the Foreign Ministry table but nothing happens. One time one unit attacked a Prussian unit but then after that we were at peace.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 17, 2016 1:14 am

zooter wrote:Its 1807 and I noticed Belgium has popped up on the Foreign Ministry table, but not on the map?
Also I want to go to war with Prussia but can't, on the treaties in effect table I have indefinite access with them but nothing about a peace treaty or the number of turns until it expires. I have gotten CB's and been able to declare war from the Foreign Ministry table but nothing happens. One time one unit attacked a Prussian unit but then after that we were at peace.

1) Belgium showed up in Diplomacy but I'm guessing Britain didn't actually invade it in order to create it. That's the diplomacy engine. I can't do anything about that
2) I enforce peace for 48 turns AFTER you sign Tilsit. I'm assuming you did sign Tilsit. This is a work around for the diplomacy engine, which would otherwise have Prussia DOW France within a few turns of peace. So this goes both ways. France can't DOW Prussia and Prussia can't DOW France. You'll need to remember when you signed Tilsit.
3) My enforcement of peace is a work around. This means that the events are enforcing it, so it's possible to DOW, do a move and the events come last and enforce peace. There's nothing I can do about this. I can always remove the enforcement of peace, but that means that the treaty will be torn up in turns. France receives money, war supplies and horses from this treaty and Prussia losses the equivalent amount. So it's in France's interest to keep the peace. This transfer of assets happens every 12 turns after peace. Prussia's economy is hurt because of it, so it keeps Prussia down.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 17, 2016 1:20 am

Clerc wrote:Thanks for your answer :)

Of course the new state of the mod you're planning to provide to us soon will be save compatible ?

In between does i apply the 19-Build Depot.zip ?

You can save it at any time. I'm not following you.

Still trying to fix the AI on the Supply Depot. Download this into ed/gamedata/rgndecisions and replace what's there.

[ATTACH]38909[/ATTACH]
Attachments
19-Build Depot.zip
(502 Bytes) Downloaded 262 times

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 17, 2016 9:53 am

vicberg wrote:1) Belgium showed up in Diplomacy but I'm guessing Britain didn't actually invade it in order to create it. That's the diplomacy engine. I can't do anything about that
2) I enforce peace for 48 turns AFTER you sign Tilsit. I'm assuming you did sign Tilsit. This is a work around for the diplomacy engine, which would otherwise have Prussia DOW France within a few turns of peace. So this goes both ways. France can't DOW Prussia and Prussia can't DOW France. You'll need to remember when you signed Tilsit.
3) My enforcement of peace is a work around. This means that the events are enforcing it, so it's possible to DOW, do a move and the events come last and enforce peace. There's nothing I can do about this. I can always remove the enforcement of peace, but that means that the treaty will be torn up in turns. France receives money, war supplies and horses from this treaty and Prussia losses the equivalent amount. So it's in France's interest to keep the peace. This transfer of assets happens every 12 turns after peace. Prussia's economy is hurt because of it, so it keeps Prussia down.

You are doing it right, in those times it wasn't a free for all computer game type of optimization, peace treaties were enforced, etc.. there is nothing worse than in vanilla beating Austria, doing Pressburg and have Austria DOW you or Bavaria (forcing you to counter Dow) just a few turns later..

zooter
Captain

Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Ok, thanks. I understand. I remember now that you told me about the 48 turns, just forgot.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 20, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Vicberg, I was playing your mod a bit last night and fired the RHC event in may 1806 once I had saved the 400 EPs. At this time I was at war with Prussia and Russia, having Pressburged Austria, and Prussia itself was at war with Wurtemberg having occupied Stuttgart. When the event fired I annexed automatically all planned states (Baden, Berg, Nassau, RHC, Bavaria, Hessen) but Wurttemberg who remained independent and at war with Prussia. Now I don't know why this happened, whether it was because Wurtemberg was 1/ At war with Prussia or 2/ had provinces occupied by Prussia. So What I did was go back one turn and keep playing without firing the event straightaway until I cleared Wurtemberg of Prussian troops. unfortunately I fired the Hannover annexation unwittingly when I brought too many troops up there fighting the Prussians, so It will have to wail a while, but I'll let you know if the prussian occupation was the culprit when I have the 400 EPs again.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 20, 2016 10:57 am

Another point, my computer isn't slow by any means, but battles have really massively slowed down with your mod, I think you might have gone a tad too far in your modifications to the battle engine, turn resolution really can be very very long now when many battles are happening !

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 20, 2016 2:32 pm

veji1 wrote:Hi Vicberg, I was playing your mod a bit last night and fired the RHC event in may 1806 once I had saved the 400 EPs. At this time I was at war with Prussia and Russia, having Pressburged Austria, and Prussia itself was at war with Wurtemberg having occupied Stuttgart. When the event fired I annexed automatically all planned states (Baden, Berg, Nassau, RHC, Bavaria, Hessen) but Wurttemberg who remained independent and at war with Prussia. Now I don't know why this happened, whether it was because Wurtemberg was 1/ At war with Prussia or 2/ had provinces occupied by Prussia. So What I did was go back one turn and keep playing without firing the event straightaway until I cleared Wurtemberg of Prussian troops. unfortunately I fired the Hannover annexation unwittingly when I brought too many troops up there fighting the Prussians, so It will have to wail a while, but I'll let you know if the prussian occupation was the culprit when I have the 400 EPs again.

Yes, I've seen Wurtemberg taken by the Prussians and yes, to support Multi-Player, minors conquered by other majors won't suddenly switch from underneath them.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Yes, battles can be very long. I may play around with adjusting combat numbers again. I'm liking the results so far, but the engine is slow and then memory gets chewed up making resolution slow.

Clerc
Private

Fri May 20, 2016 5:15 pm

error

Clerc
Private

Mon May 23, 2016 11:26 am

Does Denmark and Sweden are minors in this mod ?
I mean can France (or GB, Russia, Prussia...) annex them totally for 1000 gold and 100 EP each ?
It could be a way to get easily a Navy and fleets.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Clerc wrote:Does Denmark and Sweden are minors in this mod ?
I mean can France (or GB, Russia, Prussia...) annex them totally for 1000 gold and 100 EP each ?
It could be a way to get easily a Navy and fleets.

I don't think so, I haven't tried it but I think Vicberg had to specifically create the script for each minor and only used it for "smallish" minors

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello Vicberg, I've noticed that the very long battles take place particularly when assaulting a city, there might be an arty loop with fort batteries or something, but city assaults really do take a long time.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 28, 2016 1:38 pm

hello Vicberg, When one creates the duchy of Warsaw, no polish units appear in the recruitment panel. Is this wad ?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 28, 2016 6:10 pm

So a couple of things I have noticed :
- When you annex Hannover the 2 hannovrian elite brigades you already have never fill out in terms of infantry
- the polish lancers never fill out + when you create Warsaw you don't get their force pool and their forces don't fill out past 4 infantry elements in the first turn.

There might a few glitches in the annexation events in terms of granting one the force pool of said country !

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun May 29, 2016 4:26 pm

The Spanish Ulcer event is a total deal breaker for me. Some of your ideas like annexation of minors are interesting but this breaks our ability to play the what-if situation of Napoleon not replacing the Spanish royal family. A shame some of the better ideas don't make it into the game. One thing missing is getting minors to be included in peace deals like Pressburg.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sun May 29, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm not quite following your post. In the MOD, Spanish Ulcer is optional. If France doesn't replace the royal family, then they lose 2000 VP and 100 NM. If France does replace the royal family, then they get into a slug fest in Spain. If Britain goes into Portugal and France responds by moving into Spain, Spanish resentment against the France will grow causing a couple of rebellions over time leading to Charles abdication. At that point, France has the choice to replace the royal family or not (and suffer the NM/VP loss).

So what's the deal breaker? The way the base game works or the mod?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 30, 2016 8:51 am

vicberg wrote:I'm not quite following your post. In the MOD, Spanish Ulcer is optional. If France doesn't replace the royal family, then they lose 2000 VP and 100 NM. If France does replace the royal family, then they get into a slug fest in Spain. If Britain goes into Portugal and France responds by moving into Spain, Spanish resentment against the France will grow causing a couple of rebellions over time leading to Charles abdication. At that point, France has the choice to replace the royal family or not (and suffer the NM/VP loss).

So what's the deal breaker? The way the base game works or the mod?

I think your base reasoning is very sound in the Spanish ulcer matter, If you did what he wanted you would just allow the french not to ever bother about Spain.

Tyr
Corporal

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Playing the Jan. 1805 campaign: Why is (the Palace of) Versailles (region adjacent to Paris) owned by Prussia at the start of the game? I think Napoleon might take issue with the Prussians owning his imperial palace.

Just wanted to share that bug, Vic.

PhilThib

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:23 am

Hopefully this is a mod, not the vanilla version...and FYI Napoleon never used Versailles as his palace...you can name Le Louvre (Paris), la Malmaison (NW of Paris) or Fontainebleau (SE of paris) but never Versailles (SW of Paris).

Return to “WON Mods”