henry.newbolt@libero.it
Conscript

Reinfeorcements squandered

Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:59 pm

Hello everybody,

I am new of the AGEOD games and I am at loss on the reinforcementes procedure.
I am playing the Danish Phase on the Imperial side.
I buy infantry chits on the production page of the ledger but instead of going to the various armies the invariably get squandered to the garrisons in the cities even if they are well back of the front lines; this happens both for the Imperials and the Bavarians.
The result is that both Wallenstein and Tilly armies are being depleted each turn and I find no way to make good their losses.
I have both armies in passive mode in a zone containing a city, and they are both partially unsupplied, could it be the reason?
I am still a little at loss on how to supply the armies.

Is there an option to activate to prevent the garrisons to be not automatically reinforced?

Leibst

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi Henry, welcome!

There is no such option.
The on ly thing i can say is that units with attack order are not so easy to get replacements that other, specially if they have the order 'Passive Posture'
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

henry.newbolt@libero.it
Conscript

Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:56 am

Leibstandarte wrote:Hi Henry, welcome!

There is no such option.
The on ly thing i can say is that units with attack order are not so easy to get replacements that other, specially if they have the order 'Passive Posture'

Hi Leib,

thank you for your answer, the "passive posture" I figured out by myself because is the best stance to recover cohesion points, so I assumed that it was the best also for reinforcements.
I have tried again the "Danish Phase" scenario on the Imperial side and even if the army is understrenght and immobile in a fortified city it receives nothing but the replacements chits are absorbed in the garrisons.
I am trying the "Grand Scenario". also on the Imperial side and here the replacements are working according to the manual.

Greetings
Andrea

Leibst

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:47 am

I have to make some changes in a future patch.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:57 pm

I am wondering if switching the garrisons to attack posture would mean that they would have less priority for replacements than field armies in passive posture?

henry.newbolt@libero.it
Conscript

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:35 am

vaalen wrote:I am wondering if switching the garrisons to attack posture would mean that they would have less priority for replacements than field armies in passive posture?

Hi Vaalen,
that's a good idea, I will try it, the strange thing is that it only happened in that particular scenario, not in the others I have played after.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:02 pm

henry.newbolt@libero.it wrote:Hi Vaalen,
that's a good idea, I will try it, the strange thing is that it only happened in that particular scenario, not in the others I have played after.

:You are welcome, and I am glad it is not showing up in the other scenarios. I hope my idea works if you need it.

Regards,

Vaalen

Return to “Thirty Years War”