the_dovlets
Private

Troops sent to Poland event

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:05 am

Hello

I am in 1629 in my campaign as the Imperials and the troops sent to Poland event fired and my two biggest armies were sent to Poland. However, they are now dying in Gdynia as they are completely unsupplied. There is nothing I can do as I cannot move armies about in Poland. Something must be wrong, right :blink: ?

Leibst

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 am

In my test this event wasnt so hard. It is not its intention to leave the HRE without army. I will revise it. Meanwhile i can tell you that those troops will be back soon. Other thing you can do is replay the turn to see if the event selects different troops. It has a random part on the selection of troops.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

the_dovlets
Private

Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:06 pm

I don't find an issue with the fact that troops are being sent to Poland ( I had 3 armies, 2 were sent to Poland, 1 was left ). The problem is that the armies are dying of starvation in Poland...

Leibst

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:17 pm

A depot will be added. Four long turns there for that men.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

the_dovlets
Private

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:55 pm

OK great :)
At this moment I will consider this as punishment for their unsatisfactory performance :D

Florent

Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:16 pm

I had the same problem yesrterday 3 armies sent Wallenstein with power 1061, Pappenheim a reserve Army in the Palatinate 480 or so and a 700 army under Bucquoy. I was about to take Kiel and this Wallenstein army vanished when i was about to win in the North.

Nevertheless i didn't had this supply problem ??? or not so much. It became a problem when they arrive at Krossen and then i lost plenty of troops by starvation.

You have to revised this rule because HISTORICALLY only a few Regts were sent. I looked at my Ben Hull Wargame (Muskets and Pike) and the battle of Honigfelde had only 4 Rgts of Kürassier and 1 Arquebusiers (Imperials) i think.

I stopped my game now because the danish period if correctly introduced is a Disaster for their retirement of the War. I stopped in 1632 with no peace, no Swedish. I had taken all North Germany and try to go to Allborg (180 days to go ???? and 180 days to go back ???).

Thus the Game is outstanding !!! and very immersive !!! from 1618 to Danish intervention but the coming of a new champion Gustav and the peace with Danemark which allows the Swedish has to be resolved rapidly.

Do you have the idea to do the polish War Separetely later or to have directly it in the Campaign Game ? The Polish Winged Hussars are a must !!!!
Attachments
Polish_winged_hussar_by_TBenda_.jpg
lg_wingedhussars.jpg

Offworlder
General

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Yes troops returning from Poland have a long way to go. I do two things, a) smaller army heads to Gorlitz while larger one goes to Magdeburg and b) mass some transport wagons either at Magdeburg (where I build a depot) or Gorlitz and as soon as Poland event fires, I send them at the point where the armies appear. I know its cheating, but its difficult to see an army melt away just like that.

BTW I think that basically the AI chooses some of the armies on the battlefield and since most players normally mass their forces, probably the AI does not really have much choice. Indeed at one point I had several contingents on their way to join the army in the north and they were taken. Even a garrison force was sent to Poland...

Leibst

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:05 pm

sorry for the problems, my tests weren't so bad and i felt ok with the event, but the solution its on the way.
Poland, yes an interesting scenario but as you can imagine it takes many time to make it real, and not only time, but any suggestions are welcome.

edit: If you can attach saved games that will help a lot to me. ;)
HQ website

Philo32b
Captain

Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:27 am

I had most of my troops taken to Poland as well (they were in two large army stacks), where they started starving. But I assumed their resulting starved condition represented that they had a difficult time of it in Poland. :)

Return to “Thirty Years War”