Altaris

Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:32 am

So in response to questions from the PBEM #1 thread:

1) Ebbingford, I'm still researching why you are losing artillery points.
2) Shri, re: cavalry raids, I've considered removing the destroy rail orders from units, and having destroy rail only be possible via RGDs in regions where loyalty > 50%, and there are no enemy line or cavalry units present. The chance of success would be a loyalty check in the region, so trying to destroy rail lines in enemy territory would be almost impossible, whereas a "scorched earth" of friendly territory would definitely be possible. I've thought of doing something similar in a CW2 mod sometime that would help alleviate the issue there of raiding cavalry up in the far northern states, which is completely ridiculous.

Lindi
General

Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:11 pm

For me Maybe Germany have to much Moral compare French in the begin, for the help in Fight.

If I can propose, do a event after the first years for do -10 Moral to French but do in begin war same moral. (-10 for not possible French win, just possible not lose after the begin, take Berlin in 1915 for French is not possible in normal xD)

Shri

Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Lindi wrote:For me Maybe Germany have to much Moral compare French in the begin, for the help in Fight.

If I can propose, do a event after the first years for do -10 Moral to French but do in begin war same moral. (-10 for not possible French win, just possible not lose after the begin, take Berlin in 1915 for French is not possible in normal xD)

German morale is compensated by low Turkish morale and relatively low Austrian morale. It is quite Historical actually what Altaris has done with the Morale Changes.

@ Altaris
Thanks. Railway cutting for an entire region measuring something like 100 square kilometers seems impossible in WW1 scenarios.
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

Altaris

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:34 pm

I've discovered the issue with Ebbingford's missing artillery. It's the way I'm handing field artillery in the corps units. Initially, when you build infantry, they are a "reserve" type with only infantry elements, but I use a script to convert them to a full infantry corps (containing field artillery) at the beginning of turn processing. Problem is, this seems to happen before the costs of units being built is calculated and deducted. So even though these units don't have any field artillery, the engine thinks the whole unit is being built (including the arty). You'll see that 8 artillery guns get used for each infantry corps being built.

I'm going to see what I can do to alleviate this issue, I have a few ideas. At least I know where it's occurring now.

deathsheep
Conscript

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Here are some numbers for industrialization for this mod.

Potential factories at start:
Germany: 48
Great Britain: 32
United States: 28
France: 21
Russia: 20
Italy: 12
Austria-Hungary: 11
Ottomans: 8
Belgium: 7
Netherlands: 7
Greece: 2
Bulgaria: 1
Romania: 1
Serbia: 1
Switzerland:1

Altaris

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:15 pm

deathsheep wrote:Here are some numbers for industrialization for this mod.

Looks appropriate to me. Probably could make an argument the USA and GBR could potentially mobilize a bit more but I think for historical balance its pretty good as is.

Nostra
Corporal

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:38 pm

I encountered the "Cohesion loss due to overcrowding" Issue.

Seemes to work fine when there are multiple armies present but even Hindenburg who is merely commanding his own Army with nothing else present except his own forces gets hit by it.
His Army is also far from filled to its CP maximum with 35/49 CP.
Is it intended like that? I imagine he would get crippled by constant Cohesion drain if I would put even more troops into his army.
He is currently sitting on a double railroad Hex

Shri

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:32 pm

deathsheep wrote:Here are some numbers for industrialization for this mod.

Seems perfect, the CP have about 69-70 and the WE + EE have 130.
In the war approx. 200 Billion dollars was spent, 65 by CP and rest by WE and EE, but CP gained a bit by plundering Belgium, Romania, Serbia, Russia and parts of France, so that figure of 69-70 for CP and 130 for Entente seems spot on.

Altaris

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:42 am

Nostra wrote:I encountered the "Cohesion loss due to overcrowding" Issue.

Seemes to work fine when there are multiple armies present but even Hindenburg who is merely commanding his own Army with nothing else present except his own forces gets hit by it.
His Army is also far from filled to its CP maximum with 35/49 CP.
Is it intended like that? I imagine he would get crippled by constant Cohesion drain if I would put even more troops into his army.
He is currently sitting on a double railroad Hex

It just depends on the number of elements you have in a region when a stack moves through it. If it's over a certain amount (48 for double rail, 36 for regular rail, 24 for road, 12 otherwise, IIRC), then you get a cohesion penalty of -4% each time a stack moves through it. So it compounds faster when you have a bunch of stacks and exceed the threshold. It's actually not that bad if you only have 2 stacks and you're not moving at break neck speed, since they are only 2 stacks checking. This makes sense to me, as even overcrowded areas would be much more manageable if everyone is traveling in groups.

The traffic penalties take a bit to get used to, but they work really well at keeping overcrowding in check and reasonable. The penalties aren't really that bad either, as long as you are cognizant to avoid too many stacks crossing paths. -4% cohesion recovers quickly.

Re: Hindenburg, the Eastern Front is tougher to move stacks through, so check how many elements you have. Supply and Munitions can chew up a lot of it quickly.

deathsheep
Conscript

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:56 am

Prisoners of war numbers are insane. They need to be toned down.

Altaris

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:02 am

deathsheep wrote:Prisoners of war numbers are insane. They need to be toned down.

They aren't accurate there's an extra 0 or something in the text message. Actual pows are about 10% of what message says.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:20 am

A couple of things one just a ascetic thing.

1. As I understand it the blue range of the CiC is there ability to a) promote Armies and b) provide their bonus to all stacks. Whilst I am happy that most ranges have been extended I feel that it is not really accurate. I would (if possible) see armies be able to formed without being in range of the CiC and the range be limited to b). This would mean the bonuses would only apply to those Armies in there real area of communication. I just don't see why when there were quite good communication systems why I need to be near the CiC to get these formed. Maybe out of range take 2 turns to get the Army together to simulate the time the telegraph/courier needs to get to the 3 star.

2. Is there an issue with naming new armies?

PS. Altaris, the expert game wanted 2 boxes to separate the allies and CP, so I have sent you a new dropbox invite.

Shri

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:40 am

@Altaris
Can you please check the Russians once?

The Russians have dozens of "white faced corps" denoting Armenians, Finns etc which take 3-4 times the Command Points in an army as normal, why is there a penalty so harsh?
Also any artillery gun added to a Russian army results in severe draining of command points (medium and heavy guns).
This means a Russian army is having only 2 corps instead of the 4 corps or more German army.
Can you please check this? My Armies in Warsaw and the Caucasus are case points!.

This is regarding the PBEM game 2. I need to post my ords, but will be glad if this problem is rectified, Russia is already weak (not complaining) and losing command points will make them weaker (here i do complain as it is artificial weakness).

Altaris

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm

I can't fix the Russian sub-factions without another major release. I'd say let's continue on with this as is for now. I'm really swamped with some RL items for the next week or two, so not sure how quickly I can get the new version up and ready.

Shri

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

@ Altaris

Ok. NP.
I don't think it is a major flaw, just that their sub-nationalities are not accepted by Russian commanders or something like that.
Also Russian cannon occupy too much command points once within armies.

Ebbingford

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 am

It seems like Britain can not get any replacements for GNZ infantry or GSF cavalry units.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Ebbingford

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:35 am

Rogue naval units.
The 4th armoured cruiser squadron in the British channel fleet has a power of 1600, 1980 men to each element. The other armoured cruiser squadrons only have a power of 400ish with 500 men to each ship.
On the same note when I inspect my battleship squadrons in the Grand Fleet most of the complete units that have 4 elements only have a power of 460ish. The elements that are dreadnoughts and light cruisers say that they are 1/1 ships while the destroyer elements say 4/4 ships....
Inspecting the German II fleet I see that their units that have 4 elements, dreadnought, light cruiser, and 2 destroyers all have powers that are over 1100. They also have two armoured cruiser squadrons that have over 1000 power as well as a destroyer squadron that is 900. I don't think I want to engage the Germans looking at these figures.

(Edit) I think all ship units need checking, some of the British destroyer elements in the Channel fleet say they are 29/4 ships with a crew of 1750. It looks like there is a mixture of vanilla units left in with the new units for this mod.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Ace

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:06 am

Hi guys. The link in the first post has epired.

jzachar1
Conscript

Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:21 am

I'm just curious, not pushy, if there was any suspected time for the next update on the mod? Hope all is going well!

Altaris

Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:38 am

Probably going to be a few weeks for next update, I'm really slammed with real life events at the moment, will probably be September before it really calls down enough to work on an update.

I'll re-upload the current mod later this weekend.

ashandresash
Captain

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:09 am

Altaris wrote:Probably going to be a few weeks for next update, I'm really slammed with real life events at the moment, will probably be September before it really calls down enough to work on an update.

I'll re-upload the current mod later this weekend.

Thanks for the info (and your wonderful work!). I hope everything will go fine.

Altaris

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:33 am

Link to download mod updated to a live link, see first post to download.

Ace

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Thanks Altaris.
This is awesome work.

First impressions are this has BIG potential to surpass vanilla game in every aspect.
Additonal resources suit modern warfare simulation much better that few resources available in vanilla version.
Speaking of which, state funds, conscripts and WS are changed dynamically when purchasing while others resources only show value at the begining of the turn.
Army names change to FAC_... when moving units out. Flashing of selected stack makes it impossible to see the name of selected stack. This plaged vanilla version pre-release, probably at the time you started this mod. Battleplanner troop disposition jumbled up and available plans are all pre-release.
It seems strange to see Wienna end up smaller city because of factory purchase. It doesn't hamper the gameplay, it's only strange.
I like the fact you can purchase Corps from the F11 screen with field artillery bought from the replacement screen, no need to micromanage. The fact you can chose amongst nations over factions is the best aspect of the whole thing.

NEW:
As for the requirement of minimum 20 line units in Serbia to avoid NM hit in Conrad plan, I had 16 line inf units and 4 mountain inf units in one region west of Belgrade in Serbia proper and still got the penalty. Do mountain inf count against the requirement?

NEW:
August Week 4, all Austrian objective towns have dissapeared from objective list, only Germany France and Russia still have objectives.
Number of regions in Galicia and Ruthenia show in a tooltip they have roads, but there is no road in the graphics nor I can move wheeled elements inside. So, in fact there are no roads, only the tooltip is wrong.
Stack commanded only by Potiorek has increased CP unit cost as if Potiorek is not AUS faction, he is probably still CEN faction.

NEW:
It seems to me all the little improvements that were made by Pocus in patches 0.9-1.3 are not incorporated into this mod? Can they be imported?

NEW:
New movement rules have created interesting situation. Enemy was in a province with few stacks (some with wagons and some without). After battle, they all retreated to province with no road connection (a aprovince they couldn't normally move to...)

jzachar1
Conscript

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:59 am

Is there any way to fix the resources to update themselves when using them to build units?

Hubu
Conscript

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 pm

I'd like to test this mod, but the link to DL it is broken :<

Nostra
Corporal

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Need a new Download link

ShadowofGod
Sergeant

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:47 am

Me too, I want to give this a run as soon as I can. My mouth is watering.

McNaughton

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:36 pm

I too would be keen to see this! Thanks for the hard work on this project!

Altaris

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:22 pm

I'll get an upload link up in the next few days. Been super busy of late and just haven't had time, but got a lull coming up here with the holiday weekend.

jzachar1
Conscript

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:19 am

Hey Altaris!

That is great to hear that you will have a little time to work on this project more. I think that this mod has the potential to surpass the vanilla version in every way. I was wondering if you are mainly doing this as a hobby or would be interested in receiving a little funding?

Return to “EAW Mods”