allan_boa
Colonel

Non-military aspects

Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi, I'd love to try it. I just wondered about the non military aspects of the game. Economics, diplomacy, production, etc.

The description only says:
"Production: Control your nation’s spending on the military, economics and diplomacy through a few simple-to-understand assets and production centers."

Is it an important part of the game or not ? Can someone explain/detail ?

Thank you.

HeinzHarald
Private

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Well, it's certainly important in large scenarios in a "in what direction do I want to take my nation?" way. But you won't be adjusting a bunch of sliders or building and moving around non military personnel.

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about: long epic grand campaign games.

Because over 30+ years, there are quite a lot of political/economic/diplomatic/alliances and other orientations that a leader should decide.

For example, is there a research tree ?
And what about the different sliders ? what are they for ?

Is there a demo ? Or is there a way to download the manual for free (as a preview) ?

HeinzHarald
Private

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:46 pm

You misunderstood, there are no sliders. And no research tree. But there's money, war supply and Eps that you spend on purchases and decisions and such.

The systems are probably more abstracted than what you are hoping for, but I like it. You focus on managing your troops and regions, but still get to make quite a few high level decisions.

Leibst

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi Allan_boa, there is nothing such complex, TYW tries to be an interesting but easy to play game, at least easier than other Ageod games, more in the line of AJE or BoA.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Ok I will see, I just purchased it. Downloading ... :-)

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:01 am

And you know what guys ? I'm having fun ! Easy to play (but probably hard to master). And I love the cards system :-)
+ a lovely map and units and a great historical feel = Great product !

Return to “Thirty Years War”