Altaris

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:35 am

Lindi wrote:Turns are now 7-days , and conscrit by nation and many other...

For me I can only said "shut up and take my money", and when ? ^^.

Just to clarify, this is not an official DLC which costs money, it is a free user mod. You do have to own the base EAW game, of course, but otherwise there is no extra charge.

Got back home earlier today, got last bug worked out. Going to test tonight and tomorrow to make sure nothing glaring jumps out, pending that being successful, should be posting a link to it tomorrow night!

ifailmore
Sergeant

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 am

can you test the ai as well???

Lindi
General

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm

:thumbsup:

Edit : Small question, for : Grand Offensives

It's you play card and can attack and same turn or need wait the next turn?

CFF
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Love it!

ifailmore
Sergeant

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:36 pm

please test if AI is working on this I could help and beta if you want I want this mod to work but I cant play MP due to time it would take to finish a campaign later on if its fully balanced then Il play some pbem

Altaris

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:21 am

ifailmore wrote:please test if AI is working on this I could help and beta if you want I want this mod to work but I cant play MP due to time it would take to finish a campaign later on if its fully balanced then Il play some pbem

Feel free to give the AI a whirl. It'll probably perform better if you play as the Centrals and let the AI play as the Entente, though. I'm just not making any claims to how effective the AI will be at this point :)

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:17 am

Altaris,

We ready to go yet?

Altaris

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:50 am

68% uploaded now :) Probably another 20 mins to go!

Altaris

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:15 am

First beta is now posted! First post of this thread has been updated with link and install instructions.

I've also set up threads for 2 PBEM game sign-ups, if you are interested in participating, please reply on one of the threads below. If there's enough interest, I may put up more.

PBEM Game #1 Sign-up
PBEM Game #2 Sign-up

Shri

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:35 am

Ben, i am ready for PBEM, do let me know. Thanks.
Germany- 1st Choice
Russia- 2nd Choice and
Austria - Reserve Choice (if both 1 & 2 are taken).
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

teep
Conscript

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:07 am

One slight issue, I am asked for a serial key which I lack due to using the Steam version.

deathsheep
Conscript

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:09 am

teep wrote:One slight issue, I am asked for a serial key which I lack due to using the Steam version.

I also was just about to post this same issue.

ifailmore
Sergeant

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:25 am

will the ai use the new sea control card as well as trench card? how do i test that ?

Shri

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:52 am

Guys, as a BETA for this mod in the pre-release stage, i would like to point out a few more things, which BEN has skipped to mention-

1. The NAVAL game is excellent, as there is a mix of Line Ships and Screens in CORPS type ship units. This changes a lot of things which base game lacked.
(basically showcasing screeners and need for protection of CAPITAL ships)
2. Also the Main fortresses in 1914 are now imperative to hold as they provide excellent defensive attributes to the owner, this is very important for the Austrians in Galicia and for France/Germany in Alsace border. (very Historical)
3. All leaders are active so do not hesitate to push and attack. (again in age of Telephone and Telegraph, very Historical).
4. Historical attacks have to be made or NM losses have to be borne, keep this in mind and calculate the units needed.
5. Officers are a big game changer in this game giving more cohesion and some anti-trench capabilities. (basically showcasing leadership)
6. The AMMO wagons, please keep note of them, tend to get depleted faster in game and replacements have to be purchased.

Highlandcharge

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 am

Those and all the enhancements Altaris listed sound excellent Shri, I have high hopes for this enhancement mod and cant wait to get started :-)

ifailmore
Sergeant

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:18 am

this are great changes i just hope the ai can or work this feature will the developers look into this please this are changes towards a better game! I jsut cant play pbem right now would love to play ai with this mods tho

Lindi
General

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Just for know, in futur do you do name for Regiment or not? (in the corps, for exemple see 22 Regiment in Canada Corps (the only french Regiment from Canada.)))

Shri

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:31 pm

deathsheep wrote:I also was just about to post this same issue.

I guess even when you buy on STEAM you should get a mail showing the serial number.

Altaris

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:45 pm

For Steam users, you can find your serial key in the General.opt file located in the EAW\Settings\ directory under you game installation directory. You'll see the serial key in this file (just search for "serial").

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

deathsheep
Conscript

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:54 pm

That method works, but I also stumbled upon another way (much more complex):

1. Download the mod and put it into the right place
2. Run steam as adminstrator
3. Verify game cache
4. Edit modpath.ini to EAW_ULT
5. Launch the game
6. Edit it back to blank in the modpath.ini file.
7. Launch the game

Now during this whole process the prompt asking for a serial key will pop up (several times even if you have not launched the game after the first try). While doing this one of the prompts randomly had the serial key already filled out so I just put it on my clipboard.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:25 pm

I did a quick test, as Austria, after I installed the mod. The supply units on their southern army are stuck in Foca (Koenig Plan). No roads....

Nostra
Corporal

Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:31 pm

the Mod just goes into the Main folder I take it?

I did just that and get plenty of "not connected searegions" error messages on load up until it then crashes.

Any Ideas?

Edit: NVM fixed it myself was the modpath.ini apparently

deathsheep
Conscript

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Why are battlecruisers weaker than armored cruisers? Fischer's purpose for fast big gun capital ships (battlecruisers) was to hunt and kill the slower under-gunned armored cruisers. At the Falklands Spee's armored cruisers had no chance but to split his force and hope for the best.

EDIT: Looking closer there is a single battlecruiser for a battlecruiser "squadron" versus four armored cruisers in a armored cruiser squadron.

Comm Cody
Civilian

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Two hours to download this thing/

Hooooo boy.

Altaris

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:25 am

TXcavalier wrote:I did a quick test, as Austria, after I installed the mod. The supply units on their southern army are stuck in Foca (Koenig Plan). No roads....

Thanks, I will fix for next version. These types of catches are indispensable!

Lindi wrote:Just for know, in futur do you do name for Regiment or not? (in the corps, for exemple see 22 Regiment in Canada Corps (the only french Regiment from Canada.)))

Right now, I have generic names for Regiments. Would be nice to give them historical names, but that may have to wait a bit.

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:06 am

I have just run a few turns to ready myself for the pbem and here are a few things I have spotted.
The West Indies fleet commanded by Wemyss cannot be put into the intercept fleets mode. Even if you take the two units away from him they can't use this order, it says something about no combat squadrons.
Is it WAD that the BEF are listed as reservist elements? It looks wrong, they were far from reservists........
Ammo production looks like it starts at a later date. The fleets only have a limited stockpile of ammo though, could be problematic later. A fleet is using 40-60% of it's ammo in a single engagement.
The British also have a few medium artillery units, in Aden, Australia and Mombassa, but no ammo for them to fire.
All of the structures inside the cities have no numbers to say how much they produce.
The British navy starts out with a lot of units missing elements but no way to fill them. There are no ships represented on the F2 page of the ledger. Is this WAD? When you lose them they are gone, you have to build more from scratch? Or can you buy replacements at a later date?
The marine corps unit starts out understrength with one element of marines. It then receives replacement but these are all "Infantry regiment" types. (Shouldn't these elements be used for the BEF?)

Edit
The tooltip for the ability that aircraft have, the "Artillerist" ability, gives a bonus to med and heavy artillery of the stack. It says this in the first part of the tooltip. It then says that the ability applies to all elements of the unit that the element is in. This means that it doesn't work for the whole stack though, it just works for the unit.

I am looking forward to giving this mod a play though Ben, it looks like you have put a lot of work and thought into it. :thumbsup:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Shri

Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:10 am

@Ebbingford,
Having done some BETA testing for this mod, will try to answer a bit..

All REGIMENTS irrespective of Guards or BEF start as reservists only, the difference is in the "experience *s".
AMMO is very less for all nations, Germans have a slight historical edge, but even Austria is woefully short on AMMO, to say nothing about Russia.
Navies have AMMO for 1, at most 2 battles at-most, again very Historical. AMMO shortage was expanded into the "SHELL CRISIS" in all nations in early 1915.
In England due to relatively open press it was leaked to the public, but even Ludendorff has written pre-Gorlice Tarnow of 30 shells and 50 shells per heavy gun (measly amounts).
All Marine and Mountain corps are portrayed with 1 marine/mountain regiment + light artillery + infantry + officers.
The production numbers are an issue, when we (me and BEN were playing) we had once resorted to a "EXCEL SHEET", a bit difficult, but after playing a few rounds you can guess it.
Ships are having 999 replacements, unless BEN has changed it in this final version if you put a ship on G/G and in a BIG NAVAL base connected to your capital after 2/3 turns it will gain elements automatically at some minor cost in GOLD/WSU and it will take anywhere between 60 and 600 days for the ship element to be completed.

Hope it helps.
Shri.

Altaris

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Ships should automatically refill their ammo when at a harbor with supply (I'll have to double-check this to make sure it's working properly, haven't really looked at the naval stuff much in the last week or so). Other units using munitions (medium/heavy/super heavy artillery) will need Munitions Trains with munitions units in them to refill their ammo between battles. As Munitions get used up, the munitions elements start to disappear, meaning you will run into shell shortages eventually. To refill the Munitions units, you need to move them to a depot to replace their lost elements. So you do have to stockpile munitions where you need them. Medium/Heavy Artillery is crucial for making progress against heavily entrenched units, so these logistics will be important, esp. on the Western Front.

The "Reserve Regiments" at game start typically are Line Infantry, but I set the units up so that if/when the elements are destroyed, they get replaced by reservists (which have to be trained up by the Officers in the Corps - the amount of time to train up depends on the level of the Officers). I tried to get the regiments to rename properly after the initial OOB script runs, but for some reason the script command won't rename properly without messing up the element model. So for now just disregard the name, I'll have to work with Pocus on what's going on with the rename part of the AlterCuSubUnit script.

I'll check on the aircraft ability, I think I changed that but may have forgotten to update the tooltip.

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Shri.
I just think the BEF looks wrong listed as reservists when there are regular infantry elements in play.
I see ammo is getting produced, but is just not shown in stockpiles or getting moved or produced in the supply filter tooltip. These all show 0 for ammo.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Altaris

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Ammo doesn't get produced in the mod like it does in vanilla. Instead, there is a Munitions resource (this is what's reflected at the top of the screen). It's exactly the same as any other resource like money/conscripts/WSU, etc. You use this resource to build Munitions replacements (from the F2 replacement screen under CMN faction) or to build new Munitions/Artillery units. So it's important to keep an eye on the F2 screen, if your Munitions replacements are 0, you won't be able to backfill Munitions as they are expended (Shell Crisis!!!) It's a bit more micro-management, but in this fashion you can stockpile munitions where you need them while still having potential issues of shell shortages, which was difficult to do in the vanilla system. If you want to have a big stock of munitions on hand for prolonged offensives over many turns, make sure you stockpile the stacks with new Munitions Trains units. Each unit carries about 40 munitions, which is approximately enough for an artillery element to fire for 1 round at full ROF.

This munitions system is still relatively new (just introduced it about 2 versions of the mod ago), so it may still need tweaking. I want feedback from you guys about how quickly you start running into shell problems.

Return to “EAW Mods”