MarkusBergmann
Conscript

Re: To End All Wars Mod - Ultimate Enhancement Mod

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:43 am

Hello All,

maybe someone can help me.
I downloaded the mod and followed the instructions and placed it in the EAW folder, but it never asked me to overwrite the modpath.ini file.
The original modpath file is empty and after looking into the mod folder i did not find a modpath file in it either.
I did rename the .txt file and changed it to .exe file, but all it does is load the vanilla version of the game.
I'd love to play the mod and would really appreciate any help.
I'm almost thinking that the upload might be missing the modpath file and thats the whole issue here, so maybe someone can post the contents of the modpath file here so i can copy/paste it?
Loving the game, my favorite at the moment, but want to play it pbem with more the 3 other players.
Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks in advance

W8taminute
Conscript

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:21 pm

You mention that you renamed the .txt file to .exe but did you also rename the EAW folder EAW_Old and rename the EAW_Ult folder EAW?

Rick402
Civilian

Re: no serial # for me

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Altaris wrote:For Steam users, you can find your serial key in the General.opt file located in the EAW\Settings\ directory under you game installation directory. You'll see the serial key in this file (just search for "serial").

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

yes i did everything your instructions says here to a T. there is no serial number, that i can see. and i cant find a serial number Anywhere. i want to play this MOD. so if you could reply back ASAP, id appreciate that, have a good day, sir!

Rick402
Civilian

Re: To End All Wars Mod - Ultimate Enhancement Mod (Beta 2.12 version released!)

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:11 am

[quote="Altaris"]After many months of work, I have completed a beta version for a huge overhaul of EAW, with the end goal of making the war as close to a WW1 simulation as the AGEOD engine can manage. The mod can be downloaded at the link below. Extract the contents of the RAR file into your "End All Wars" folder (typically located under C:\Games\End All Wars on Windows 7/8 machines). You will be prompted on whether to overwrite the ModPath.ini file, say Yes when prompted (the ModPath.ini file can be opened at any time in a Text editor like NotePad, simply switch the text in the file back to EAW to revert to vanilla; you can later change it to EAW_ULT to play the mod). Also pay attention to the fact you have a separate EXE called EAW_ULT.exe, this is the EXE you will need to launch the game with to play this mod (continue using the standard EAW.exe if you go back to vanilla).
WHEN YOU SAY EXTRACT are you meaning unzip to that eaw file itself, or unzip to somewhere else, then moving those files over to the EAW folder and overwritting? im lost :sherlock: :crying:

Morgan
Corporal

Thu May 06, 2021 1:59 am

Has anyone been able to get the mod to work with 64-bit Windows 10? When I try to run the modded executable, I am missing DLLs, but when I try to install them, I get errors saying that they aren't compatible with the operating system.

Shri

Sun May 16, 2021 7:45 am

I am running it on Windows 10, 64 bit. the problem for me is i am not able to read the messages directly, i have to click every time on each message and see, painful and boring task.

hugeduke
Civilian

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:48 am

Can I have a access right to download ?

OfficialXTRG
Conscript

Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:31 pm

Hello!

I'd love to try this mod out for a youtube PBEM series, i'm unable to update the mod to utilize the current engine version i'm using, 1.03 with the unofficial 1.04 patch.

Is there a way to fix this? it'd be fantastic.

Some of the issues i'm encoutering is that, the ULT mod loads up TEAW Gold, and i'm unable to read anything in the message panel,

is the mod developer a game developer able to assist? or players knowlegeable? would like to resurrect this game !

Nikel

Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:05 pm

Just run 3 turns as Germany and I can read the messages.

To run the mod, I extracted it in a folder in the game folder and edited the Modpath.ini file.

Prodipmohato
Civilian

Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:49 am

Morgan wrote:Has anyone been able to get the mod to work with 64-bit Windows 10? When I try to run the modded executable, I am missing DLLs, but when I try to install them, I get errors saying that they aren't compatible with the operating system.

I had a similar issue with the mod on 64-bit Windows 10. It seems like there might be compatibility problems with the DLLs and the operating system. Have you tried running the mod in compatibility mode or reaching out to the modding community for assistance? youtubevanced

Return to “EAW Mods”