Offworlder
General

Of Mantua and generals...

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:05 am

There are some items I'd like to clarify a bit, one regarding the Mantua War and the other regarding generals.

So to Mantua - is this included in the game? I'm under the impression that during the initial phases of the Swedish Intervention, a substantial number of troops were tied up in Italy supporting Spain.

Regarding Generals I have a question and a clarification. Is the promotion system as in other Ageod games implemented or do generals remain at their given ratings throughout the game?

BTW I was a bit surprised that Pappenheim was given an artillerist quality. As far as I know, he was essentially a horseman (there's even a cuirassier regiment with his name in the game) and died leading a cavalry charge. So maybe a cavalryman attribute would be better suited. Also I'm under the impression that Aldringer was a Bavarian general rather than an imperialist one, though given that there aren't any penalties in putting other nationalities under a general, this is only sugar coating. ;)

Anyways, still having a blast of a time with this game!

Offworlder
General

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 am

Bump. According to the manual promotion should occur but I never seen it happening...

aryaman

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:38 am

I am playing the Swedish intervention scenario, and yes, this is included. The imperial army that was besieging Mantua shows up in southern Germany in 1631, as was the case historically, with units understrength

Offworlder
General

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Good to know, but in the campaign no Mantua event fires.

Leibst

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:56 pm

iwill check that Offworlder, it should.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”