Zenvaro
Lieutenant

RUS under EAW Engine

Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:51 am

Hi all. If you know anything about the World War 1, then you probably know that the revolution and civil war in Russia had a significant influence on its course. Why not consider this interesting period of history on a newer and more stable engine (Compared to RUS). This mod will be based on my mod for RUS Gold - Sons of war. However, in addition to transferring what has already been done, many changes are planned in the gameplay itself, new visual design, new events, new features thanks to EAW. And of course, your suggestions are welcome.

Nikel

Re: RUS under EAW Engine

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:46 am

Welcome back Zenvaro :)

If I may ask, what happened with the project of a possible new engine?

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:49 am

Nikel wrote:Welcome back Zenvaro :)

If I may ask, what happened with the project of a possible new engine?

Unfortunately, there was not enough time, motivation and energy. In addition, I suddenly discovered that the TEAW version of the engine is more stable and has almost enough tools for all my tasks. And unlike that project, work on the current mod is in full swing.

Nikel

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:52 am

Well, energy and motivation, you have!

I wish you the best with the new step in the Russian Civil War mod.

And keep us posted with your progress. :hat:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am

Nikel wrote:Well, energy and motivation, you have!

I wish you the best with the new step in the Russian Civil War mod.

And keep us posted with your progress. :hat:

Thank You! I will definitely share progress and screenshots :)

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:05 pm

New fonts, new Battle Report.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:08 pm

New Combat Gauge and large color portraits

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:31 pm

Combi units panel updated. Up to 20 units in division. Placing new units from bottom to top, from left to right.

Nikel

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:35 pm

Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

Though I do not like that font, looks like too big and difficult to read :sherlock:

Bohémond

Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:30 pm

Congrats for the mod !

Please continue posting screenshots and do not hesitate if you have any questions.

Regards

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:52 am

Nikel wrote:Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

Though I do not like that font, looks like too big and difficult to read :sherlock:

Hmm, it's a bit surprising that these fonts are hard to read. I added them because they look more authentic than the standard Arial. Perhaps I'll add a file with old fonts for those who don't like the new ones.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:22 am

Bohémond wrote:Congrats for the mod !

Thank you so much!

Bohémond wrote:Please continue posting screenshots and do not hesitate if you have any questions.

To be honest, I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there a way to transfer control of certain units from one faction to another?
I know about the command AbsorbFaction. But sometimes It's too clumsy. For example if I need to transfer only RED Tag units I have to move them to some non playable area, then use AbsorbFaction on this area and then move this units to some region that belongs to their new owner. Is there more simple way?

2. As I understood we can use only 4 main factions by using this:
Side1 = FAC1&FAC2
Side2 = FAC2&FAC3
And all another factions will be minor. Correct?

3. We have an icon indicating that the game has been saved for a specific faction. In this case it is an envelope.
I noticed that if minors are registered on the side, then the icon appears only when saving for the last minor.
Example 1: Side1 = FAC1
Icon apears when you save as FAC1.
Example 2: Side1 = FAC1;FAC2
Now this icon apears when you save ONLY as FAC2, but it's located still near FAC1 picture.
Example 3: Side1 = FAC1;FAC2;FAC3
Now this icon apears when you save ONLY as FAC3, but it's located still near FAC1 picture.
As I understood this icons appear in reverse order.
For example we have Side1 = FAC1;FAC2;FAC3 and we wrote down the coordinates for the icons Icon1, Icon2, Icon3 respectively. We expect, that Icon1 will apear when we save as FAC1, Icon2 - FAC2, Icon3 - FAC3.
But in real we see that Icon1 appers when we save as FAC3, Icon2 - FAC2 and Icon3 - FAC1.
If we will use only Side1 = FAC1;FAC2 icons will change ther "loyalty" and then we will have Icon1 when FAC2 and Icon2 when FAC1
Is this a bug or I don't understand how it works?

Bohémond

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:16 pm

1. Is there a way to transfer control of certain units from one faction to another?
I know about the command AbsorbFaction. But sometimes It's too clumsy. For example if I need to transfer only RED Tag units I have to move them to some non playable area, then use AbsorbFaction on this area and then move this units to some region that belongs to their new owner. Is there more simple way?

There 2 ScriptsCommand dealing with specifiic units tranfer (TakeOverUnits, GetBackUnits)

Example from Pocus eplanation

a CSA script:
This one takes GBR units from Fort Frontenac and give them to CSA, at Richmond.

Actions
SelectRegion = $Frontenac_UC
SelectSubUnits = Region;FactionTags GBR

SelectFaction = CSA
SelectRegion = $Richmond_VA
TakeOverUnits = PerUnit
EndEvent

and the reverse (give back the units and place them back at Quebec)

a GBR script:

Actions
SelectRegion = $Richmond_VA
SelectSubUnits = Region $Richmond_VA;EveryOne

SelectFaction = GBR
SelectRegion = $Quebec_LC
GetBackUnits = Region
EndEvent

Hope it helps

Bohémond

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:26 pm

2. As I understood we can use only 4 main factions by using this:
Side1 = FAC1&FAC2
Side2 = FAC2&FAC3
And all another factions will be minor. Correct?

From then AGEwiki

Side1
Syntax

Side1 = FactionAlias[; FactionAlias]*
Description

List of the factions on side 1 (this is a purely cosmetic information displayed in the scenario info screen. It has no gameplay purpose other than this one). Independent from a selected faction.

So you can set whatever factions with Side1, Side2 no impact on Major/Minor settings

Bohémond

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:35 pm

3. We have an icon indicating that the game has been saved for a specific faction. In this case it is an envelope.
I noticed that if minors are registered on the side, then the icon appears only when saving for the last minor.
Example 1: Side1 = FAC1
Icon apears when you save as FAC1.
Example 2: Side1 = FAC1;FAC2
Now this icon apears when you save ONLY as FAC2, but it's located still near FAC1 picture.
Example 3: Side1 = FAC1;FAC2;FAC3
Now this icon apears when you save ONLY as FAC3, but it's located still near FAC1 picture.
As I understood this icons appear in reverse order.
For example we have Side1 = FAC1;FAC2;FAC3 and we wrote down the coordinates for the icons Icon1, Icon2, Icon3 respectively. We expect, that Icon1 will apear when we save as FAC1, Icon2 - FAC2, Icon3 - FAC3.
But in real we see that Icon1 appers when we save as FAC3, Icon2 - FAC2 and Icon3 - FAC1.
If we will use only Side1 = FAC1;FAC2 icons will change ther "loyalty" and then we will have Icon1 when FAC2 and Icon2 when FAC1
Is this a bug or I don't understand how it works?

Did you modify the GuiLoadGame.pas/. dfm file ?
If so could you post it ? Maybe there is a mistmatch in assets position

Nikel

Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:31 pm

Zenvaro wrote:
Nikel wrote:Hmm, it's a bit surprising that these fonts are hard to read. I added them because they look more authentic than the standard Arial. Perhaps I'll add a file with old fonts for those who don't like the new ones.

You are right in that the font has a "touch", perhaps it is the size what is distorting it.

Anyway read better Bohemod's posts than mine :wacko:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:09 am

Bohémond wrote:There 2 ScriptsCommand dealing with specifiic units tranfer (TakeOverUnits, GetBackUnits)
Hope it helps

These are really very useful commands! Although it can sometimes be inconvenient that transferred troops must necessarily be moved to some region, rather than remaining where they were before the transfer. But these are completely solvable problems if desired. Thank you very much!

Bohémond wrote:List of the factions on side 1 (this is a purely cosmetic information displayed in the scenario info screen. It has no gameplay purpose other than this one). Independent from a selected faction.
So you can set whatever factions with Side1, Side2 no impact on Major/Minor settings

Yes, I understand, but the difference (really cosmetic) is that Majors can be highlighted when place the cursor on them, while Minors are not. That was the whole question. Overall not a critical problem.

Bohémond wrote:Did you modify the GuiLoadGame.pas/. dfm file ?

Yes, I modified it.
But the reason why I asked the question is that this error is not only mine, it is also presented in WON without changes. It turns out that it can be written that btnOrders1 contains coordinates near btnSide1Fac1.
1. Everything will work well if Side1 does not have a Minor.
2. If there is at least btnSide1Fac2, then btnOrders1 will be displayed only when saved as btnSide1Fac2, and btnOrders1 will still be displayed near btnSide1Fac1.
If we will add btnOrders2 for btnSide1Fac2 and it will be located near btnSide1Fac2 then in 1. case everything will be still ok, but in 2. case btnOrders1 will be displayed for btnSide1Fac2 near btnSide1Fac1, and btnOrders2 will be displayed for btnSide1Fac1 near btnSide1Fac2. This is what I meant by reverse sequence.

Bohémond

Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:03 pm

Zenvaro wrote:
Bohémond wrote:There 2 ScriptsCommand dealing with specifiic units tranfer (TakeOverUnits, GetBackUnits)
Hope it helps

These are really very useful commands! Although it can sometimes be inconvenient that transferred troops must necessarily be moved to some region, rather than remaining where they were before the transfer. But these are completely solvable problems if desired. Thank you very much!

Bohémond wrote:List of the factions on side 1 (this is a purely cosmetic information displayed in the scenario info screen. It has no gameplay purpose other than this one). Independent from a selected faction.

Yes, I understand, but the difference (really cosmetic) is that Majors can be highlighted when place the cursor on them, while Minors are not. That was the whole question. Overall not a critical problem.

Bohémond wrote:Did you modify the GuiLoadGame.pas/. dfm file ?

Yes, I modified it.
But the reason why I asked the question is that this error is not only mine, it is also presented in WON without changes. It turns out that it can be written that btnOrders1 contains coordinates near btnSide1Fac1.
1. Everything will work well if Side1 does not have a Minor.
2. If there is at least btnSide1Fac2, then btnOrders1 will be displayed only when saved as btnSide1Fac2, and btnOrders1 will still be displayed near btnSide1Fac1.
If we will add btnOrders2 for btnSide1Fac2 and it will be located near btnSide1Fac2 then in 1. case everything will be still ok, but in 2. case btnOrders1 will be displayed for btnSide1Fac2 near btnSide1Fac1, and btnOrders2 will be displayed for btnSide1Fac1 near btnSide1Fac2. This is what I meant by reverse sequence.

I can have a look at minor factions display issue, I will need a copy of your game.
You can send me a download link via PM.

Do not hesitate if you have more questions, it provides some tools for my own mods :blink:

Regards

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 pm

I realized that there can still only be 3 Orders if there are 3 sides (two allies and one enemy). You can add 4 side as an ally to the enemy and then you can make 4 Orders. But you can't add more. When adding more Orders, errors will appear in the form of non-disappearing Orders that are always displayed on the screen and their placement is still incorrect. I think it’s unnecessary to throw away any version of the game, since this can be seen in the example of absolutely any new game like WON.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:12 pm

New pics for choosing faction.
Last edited by Zenvaro on Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:16 pm

Transfered regional decisions from RUS to the advanced regional decisions panel. I added a couple of new ones, but this is just a draft and I’m thinking of introducing many more different decisions.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:10 pm

I understand that this is probably not the place for such topics, but, as a citizen of Russia, I cannot remain silent and not say. They killed Navalny! They killed not just a person, they tried to kill an idea, kill the hope for freedom. And they will die for this in the most painful way.

Nikel

Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:41 pm

Yes, perhaps the thread will be blocked.

But if you allow me to comment, it is the russian people who allow the presence of a butcher and his cronies in the kremlin.

Edit: I fully agree with S. Radchenko article.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/rus ... h-navalny/

Mark Galeotti video/analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRUoVlScjWM

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:52 pm

50 New leader portrets are already ready

Nikel

Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:21 pm

They look great Zenvaro :)

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:39 pm

Slightly updated replenishment menu. Plus new flags.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:49 pm

Updated model detail tab.

Pocus

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:10 am

It's a difficult time for progressist people indeed.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:32 pm

Pocus wrote:It's a difficult time for progressist people indeed.

I completely agree and thank you.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:34 pm

Events icons number was increased to 17. There are 11 on screenshot only for example. Also a slightly updated look for events with correct text border adjustments.

Return to “EAW Mods”