phoenix
Captain

where's the manual?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 am

I mean the proper manual. Not the sketchy summary thing that comes with the game.

I'm trying, finally, to learn the 'AGEOD' system, and enjoying it all, so far. But finding the dearth of official guides and information really frustrating. You have to read the manual, people in the videos tell me, so I have. But it's hardly comprehensive. So where's the rest of the info to be found? Can anyone help? I've watched what videos there are already.

Where should I look, for example, to find the answer to how to interpret the figure given as enemy strength on the F9 page of the ledger? It's not in the manual (unless I missed it?), there's no tooltip, and though a video does mention it, not so as I would understand what it means. For the Danish scenario, for the Catholics, for example, enemy strength is given as 76/0?????? Meaning what? How do I compare that to my own strength? Where do I find a figure for my own strength to compare with it?

This is just one example of something I cannot find an explantion for. Is there some fund of official guidelines somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks!

PS: How do I post images in here? Anyone help? Thanks again.

Nikel

Re: where's the manual?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:57 pm

You are right, the manual is lacking in that particular information.

But the tooltip works. It is:

The relative land and naval strength of the enemy compared to you (100).

So 76/0 indicates that in land forces the enemy has a 76% relative to your own forces, 3/4 if you prefer.

And 0 means that has no navy.

You can only upload images in certain subfora, like help improve. It is a problem not solved in this new forum.

phoenix
Captain

Re: where's the manual?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks for the response. I went back and checked the tooltip, and yes, it was there - I was hovering over the wrong place.....doh.....

Many thanks.

Return to “Thirty Years War”