GuileMike
Sergeant

Two questions about this title

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 pm

1. Are there plans to make it available on steam?

2. How does this title fair against Civil War 2 or others? It looks like a strong title from the looks of it with the pics I have seen.

GM

LCcmdr
Captain

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:17 am

GuileMike wrote:1. Are there plans to make it available on steam?

2. How does this title fair against Civil War 2 or others? It looks like a strong title from the looks of it with the pics I have seen.

GM

Here! Here!

I like your questions! And, want to learn such answers, as well.

I've bought the CW2 game, and it's excellent; very much an improvement over AACW in a number of ways (though the old game still has its own merit).

tribeticus
Captain

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:27 am

And I too would like to know...

30 years war and Napoleon, when will they be released on Steam? I know you can redeem the key, but I'd just like to get them on Steam like I do everything else.

Any idea when this will happen?

Leibst

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:22 pm

I cannot give a fixed date, but it could be possible to see TYW on steam, but i'm just the designer.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

I think it's an excellent game. Civil War II has the benefit of being older and, therefore, having received more post-release attention, but all AGEOD games [as well as most others] go thru this process. Thirty Years War is a strong title, and will only improve as remaining issues are addressed. I'm a big fan of the period, and was thrilled when I heard it was coming out. If the subject interests you, I'm sure you'll get just as much enjoyment out of this as you did from CWII.

Liberty Bell
Captain

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Well spoken Hrothgar, I agree. Well done Leibstandarte :thumbsup:

tribeticus
Captain

Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Liberty Bell wrote:Well spoken Hrothgar, I agree. Well done Leibstandarte :thumbsup:

Well done? No answer to the question just sarcasm. Would be nice to get some sort of basic response, especially to someone interested in purchasing the game. Not exactly a good way to treat a prospective customer.

Leibst

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Sorry tribeticus but as i said, i'm just the designer. It is not in my hand to set a steam release, its the comercial department who takes this kind of decisions.
So there is not fixed date about a steam release. But it could be during this year.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

tribeticus
Captain

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Sorry tribeticus but as i said, i'm just the designer. It is not in my hand to set a steam release, its the comercial department who takes this kind of decisions.
So there is not fixed date about a steam release. But it could be during this year.

Well I am sure we all appreciate you working on this game, it seems great. I love CW2 and EOW, so I am sure this one will be the same good game.

I just wish you guys would release on Steam quicker, many of us only use Steam because of its convenience and massive amount of reviews on the games.

Because I like your games so much I may buy some of them off of Steam, but I know alot of other people won't...our loss I guess if we don't buy it, but it sure would be nice if they were all on Steam.

Leibst

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:39 pm

And i agree with you ;)
HQ website

tribeticus
Captain

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:And i agree with you ;)

Thanks man, so any chance you can ask someone in the commercial department when it might come out on Steam, or do you know who people can contact to get any kind of general idea?

Leibst

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Lets say that its a matter of time to see TYW on Steam. But i cant give you a date.
HQ website

tribeticus
Captain

Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:06 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Lets say that its a matter of time to see TYW on Steam. But i cant give you a date.

Understood, and looking forward to it, although I have a feeling I will buy it before it comes out on Steam lol

Return to “Thirty Years War”