Wiggum
Lieutenant

Do you play with or without Battle Planer ?

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi !

Do you play with or without Battle Planer ?

Could you please explain why you play with/without it ?

Thanks !

clandini5
Corporal

Re: Do you play with or without Battle Planer ?

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:25 pm

I use the Battle Planner, I feel it adds a bit of flavor and realism to the game, as it gives me a chance to influence the battles during the course of the game. There are often times where the choice seems to go well (hurrah) or sometimes I take it on the chin (no one to blame except me), so it adds to the fun.

Durk

Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:35 am

I mainly play pbem, so the Battle Planner is not very important to me as it is not used in pbem play, but it is interesting.

csiemers
Sergeant

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:31 am

I started out using the battle planner but with time I found it didn't add much to the game for me so I no longer use it.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:29 pm

I always play with the battle planner. it does add some flavor, and immersion, and I do feel I am able to influence the battle by making good choices.

It is not clear from the rules what is the best choice in a particular situation, so I let experience be my guide, also my gut feeling. That is somewhat realistic, as the real generals had to take risks without knowing how they would turn out, This also adds excitement, and enhances my enjoyment of the game.

Return to “Thirty Years War”