Philo32b
Captain

Scenarios no longer starting

Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:44 pm

I wonder if someone could help me. I was playing TYW for about a week every day, and then all of a sudden when I try to load the game or start a new game, the game will not start. The mouse cursor turns into the firing musketeer as usual, and (for a new scenario) the first information popup occurs. But then the cursor becomes the quill and nothing happens even if I wait for several minutes. I have taken a screen shot to attach to this post.

I used Revo Uninstaller to completely remove the game from my computer, downloaded the game again, then installed it, and restarted my computer. That did not help.

I have been using Windows 10 to play TYW without any issues. Yesterday I did download and extract into the TYW folder the Baroque Music Mod from the AGEOD TYW forum. Since that mod just puts mp3 files into the game, I don't see how that would have this effect, but that was the last thing I did before I encountered this issue. When I unstalled the game I removed that mod and did not reinstall when I tried to reinstall the game.

Can someone help me, please?

[ATTACH]34573[/ATTACH]
Attachments
TYW pic.JPG

Philo32b
Captain

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:05 am

When I ran the game in administrator mode the game works fine. So the problem is solved.

Return to “TYW Technical support / Aide technique”