LiarFox

Thirty Years’ War Released and Streamed!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm

“Only the dead have seen the end of war” – Sentence attributed to Plato

1618. The seed of the Protestant Reformation has matured and is now ready to be caught, with blood.

In the foundry of every town, hundreds of new armours are forged; swords are removed from the walls of homes, while soldiers are waiting for their moment, like vultures. Just a spark somewhere and all of Europe will be ignited...

Thirty Years’ War, the long anticipated wargame developed by HQ Studio and brought to life thanks to the AGE Engine, is finally out!

The Thirty Years War period has come to life by request of the community. It won the poll hands down, beating even more popular topics like World War II and it is now reality, thanks to the efforts of the creator of Espana 1936, a surprise hit two years ago.

In Thirty Years’ War you have to adapt to the countless situations now emerging by new alliances and war innovations. Commanders and leaders of that time – each one with their own personalities – have a number of abilities defined which makes them unique!

Historical events are triggered during the game, forcing you to deal with their consequences and impacts on the gameplay. These cover anything from local uprising to foreign intervention.

With Thirty Years’s War your soul will be put to test: will you be able to preserve the integrity of your people while the World around you is falling apart?

Grab the game here!

To better show the features of the game we will stream it today on our Official Twitch Channel at 20:00 CEST / 18:00 UTC / 2:00 PM EDT!

And if you are too impatient to wait for the stream, hereyou can watch a 13 minutes Primer Preview Video made by Pewpewchewchew!

seathom
Colonel

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Downloading it now; first time I've bought the game through Matrix and not Steam so keeping my fingers crossed! Shock and awe at the price of $29.99? I thought it would be much more (not that I'm complaining!) Can't wait to start the grand campaign.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Also downloading now. Had thought the TYW was several months away so today's news was a pleasant surprise. However, the release has created an overwhelming urge to defenestrate something while waiting to install but I'll be good and leave Cat to his sleep.

Thanks in advance to all concerned.

-C

Carnium

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:27 pm

No Steam release for this one?
Or will it be delayed there?

seathom
Colonel

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: defenestration. I hope there aren't any Catholics in your home :)

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:05 am

seathom wrote:Re: defenestration. I hope there aren't any Catholics in your home :)

Just Cat... But he's pretty much lapsed.

-C

Chicken Spadge
Private

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:54 am

Good grief! Is this how it always works with AGEOD titles?

As far as I know, the game was only announced in May, and now it's been released with no real run-up. I'm used to Paradox, which announces games about a year in advance with a target quarter-year, and then gives you a release date several weeks in advance. Here it's just whumpf! - there you go!

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 pm

Chicken Spadge wrote:Good grief! Is this how it always works with AGEOD titles?

As far as I know, the game was only announced in May, and now it's been released with no real run-up. I'm used to Paradox, which announces games about a year in advance with a target quarter-year, and then gives you a release date several weeks in advance. Here it's just whumpf! - there you go!

AGEOD games aren't launched. They're leaked.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:05 pm

fred zeppelin wrote:AGEOD games aren't launched. They're leaked.

Or in the case of TYW, they're defenestrated.

-C

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Chicken Spadge wrote:Good grief! Is this how it always works with AGEOD titles?

If it's ready, it's ready. - Yogi Berra :)
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Return to “Thirty Years War”