Leibst

TYW 1.01RC Public beta Patch (8th October 2015 update)

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Dear players,

Here is the link to the current public beta version of TYW 1.01RC. These are called 'release candidates' because each can potentially be the official one, if there is no issue of importance. They should be very stable in any case.

http://slitherine.com/files/AGEOD/Patch_TYW_1.01_RC1.rar

Patch 1.01RC
Release Date: Q3 2015
How to update your game:

This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of TYW. This patch is save-compatible.

[color="#FF0000"]Summary of changes:[/color]

[color="#00FF00"]Graphics:
-----------[/color]

Added miniflags for Croatian units.
Fixed some missing graphics

[color="#00FF00"]Gameplay:
------------[/color]

Fixed issue with 12Lb art Option.

Event troops to Poland is shofter now.

Revised Forcepool in Great Campaign game for both sides.

Revised Danish Surrender

Sweden can get into the war earlier.

Fixed issue for Luebeck garrison.

Melnik region tooltip now is 'clear'

Fixed route to Melnik

Fixed text for Multinational Abbility

Fixed issue with german and spanish text in Tutorial 1/8.

Issue in spanish text for cost of units fixed.

Revised Victory Points in several scenarios.

Fixed issue with Gregory XV option

Convert to Catholic/Protestants RGD cannot be played in Dip. Boxes anymore.

[color="#00FF00"]AI
----------[/color]

AI plays better the RGDs

AI should be able to surrender Denmark and allow Sweden entry into the war.

[color="#00FF00"]Sounds:
---------[/color]

Fixed an issue with files names.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

elxaime
General

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Possible issues with the Grand Campaign. Not sure if they existed before the 1.01 RC1 beta patch, which we are using in our ongoing PBEM

1. The Protestant buy armaments option doesn't seem to be firing. You spend five gold and nothing happens - gold isn't spent, no armaments, no event messages telling you what if anything happened

2. The Protestant 12lb cannon decision reinforcement will appear at Catholic controlled cities - I think this has already been reported elsewhere - not sure if the same happens with Catholic 12lb (which isn't working anyway - see below)

3. It doesn't seem like supply wagons are returning to the force pool available to be built again after they are consumed building a depot.

4. The Catholic 12lb cannon decision likewise is not working, despite the spending of money and EP; not sure if it would also suffer from the bug of appearing in an enemy-held city

5. As with other games like Revolution Under Siege Gold, the TYW game crashes when you have the build units screen open and try and select one of the elements to examine it; I believe a fix is done but awaiting deployment

6. We may have a Wallenstein and/or neutral Munster issue as well. Wallenstein appeared in January 1624 in the neutral Munster frozen. In our game it is now February 1627. The Munster region is still frozen and neutral although it is up to 96% Imperial loyalty in the diplomatic box. This one seems like a Munster issue - does it need to be 100 percent? Hard to see how Wallenstein can enter in his historical time frame if he starts in a frozen zone that stays neutral that long. Maybe we are missing something here? Maybe it is the Wallenstein event too. Hard to figure.

I would add that we applied the new patch over an existing PBEM game. So it is always possible that may have had some impact.

ADDENDUM - the issues may have been due to applying the new patch over an existing game. In our current PBEM, which was started fresh with the latest version, we don't seem to be having any problems as of yet.

Leibst

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 am

thanks for reporting. I will check that.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Bruit Bleu

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks for the patch. BTW, the link does not work.
Here is the one I found on Slitherine's board : http://slitherine.com/files/AGEOD/Patch_TYW_1.01_RC1.rar
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Konrad von Richtmark
Private

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Has national morale gains and losses been looked at? I've played a Protestant grand campaign up to November 1635, managed to turn the tide after Danish intervention, and now I have occupied all objective cities except Stettin and Stralsund which are still in inactive regions. Swedish entry into the war was unnecessary. Imperial national morale is at 61, so still no autowin. In such a situation, it's implausible that there'd be any will to fight on on the Imperial side, or even ability to. If properly scaled, NM should probably have collapsed when I had captured both Vienna and all of Bavaria, knocking out both the Habsburg Emperor and his most powerful supporter. That, or at the very latest, when all of Bavaria, Prague and Vienna had fallen. I also remember someone else commenting that playing as the Imperials, he managed to get every available city on the map occupied by 1626 without triggering automatic victory. That too sounds like a situation where it should, by all rights, be awarded.

Leibst

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Konrad,
Are you playing with the beta patch installed?
There are events that should trigger in such situation to force automatic victory.
could you put here the saved game please?
HQ website

Konrad von Richtmark
Private

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Ah, no, just with release version 1.0. Since the patch notes said that VP gains have been looked at, I was wondering if NM gains have been too.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:48 am

The link does not work somehow?

Leibst

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:24 am

I will report about the link. Will be fixed ASAP.
HQ website

Bruit Bleu

Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 pm

steelwarrior77 wrote:The link does not work somehow?

See post #4. :wavey:
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks ;-D

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:25 pm

A couple of issues while playing as the HRE with the beta patch:
-In the message log there appears a news item "evt_nam_HRE_CologneIncome" (ditto for Trier)
-The text for the Saxon entry has errors: "After some diplomatic pressure Saxony is about to enter the war the war. The Protestants has [rather "have"?] achieved exit [should this be "success"?] pressing Saxony." Also the text appeared in two consequtive turns.
-After Denmark surrendered, the city of Havelberg and the region Uelzen became blocked. Is this WAD?
-Sweden entered the war about two turns after the Danes surrendered, seems a little hasty. Also shouldn't their entry give the Protestants additional resources? I loaded the game as them, as I'm contemplating changing sides, but the Protestants have zero money, war supplies and engagement points.. :O

Tamas

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 am

Download link fixed! :innocent:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help improve TYW”