Gribeauval
Sergeant

Errors found in grand campaign (v101)

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello Miguel, I have bought TYW, updated the game with version 101RC1.
I have played the bohemian revolt scenario (I lost) and I'm very enthusiastic about your game.

I have started the grand campaign as catholic today and I want to help you by listing all the small errors that I'm finding during my game (errors or things that you may have overlooked - forgive me if I make mistakes).
Here is the start of the list.

1) when I play the "contribution" card in Wien, the loyalty in Wien doesn't decrease as it should (according to the description of this RGD). Wien stays at 100% catholic despite the financial burden.

2) In the first years of war, catholic pikemen infantry can be built in 60 days. Pikemen were highly trained soldiers. It seems right.
But heavy cavalry or medium cavalry can be built in 30 days. Should not these horse units be more difficult to raise ? The cavalrymen were also highly trained soldiers. It was certainly difficult to form good cavalry units in only one month.

3) The RGD "convert to catholicism" can be played on Bremen and Mainz diplomatic boxes, despite the 101 patch.

To be continued.
Regards.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:53 pm

4) When I want to build a unit, I can display all the units that are in the construction pool or only the infantry units of the construction pool or only the cavalry units of the construction pool etc.
To filter through the units, the player must press on the button with 3 stars.
You get in order : infantry / cavalry / artillery / an "empty" class of units / support units / naval units.
I want just to mention that there is this "empty" class of units ( it is maybe the emplacement of the air units in the EAW game ??).

5) Beginning in april 1621 ( I'm not sure about the month) , I get the option to get aid from Gregory XV. This option doesn't work, even if I have plenty of EP. I have selected this option several turns, but it is not activated.
Before april 1621, this option worked perfectly.

6) The decision "Convert to catholic" doesn't require 6 turns in Muenchen. It only takes one turn (and it works quite well).

7) The game crashes when I open the construction pool and when I click on an element of a constructible unit. Apparently, other players have already mentioned this on the forum.

8) I have been given sometimes the ability to play the "Raid" RGD in Wien. The city of Wien was under my control, I had an army in Wien with some light cavalry units. According to the tooltip, this RGD should only played on an enemy city.
(I have no saved game for this. It has happened at least one time.)

Leibst

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi Gribeauval, thanks a lot for your comments :D and for the issues listed.
- I will check all the new issues reported, as you say some were old issues. I have tried to repeat the number 7 several times but it doesnt happen to me, maybe is related with the windows version ¿?
- please continue adding here whatever you see is interesting as i'm currently working on a new patch an testing things.

Regards
Miguel

edit: Regarding the time of recruiting. These regiments were most of times old combatants going back to service. Regiments were enlisted by generals or noblemen during several weeks and finally integrated into the army.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Okay Miguel,
As to point 7, it has happened with bavarian troops (for example the bavarian artillery unit of the construction pool). Maybe have you a more recent version of the TYW.exe that have this error corrected ??

9) The danish forces don't appear on the big strategic map : I can see a danish stack on the main map, but not on the strategic map.

10)The "Defensive works" RGD can be applied in a region where the forces are already entrenched at level 3. This is useless and a player can use this RGD for no benefit.

11) In the french text of the "Requisition" RGD, it is said that a leader is requested to apply the decision. Apparently, it is a false information.

12) In spanish tercio, the first element is called Veteran pikemen , this element uses a replacement chit of elite infantry. The replacement chit has a small star on its NATO symbol. But the veteran pikemen element of the unit uses a classic infantry NATO symbol. (I don't know if it is important, the player can be confused and not buy any elite infantry replacement).

13) In the bavarian infantry units, some elements representing soldiers carrying firearms use a special symbol. It is nice, but it is not the case with other catholic factions : HRE arquebusiers or musketeers use a classic NATO symbol for their element.

Leibst

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:19 am

Fixed issues 11 and 13. 10 cant be fixed. its useless yes, but i cant detect if a stack is already at 3 trench level.

thanks Griveabal :)
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 pm

14) Just a suggestion : maybe could you explain in the tooltip that the "Raid" decision card is only playable in a region with a good development level.

15) In november 1624, I got a window with a message explaining that one of the IA player has not submitted his turn. It was the turn following the entry in war of Denmark (but I'm not sure). I clicked on "Accept" or "yes" (I don't remember) and I got the next turn. I have never seen such a window before in any AGEOD game.

16) In april 1625, I have occupied Prag with a catholic army for several turns and 2 protestant artillery batteries appeared in the city. There was a message mentioning that the protestants have bought artillery. It was certainly this artillery arriving in an enemy occupied city.

Leibst

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:41 am

14) Ok
15) Maybe you have loaded the game as Protestant and after that swith sides?
16) Do you have the RC patch installed? i think this was fixed.
HQ website

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Sorry, Miguel.
Yes , I have installed the patch, but I didn't check the path of the installation. It didn't correspond to the actual emplacement of the game.
My game was not updated, I was still playing with the version 100 of the scenario. That explains the Gregory XV issue, the protestant artillery issue.
I'm sorry, I have to restart the campaign.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:25 pm

I have started a new campaign with version 101RC.

17) I don't know if it is an error : Marradas reinforcements arrive in a protestant region, Budweiss (this region has been conquered by the protestants previously, but no protestant army was present in the region). The city of Budweiss falls in catholic hands without a fight, the whole region passes to catholic control.

Just few subsidiary questions : do you plan to raise the cost in EP of the different options ? Do you plan to add a lot of things (events, troops, options, RGD) in the future patches ?

Leibst

Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:11 pm

17) is WAD, Spanish troops coming from the South.

I'm working on fixing things, addindg 2 new RGD. Lot of things are not easy to add, because the impact on the rest of the game and that can mean serious test.
So what i want is to check the game from start to end in order to fix things and check others and maybe change anything needed for game balance or AI behaviour.
I'm not sure of adding new units. Some people demanded a later scenario or make the Swedish longer, this last could be possible and relatively easy to do.
HQ website

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Happy new year, Miguel.

18) v101 I have got a second time the option to buy 12 lb cannons. I have got the message "Opt notify HRE buy 12 lb canons regen"

19) v101 I didn't have any money during several turns (0 thaler). I have got a message warning me that a lot of units had lost cohesion. But all my units had their full cohesion (example : cohesion 50/50). They were badly mauled and had lost men of course (elements in red color).

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:36 pm

20) v101 The Bethlen Gabor RGD is now a three steps process. I get a first RGD. When this first RGD is successfull, i get a second RGD to sign a peace treaty with Bethlen Gabor. When this second RGD is successfull, I get a message warning me that now Betlen Gabor is no longer in war. And I get a third RGD (Advanced) to finalize the treaty.
In my first game (v100), it seemed a two-steps process.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:45 pm

I still get the crash in 7) with v101 : I have clicked on an element of a light HRE infantry unit.

21) v100 I had lost (in my first attempt with the game) a light cavalry croat unit. This kind of units is precious : you can conduct raid with them. You get them by a military option. Could you not afford the player to buy another similar unit later when he has lost such one ?
It's just a suggestion.

I have another question : what was the fate of the war prisoners in this period (the soldiers, not the leaders) ? Do you have introduced an option to deal with them later in the game ?

22) Could you put in the annex document a chart with the command penalties (swedish leaders commanding german soldiers, HRE leaders commanding spanish soldiers, etc) ?

Leibst

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Happy New Year!
18) is already commented and fixed for next patch.
19) This is beyond of what i can do. I just set the parameter to set the cost of maintenance as in AJE, so it should work in the same way. Some of the units should have take some cohesion hits. I will take a look anyway.
20) I will check that in my current test game.
21) I'm not sure if it is already as you say, i will add that feature sounds logical.
22) There is no such penalty in TYW

issue 7 should be fixed in next patch.
Regarding the prisoners, i'm trying to solve an issue. in TYW there are no prisoners in battles or its very strange to see battles with prisoners. This is not working as i want. I want prisoners and to be possible to enlist some of them in our armies.
HQ website

Ebbingford

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Regarding the prisoners, i'm trying to solve an issue. in TYW there are no prisoners in battles or its very strange to see battles with prisoners. This is not working as i want. I want prisoners and to be possible to enlist some of them in our armies.

You can do this in some AJE scenarios IIRC :cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:38 pm

About 20 , I can confirm that it doesn't work as intended. I have played the third card to see what happens. I have got a new message indicating that Gethlen Gabor is out the war. And a new RGD ( the 4th ) card has appeared to remove this leader and his army.

Leibst

Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:41 pm

I know. Its fixed thanks for your help. Im advancing with patch, Athena is playing much better as Protestan, she is even beating me in the Great Campaign. :blink: But i need to test more and improve some details to feel happy with the result.
HQ website

Return to “Help improve TYW”