Florent

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Another improvement is to add defensive tactics in the battles. They are all set-piece battles like the Antiquity but how my 860 power men can have a chance against a 2000 or 1600... and i have to atttack ??? There is only one defensive plan with a checkerboard deployment.

But battles like Lützen, Nördlingen or Allerheim were all defensive for some leaders using sunken roads, trenches, walls or house.
In the game this is impossible...for now. :)

LoyalSoldier
Conscript

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Very enjoyable fast-moving AAR. Good balance between images and text, plus it did not get bogged down in detail.

Ripster8
Colonel

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:48 pm

LoyalSoldier, thanks for reading my AAR and for the kind comments. It was a pleasure to do, even after I had to start playing both sides!
"The Hanged Man is a representative of humanity who is found between two kingdoms - that of this world and that of heaven."

jokeon
Corporal

Excellent AAR

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you for this excellent AAR, makes me want to get the game.

Ripster8
Colonel

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Thank you, jokeon, for reading and for commenting. I recommend TYW as a unique game covering an interesting period in European history. The AI will give you a good game for a few years, and I believe Leibstandarte and his crew are working on a new patch to further improve game play. Thanks again!
"The Hanged Man is a representative of humanity who is found between two kingdoms - that of this world and that of heaven."

Ripster8
Colonel

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks to all who are continuing to read this AAR. I have read through it again and found numerous typos which I have corrected and for which I apologize. But I probably haven't found them all so I will keep at it!

Reiter.jpg
Last edited by Ripster8 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:22 am

Oh, come on Ripster8! Nobody expects even average non-biblical narrative literacy from the wicked Papists baby-killers.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition either... Just say'n.

Your Apostatical Servant
-C

Ripster8
Colonel

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Ah, Master Random, my faithful friend and foil! "Better the blows of a friend than the kisses of an enemy," says the Good Book, and so I accept your blows thankfully. Perfection is not a destination but a trajectory and I seek only to stay oriented in that direction. And besides, as you have so faithfully pointed out, expectations of me are quite low to begin with so any improvement is indeed miraculous!

That being said, I am trying to work up the energy and the confidence to start a RUS AAR. The problem with that is it will require much more effort than a TYW AAR: so many armies, such a vast field of conflict, so many moving pieces! It's enough to send a wicked Papist baby-killer back to the monastery in despair! But we shall see...in this case the flesh is willing but the spirit is weak...but I am thinking about it...

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Well Comrade Ripster8, RUS is certainly a challenge; a very deep game dealing with a complex and fascinating epoch. I trust that you could do it justice whereas I sadly, am far to pedantic and lack the wit to write compelling AAR's for public consumption. Be assured that should you embark on this road you will have at least one loyal follower.

-C

Ripster8
Colonel

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:17 am

Ripster8
Colonel

Re: A Fatal Conflagration

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Made adjustments to the attachments needed due to the move to the new AGEOD forums, corrected a few more errors (!) added translations for some non-english terms and deleted several duplicate posts. I will keep at it!

sionnach
Private

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Just wanted to thank you for this AAR too. I bought this game a while back but am only just getting around to playing it. I enjoyed reading your reports, they were very well written.

Ripster8
Colonel

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 pm

You are very welcome and thank you for the kind comments. I enjoyed writing the AAR quite a bit, especially once I got better at doing the screen shots. Every once in awhile I read through it again myself, just to see how it's holding up. So far, so good!

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 am

Yes, you did a wonderful job, I just finished reading this! Hope you do others.

Ripster8
Colonel

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:09 am

Howdy, Field Marshal Hotzendorf! Thanks for reading my AAR. I am glad you enjoyed it. I do have another AGEOD AAR in the Revolution Under Siege category called 'Not god, nor tsar nor hero...' that you may be interested in. And I really should do another AAR...maybe with the new Field of Glory - Empires Game!

Return to “TYW AARs”