ixspartan
Civilian

Having issues

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:38 pm

I recently bought both to end all wars and the thirty years war games and I get this every time I try to start it up can not detect compatible Direct3d devices. I bought them through steam and I don't have any issues with other games except these two I do have an AMD Radeon HD 7970M two of them I was hoping for some guidance I'm not the best pc guy.

Durk

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:05 am

I am not an expert on Steam installs, but it seems to me you need to update your Direct X. Just a guess.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:45 am

I'm a bit of a third world primitive when it comes to computers, so take everything I say cum grano salis.

I wasn't aware that any Ageod game supported 3D, so isn't it simply a question of going to your Steam game library, right-clicking on the game, left-clicking on Properties (the last item in the menu that appears), and then making sure the Desktop Theater box is unchecked? Come to think of it, you should probably uncheck the Steam Overlay box as well.

Having said that, when was the last time you updated your drivers ?

ixspartan
Civilian

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:11 pm

I updated my drivers last month there hasn't been any new ones out yet. I have unchecked both the overlay and the desktop theater button and the overlay and I still get the error. I have tried to update direct x and it says I have the current version.

Leibst

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:01 pm

please ixspartan, get in contact with support@slitherine.co.uk , they will help you.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”