Room
Conscript

Diplomacy questions

Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm currently in a pbem around turn 110. Danemark is still in the war and Saxony have just entered the frey on my protestant behalf. Mantua event

I have 90% relation with Brandenburg.

Acording to the annex: In The Thirty Years War scenario Brandenburg can join the Protestant side if these conditions are met: The Protestant player controls the cities of: Kolberg, Gartz, Landsberg, Berlin, Stettin and Frankfurt am Oder. The Protestant Loyalty is over 60% in the Brandenburg Diplomatic Box

1) But some of the region are locked, how can I make Branderburg declare war or support me in anyway?

I understand Sweden won(t intervene until Danes are out. So hope I won't have them lol

2) I don't understand how can France enter the war?

3) What is the point of influencing the Dutch or England?

Ripster8
Colonel

Re: Diplomacy questions

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Greetings! Here has been my experience with the diplomacy questions you raise:

1. In my last game the French entered the war in the spring of 1635, the Swedes in the spring of 1636. Not sure if this is fixed or dependant on game conditions. I would guess it is fixed, though.

2. I never was able to get Brandenburg to enter the war on either side, but capturing Berlin at least gave the Protestants more income.

3. England occasionally provides a small income bonus to the Protestants so I would try to keep them happy. I can't remember ever receiving anything from the Dutch, however.

Hope this helps!

Room
Conscript

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:14 pm

It does! Thks :)

Any additionnal help would be appreciated

Durk

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Which regions or cities are locked for you? This might help understand the problem.

Room
Conscript

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Well all of them really: : Kolberg, Gartz, Landsberg, Berlin, Stettin and Frankfurt am Oder

I suppose Stettin is controlled if Sweden join. For the other they are part of branderbourg, aren't they?

Durk

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Time is what you need.
Yes, the others are all Brandenburg.

Room
Conscript

Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm

So Brandenburg is going to be unlocked as a region? when and/or how does this happen?

Durk

Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:23 pm

As Ripster8 comments, gaining Brandenburg for either side is not common. This reflects the historical reality of Brandenburg's wavering commitment. Toward the end of the war Brandenburg sided first with Sweden and then switched to the Habsburgs. Each side can gain Brandenburg, but it is not a certainty. Brandenburg typically unlocks sometime during the last ten years at which point you can try for the conditions you listed. Whether or not Brandenburg does join a side is then a probability of chance. As you reflected in the opening post, once the conditions are met it CAN join, not will.
Additionally, this Brandenburg does not have an army anything like the later Prussian armies. The army was actually disbanded for some time.

Durk

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:57 am

With more experience, but with nothing close to mastery. It seems as if the Protestant side should focus its diplomacy upon Saxony and France, with some effort toward Brandenburg.

Return to “Thirty Years War”